Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:18 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1069503 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrChris001: 4:47am On Mar 02, 2017
steamaje:
Any brilliant mind want to do a PhD in Health?Gender

We need Nigerians here. You could get a scholarship

Please, provide details.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:14am On Mar 02, 2017
guadete:
can someone get visa grant to study diploma in nursing am currently offshore......and plz do u mind referring me to a diploma of nursing that will take 2years and the fee is considerable like 4k per semester in Sydney
thanks
TAFE is a group of government colleges that offer diplomas, you can learn more about TAFE Sydney here: http://www.studyintafe.edu.au/study/tafe/university-pathways
http://www.studyintafe.edu.au/study/tafe/study-options/certificate-and-diploma-courses

Diploma in nursing cost about $19k for 1 year or $22k for 1.5years.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2017
IHate9ja1:
Hello house,
Please is their anyone who know someone/ by his or herself, paid the first semester tuition and self sponsored himself working par time in an Australian university?
Want to know if it's doable
https://www.nairaland.com/bellong
Am looking @ QUT https://www.nairaland.com/jewelstone
Yeah it's doable but you have to work really hard and smart and it may not be easy. It also depends on the city you're studying and the job opportunities available. Bigger cities obviously have more opportunities. Avoid unis like Macquarie, UNSW, Uni Sydney, RMIT etc cos their school fees na die.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peteredo: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2017
valoskey:
almost 15,000 AUD
mine was 12000aud per semester
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2017
Churkie:

Hi, I got an offer to study Msc. Petroleum Engineering at UNSW for Semester 2. I intend to pay the $6000 tuition and $1338.4 OSHC ($600/year for 2 yrs plus 2 months after studies) before month end.

I would be sponsored by my family. Although I'm also on the lookout for scholarships. Please feel free to help a brother if you have info on any available one.

Secondly, I need any info I can get on visa application ( though I intend to use PFL), fees and settling in Aussie. What is the school like,I hope Aussies are not racists.

Finally what do you think about my course of study.
@Churkie i cant say much on this cos am a novice like u. but i tink gurus in the house can assist with info.

I will really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kaylawesteros: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks WestAfrican this is the best goodnews ive heard so far. it means i can also attach my salary account, payslips, employment letter and also get a letter from my employer support my claims too abi?
WestAfrican:

It's case by case basis. If you can explain in a simple letter how you got the money as a fixed deposit I don't think it will matter if it's only been there for a few weeks. Again your other bank statement will help buttress your claim.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DonFAASHY: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
JewelStone:

Yeah it's doable but you have to work really hard and smart and it may not be easy. It also depends on the city you're studying and the job opportunities available. Bigger cities obviously have more opportunities. Avoid unis like Macquarie, UNSW, Uni Sydney, RMIT etc cos their school fees na die.

@ Jewelstone, is it advisable to cone in thorough Diploma of Nursing? Age :30yrs . Graduated in the year 2009. B. agric. Also I will appreciate other study options and schools that will be ok.

Thanks as I await your response. God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
DonFAASHY:
@ Jewelstone, is it advisable to cone in thorough Diploma of Nursing? Age :30yrs . Graduated in the year 2009. B. agric. Also I will appreciate other study options and schools that will be ok.
Thanks as I await your response. God bless
Yeah sure, as long as you can convince the Aussie High Commission on why you want to study Diploma of Nursing @30yrs despite having a B.Agric.

Please note that you can't get PR upon graduation with Diploma of Nursing, only with Bachelor of Nursing. However, you can further your studies to RN after your diploma. There are lot's of good schools, depends on your budget and preference. Just make very good use of your Google or let me know your preferred city and I might offer some advice.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello Good people of Nairaland,

I've just been given Visa to study at RMIT. I'm looking for where I can stay temporarily so as to properly plan on getting accommodation afer I arrive. Please help your brother.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guadete: 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
JewelStone:
TAFE is a group of government colleges that offer diplomas, you can learn more about TAFE Sydney here: http://www.studyintafe.edu.au/study/tafe/university-pathways
http://www.studyintafe.edu.au/study/tafe/study-options/certificate-and-diploma-courses

Diploma in nursing cost about $19k for 1 year or $22k for 1.5years.

dear
I wrote to the school some time last year they told me they dont accept international students from Africa at the moment. ....I just want a school that I can apply to study dipolma of nursing in Sydney CICROS approved but not tafe and change as soon as I get to aussie to mayb bachelor of nursing in any uni .....

my next question is apart from Tafe can I apply to any CIRCOS. approved institution... if u dont mind I would love to send u a PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DonFAASHY: 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
JewelStone:
Yeah sure, as long as you can convince the Aussie High Commission on why you want to study Diploma of Nursing @30yrs despite having a B.Agric.

Please note that you can't get PR upon graduation with Diploma of Nursing, only with Bachelor of Nursing. However, you can further your studies to RN after your diploma. There are lot's of good schools, depends on your budget and preference. Just make very good use of your Google or let me know your preferred city and I might offer some advice.

Thanks for your prompt response. I prefer Sydney or Canberra.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Churkie:

Hi, I got an offer to study Msc. Petroleum Engineering at UNSW for Semester 2. I intend to pay the $6000 tuition and $1338.4 OSHC ($600/year for 2 yrs plus 2 months after studies) before month end.

I would be sponsored by my family. Although I'm also on the lookout for scholarships. Please feel free to help a brother if you have info on any available one.

Secondly, I need any info I can get on visa application ( though I intend to use PFL), fees and settling in Aussie. What is the school like,I hope Aussies are not racists.

Finally what do you think about my course of study.

I will really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Please it 6K aud The required fees for a semester.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/jewelstone
Thanks for the reply, I just submitted my inquiry form today @ western sydney university to know if I am eligible to apply for the Graduate diploma program in health sciences with my HND. Do you have any info on wsu, I trust the tuition isn't hefty like the earlier universities you mentioned?
Lastly, can my mums elder broth sponsor me?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by crest2j(m): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
House help a broda out... Wen u r called for Biometrics... Wat is expected so d person will b prepared. After the biometrics Wat next
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
crest2j:
House help a broda out... Wen u r called for Biometrics... Wat is expected so d person will b prepared. After the biometrics Wat next

Just ur passport and ur print out form.. they will email it to you after applying for visa in less than 24 hours. ..
After biometric. . Just wait till ur visa comes out and pray. ..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cchuks27(m): 12:52am On Mar 03, 2017
Good day everyone,

I want to write my IELTS but the closest available opening will be on 29th April, 2017. I am looking towards July academic session. Can I still put through my study application ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 2:56am On Mar 03, 2017
if have a Masters degree in any health related course and want to do a PhD
MrChris001:

Please, provide details.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaychrsamemm: 5:02am On Mar 03, 2017
Hi, guys
Can anyone tell me the cheapest university to do Bachelor degree in nursing (graduate entry) and it is possible for me to be working while studying? And can i work to get 50% of the tuition fees? Cam I get PR after completion of the prog?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaychrsamemm: 5:07am On Mar 03, 2017
steamaje:
Any brilliant mind want to do a PhD in Health?Gender

We need Nigerians here. You could get a scholarship

PhD program in what specifically?? I don't if you have any info for Masters in health?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ellitexas: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2017
@JewelStone, Pls i need ur assistance in tweeking my cv to accelerate gettin a job. Am in Brisbane though and in serious need of a job asap. Dis is my whatsup number 08055617679 pls chat me up so i can send the cv to you for necessary assistance please.

JewelStone:

If you really want to do your homework well, you should have read my recent posts, the part you quoted has answers to most of your questions cos I stated how I got my jobs and accommodation. There's nothing like 'very cheap room' in Sydney, even if you want to live 50kms from Sydney CBD, it's still expensive! That's the reality. But if you check gumtree.com.au, there are pockets of areas that are slightly cheaper, depending on your campus, job and where you want live. Your friends can help with ur resume, but if you don't have friends here, I'm happy to help when you arrive. Don't worry it's safe, you won't fall into wrong hands if you have common sense.
I obviously can't give out my contact details to everyone, only select few who I think are serious minded!

@all
Anyone who quotes/PMs me to ask the same things I've already stated here or silly/irrelevant things, I'm simply going to ignore the person. I don't have that luxury of time and I'm not here to spoon feed adults. Plus life here is very fast paced, nobody has anybody's time as everyone is busy, you have to get used to independence real quick cheesy

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by crest2j(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2017
Ilias2:

Just ur passport and ur print out form.. they will email it to you after applying for visa in less than 24 hours. ..
After biometric. . Just wait till ur visa comes out and pray. ..

After the biometric. How many weeks does it take for the visa to come out. Plz work visa is how many years?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kazanx: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2017
Nice work. I want to do masters in computer science or cybersecurity but possess a bachelors in zoology and has work experience in ICT and would like to know which schools are good and quite cheap for that. I do have QC university and latrobe in mind.
Advice and opinoins are welcomed?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Any one coming to Sydney

Precisely western Sydney unsw,Macquarie University and others hit me up

I can be of great help to you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chopgarri(f): 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
WestAfrican:
Anyone can be you sponsor for AL1 applicants.
You need to show your relationship with your sponsor.
You need a sponsorship letter stating how this person has supported you in the past or why they are supporting you now.
Provide supporting documents of your school fees they have paid in the past.

Hi WestAfrican, I am an international student studying in Australia. I am in a TAFE and my visa is expiring soon. I would like to know with the new visa 500 if I can use my maternal uncle with a different surname to lodge a visa extension? I will be 6 months gone in my new course before I am due for extension (started my new course in November 2016 and my visa is expiring in June 2017) my COE and offer letter from my school has until January 2019 to finish my current course. please house I need your input cos time is running out and I don't know what to do. Thanks so much.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chopgarri(f): 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
Silent2013:

I am in Australia, but I have never done an extension. Call DIBP to find out. Sometimes immigration laws change, so the only way to be sure is to talk to them.
Silent2013, for an international student whose visa is about to expire, you need to do an extension if your course is still in session. I called DIBP and I was told I need to show proof funds but, my question is; if my relation with a different surname can be my sponsor? thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Johnsilva(m): 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello house, really appreciate the good work been done here by all on this thread may God bless everyone contributing in one way or the other. Please I need the assistance of the house, I am considering applying for M.Sc Petroleum Engineering in Australia, my CGPA is 3.0 from a Nigerian Uni where I obtained Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering , but on looking at the requirement at some of the Australian schools offering this course a min of 65% average is required. Please I need your advice as to which school to apply to that am sure of admission and with a not so high tuition, and possibility of getting a scholarship or work study. Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
chopgarri:

Hi WestAfrican, I am an international student studying in Australia. I am in a TAFE and my visa is expiring soon. I would like to know with the new visa 500 if I can use my maternal uncle with a different surname to lodge a visa extension? I will be 6 months gone in my new course before I am due for extension (started my new course in November 2016 and my visa is expiring in June 2017) my COE and offer letter from my school has until January 2019 to finish my current course. please house I need your input cos time is running out and I don't know what to do. Thanks so much.

Yes your uncle could sponsor you. Ask him to indicate his relationship with you in his letter of sponsorship.
Did the immigration inform you about writing an ielts? I know a few people who were asked to write one. If your previous ielts is still current you may be able to present it or if you did an elicos before your tafe it could be used too.

If I were you, I would include all documents upon my application I.e. offer letter, bank statement, medicals, insurance (for the whole duration of your course) then submit 1 to two weeks before my current visa expires and hope not to be asked for ielts.

NB) also submit your tafe transcript if you had completed one.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jeffery23: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good day great gurus in the house, am confused, i have a bsc in accounting 3.45cgpa in a Nigeria university, i want to know the skul/city I can apply to for msc still affordable/cheap atleast, cost wise and which also entails oppurtunities for work along schooling there, all my docs re set, it is jst for me to apply, using PFL, jst decided to come here because I know I can get true source here so can tell them where to work on.

thanks and God bless you all #onelove
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Titobabe: 12:16am On Mar 04, 2017
Hello cuteannie02, I mean I want to go through Msc route not pr pls, is it a good course to study and what about getting a job after msc please reply
cuteannie02:

I see, in that case you can't use Agric for pr except u get some experience during or after MSC,provided you want to study a related course.I will advise you should follow ur heart (preferred cos of study) keeping in mind Sol list, as well as if you would require work experience for positive assessment, Goodluck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaychrsamemm: 5:45am On Mar 04, 2017
kaychrsamemm:
Hi, guys
Can anyone tell me the cheapest university to do Bachelor degree in nursing (graduate entry) and it is possible for me to be working while studying? And can i work to get 50% of the tuition fees? Cam I get PR after completion of the prog?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chopgarri(f): 7:02am On Mar 04, 2017
WestAfrican:

Yes your uncle could sponsor you. Ask him to indicate his relationship with you in his letter of sponsorship.
Did the immigration inform you about writing an ielts? I know a few people who were asked to write one. If your previous ielts is still current you may be able to present it or if you did an elicos before your tafe it could be used too.

If I were you, I would include all documents upon my application I.e. offer letter, bank statement, medicals, insurance (for the whole duration of your course) then submit 1 to two weeks before my current visa expires and hope not to be asked for ielts.

NB) also submit your tafe transcript if you had completed one.
Yes I've done IELTS. And thanks for this info I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (511)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.