Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,712 members, 7,914,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:47 PM

How I Was Almost Duped On Olx - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Almost Duped On Olx (879 Views)

Lagos CEO 'Mr Stainless' Who Duped His Ex-girlfriends & Others Arrested. Photos / British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) / 'Alfa duped female Doctor In Search Of Pregnancy and Money Ritual’ (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Almost Duped On Olx by haneefsoft: 9:04pm On May 25, 2015
Good day nairalanders. I felt like sharing with you my experience with a fraudster on olx. You need to be very vigilant to deal with people on platforms like olx.
I needed a Samsung led TV and I decided to check on olx and I felt lucky to have a used one labelled #30k close by , location being Tambuwal(I am in Birnin-Kebbi, a distance of about 1-1.5hr by road) so I decided to call the seller(who called himself Mr. Sheyi) He then asked me to send my name and address to him, promising to send it down on Monday today on a payment on delivery agreement. During the weekend, I lost interest in the TV and I settled for a Technika 15" LCD so I sent a text to the guy that I'm no longer interested. To my dismay, I received this text while at work today, purportedly from OLX. Oh my God, people are hyper-desperate (permit me to use the word)

Hello ***my name ***, your request has been successfully booked for delivery on OLX. DELIVERY CODE NO: KB112137. PRODUCT:Samsung 32inch Led TV. Kindly go and make your payment. ACC NO: 3093028816 ACC NAME: Victor Bello BANK: First . Thanks for shopping on OLX.

Kai. When did olx become konga or jumia.
this was my reply to the guy

You are mad. Do you think I'm a fool. You send me message as if you are olx. You are a bastard. You will never prosper. In fact, for attempting to defraud me of my hard-earned money, you will lose all your life savings in just one day. Amin. Amin. Amin. I even sent you a message that I'm no longer interested and you still fake a message from olx. Your mother will...It's okay. Bastard!!!

If you see him Mr. Sheyi, he's a gbajue o. This is his number
0814 199 1266. Beware of this number and that of people like Mr. Sheyi on olx
See screenshots below
Re: How I Was Almost Duped On Olx by haneefsoft: 9:16pm On May 25, 2015
pics

1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Duped On Olx by jamex93(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2015
grin

maga no pay am

thank God u wise bro some ppl will send the money ignorantly and come down here to cry

thank God u wise
Re: How I Was Almost Duped On Olx by Unwagb1: 10:40pm On May 25, 2015
My dear!
I am glad you did not pay the guy jare. You should also report him to OLX using their support email address.

Like seriously? Olx is a marketplace where buyers meet sellers and Olx will never send that kind of text message.
Re: How I Was Almost Duped On Olx by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 25, 2015
I pray God shld punish that Scammer for using my home town as his base, am very sure he just used Tambuwal to attract his prey. I will notify our able
Speaker Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal (My Governor elect) before he scam him lol.
Anyway though am in Port harcourt now bt i will send the aforemention encounter to Tambuwal's DPO via whatsapp wether they can trace the scammer.
Meanwhile u shld have notice the first three digits of his phone number after 081 is 419. grin
I jus copy n pasted this episode to all Tambuwal's social media groups, i wil get back to you as soon as somethin came up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Tampering With My Account . / Photo: Young Lady Commits Suicide After Father Openly Disgraced Her On Youtube / How Onitsha/nkpor Massacre Of Pro-biafra Supporters Was Coordinated — SSS Opt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.