Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,608 members, 7,914,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:36 AM

Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List (1707 Views)

It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by HzRF(m): 5:07am On May 26, 2015
– An early minute brow between President-Elect, General Muhammadu Buhari and governors elected on the platform on the All Progressives Congress may be in the offing as Buhari has asked the governors to steer clear of his ministerial list.
Vanguard gathered that Buhari is contemplating a system operated in the second republic during the era of National Party of Nigeria, NPN, where appointment of ministers was done by the national secretariat of the party and not by the governors.
A source at the National Headquarters of the APC yesterday said that Buhari had directed the leadership of the party to pass the message of non interference to the governors.
According to the source, Buhari could not find any justification for the state governors to choose Ministers for him after they had chosen their own commissioners without unnecessary interferences from the federal government.
Vanguard learnt that there had been a list of Ministers submitted by the governors which was rejected.
The source also hinted that the president-elect was not happy with the governors on their inability to pay workers’ salaries after collecting their states allocation from the federal government.
It will be recalled that APC governors had recently met with Buhari in Abuja where they requested his intervention to pay salaries of workers, noting the dwindling state of the economy.
But Buhari reportedly asked them to pay salaries having collected their allocation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buhari-not-happy-with-govs-inability-to-pay-salaries-rejects-ministerial-list/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by frankman365(m): 5:11am On May 26, 2015
Let him enter first.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by frankman365(m): 5:13am On May 26, 2015
Let him enter first
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by modath(f): 5:17am On May 26, 2015
There is a saying that goes "start as you mean to proceed" .. Baba has succesfully nipped in the bud the govs undue (& most often than not detrimental) influence on both present and future decision making processes.

Not one of the govs can come screaming "I delivered my state to you" .. GMB has a cult following in the North and what he got in the SW and NC were ALL From the people.

These govs could find money to pay their political "liabilities" but couldn't even do a half month arrangee with "poor" workers.

They should be asked what they did with the money, we agree allocation has dipped but this is beyond baaaaaddd!!!

Aregbe is the greatest disappointment of them all, just living on his past glory!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by babyfaceafrica: 5:17am On May 26, 2015
I pray God gives this man the strenght to purge this nation of corrupt officials, and as for governors owning, you better pay up, the general is not smiling.I won't comment of the ministeial list until after the official list,I prefer facts to assumptions,this country will be whole again!!!
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Firefire(m): 5:23am On May 26, 2015
Visionless governors.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by omusiliyu(m): 5:26am On May 26, 2015
This is serious ooo. Rascal Ogberan Aregbe baba Kabiru. Where will you run to now?

Tinubu cant change baba's opinion when it comes to governance. You can run to meet him for aid, his side isnt safe too
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by tunwumi: 5:32am On May 26, 2015
Too bad
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by kodded(m): 5:35am On May 26, 2015
Oyo - 4 months (apc)
Osun - 6 months (apc)
Imo - 13 months (apc)
Rivers - 3 months (apc)

The funny thing is that this are the set of people that are shouting "change" ...this are the set of people claiming progressive smh

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Nobody: 5:43am On May 26, 2015
Firefire:
Visionless governors.
You don't say that.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Firefire(m): 5:46am On May 26, 2015
dovelike:

You don't say that.

I just said it!
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Nobody: 5:47am On May 26, 2015
Firefire:

I just said it!

You just don't.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Firefire(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2015
kodded:
Oyo - 4 months (apc)
Osun - 6 months (apc)
Imo - 13 months (apc)
Rivers - 3 months (apc)

The funny thing is that this are the set of people that are shouting "change" ...this are the set of people claiming progressive smh

Criminal governors, Buhari be fast to send those mofos to jail.

Forget about immunity!
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by VcStunner(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2015
A̶̲̥̅♏ particularly concerned on why osun state can't pay salaries undecided ther's actually no reason to justify this wicked act by these greedy gorvernors. We knew befor nw that Tinubu could not single handedly finance a presidential campaign, but we never tot those guys(gov's) will use the workers money to pay der quota all in d quest for relevance and attention at d federal level. Its really wicked!! GMB has been saying much dis days, but I will take him serious when if he can slash d cost of gorvernance in both executive and legislative within the first 100days. I really. Don't care who his ministers are. They hav no choice than to perform o
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by olasmith10(m): 5:54am On May 26, 2015
it will no longer be business as usual
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by ichidodo: 5:59am On May 26, 2015
Exciting times lay far ahead....
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by samtol4(m): 6:19am On May 26, 2015
dovelike:

You just don't.
They are visionless governors Period! Where in any part of the world salaries are tied down for months ?how much is the salary sef and how much governors spend per day?funny enough they are still called "his excellency" God have mercy on Nigeria .
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Nobody: 6:50am On May 26, 2015
Why i voted for him? He has the balls to run a government.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by Darejyde(m): 7:10am On May 26, 2015
How do these Govs eat, sleep, get high and even bleep their ashanas' when the knw millions dont even have what to eat b4 they go to bed or even when the wake up with the bang on their doors by the landlords because of unpaid rent, the kids not happy wit the parents because they cant go to school as others after their dad hushed them when the asked for their fees, the wife is tryin her best but its not just enough, he has to borrow money from her to go to work because of the inflated fares as a result of fuel scarcity, he does not even knw the latest as their is no power supply to charge his phone or watch the news all becos he is owed 13mnts Salary by one stupid, greedy governor...... Its well oh!
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by otokx(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2015
Nice move on the surface by PMB but will that guarantee functionality and influence in the states? Politically not very wise.
Re: Buhari Not Happy With Govs Inability To Pay Salaries, Rejects Ministerial List by HzRF(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2015
modath:
There is a saying that goes "start as you mean to proceed" .. Baba has succesfully nipped in the bud the govs undue (& most often than not detrimental) influence on both present and future decision making processes.

Not one of the govs can come screaming "I delivered my state to you" .. GMB has a cult following in the North and what he got in the SW and NC were ALL From the people.

These govs could find money to pay their political "liabilities" but couldn't even do a half month arrangee with "poor" workers.

They should be asked what they did with the money, we agree allocation has dipped but this is beyond baaaaaddd!!!

Aregbe is the greatest disappointment of them all, just living on his past glory!
I don't agree with they can't shout I deliver my state

D govs did D job u can't take sat away even with funds (workers salary)
If Buhari can't stand his ground den I will take him serious

(1) (Reply)

PDP To Apeal Court President: Dissolve Rivers Election Tribunal / Northern Nigerians Will Rule Nigeria For Up To 30 Years / Is The Military Personnel Above The Law Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.