Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:08 AM

Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? (791 Views)

We sell the Cheapest Toks and Nigeria Used Cars / EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! / How Much Do They Sell The Land Rover Freelander Jeep In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by oldave: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2009
I Intend buying a car from a lady.But the car is register in another person's name which she claims is her husband.the problem is that,her husband is not in the country for me to easily confirm this information.My concern is this, how do i know she has the authourity to sell the car? Because i want to avoid a situation whereby after buying the car,and the man comes around and said he did'nt give her permission to sell. Before you know it becomes a police case and all that.So please am seeking your advice on the best way to go about it.All the lawyers in the house i need your opinion.

Thanks.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by IGWE3(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
oldave:

I Intend buying a car from a lady.But the car is register in another person's name which she claims is her husband.the problem is that,her husband is not in the country for me to easily confirm this information.My concern is this, how do i know she has the authourity to sell the car? Because i want to avoid a situation whereby after buying the car,and the man comes around and said he did'nt give her permission to sell. Before you know it becomes a police case and all that.So please am seeking your advice on the best way to go about it.All the lawyers in the house i need your opinion.

Thanks.[/color]
[color=#000099]I'm not a lawyer but I'd rather you leave the car unless she has a change of ownership certificate on her name.
Better still, try talk to the husband.
In doing that, beware of syndicates smiley smiley
Regards,
Igwe

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, With This Vin: 1hgcg5650wa043248 / I Want 2 Buy A Jeep I Have 1 Million Naira Call 070-55-000-000 Its Urgent. / 1998 Honda Crv For Grab At Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.