Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,582 members, 7,885,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:35 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1065125 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ask her to apply for Masters of Nursing Studies at ACU.

She will be able to Register as a Nurse once there in Australia and apply for PR. I think it's a good idea. Any1 can still add light.

sanmibukunmi:
Helo guys I am a follower of this thread and I have seen lots of testimonies and I know u guys gat info abt australia.....
So here is my question I got a sister dt just finished Nursing in a university in Benin and she says she would like to go abroad to work. I have been through dis thread I having tried to see if I qualify to work, I noticed Australia wants who ever wants to work there to have experience which mz sister does not have as she is even yet to serve... I have advised her to maybe try to go to australia through skul of Nursing.. Bt having gone through the thread, I have not seen anything pertaining to dt....
So I wana know if it is possible to enrol in a school of Nursing in australia and if processing it is same as processing for other study options such as msc and Bsc.... Thank you guys
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OluomoChampion(m): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
malkinburg:

[color=#550000][/color]

What am about to say might not go down well with you. am also an engineer with a first degree in chemical engineering and currently doing masters here in australia. what am about saying is out of love and not as a hater. IF I WERE U I WILL COME TO OZ VIA PR (PERMANENT RESIDENCE) no need to come and waste your money especially when u plan on not being an academic. it will be better to enter and come do a six months internship to have australian work experience before starting to look for work than to come here all in an effort to get post work study after spending thousands of dollars with no access to scholarships like our brothers and sisters in the united states. if u have plenty money or on scholarship its a different case entirely. as for me i never looked at the PR critically until i was over invested in the whole student visa parade. Dont get it wrong coming to do Masters here is noble but i am asking you to do your COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS. truth is after school and ur post work study big ass employers still want u to have PR before they employ u. i have been here three months and 10 days now. in this time i have started my PR waka thanks to all the info i got from the lengends on this forum Bosslady et al. i decided to be proactive and have gone to several recruiters like chandler macloed, Hays and spoken to several other recruitment advisors in this firms. my general strategy was to inform them about my circumstance and ask them for advice on how to integrate myself into the industry after my program. BROS i cant begin to speak the english that i heard. plenty advice "Reasonable and unreasonable" the bottom line was I NEEDED PR ASAP. i have met other nigerians who came here with PR and working professional jobs with only BSC. if i get hold of that PR today all this acada will turn distant learning at my convenience or part time. MORAL OF MY STORY.... PR without work experience is better than masters without paper... so just take your time and come via PR. but if u are not patient enough you can still come ooooh its still waaaaaaay better than being in naija with all this drama and all. just be prepared to work your ass off to foot your bills if you dont have enough support from home.

God bless.
@malkinburg, bros please am a newbie on this forum nd I really need ur help nd advise on how I can process my way to Australia. I have HND in compute science. your candid advice will be highly appreciated please.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
Helo guys I am a follower of this thread and I have seen lots of testimonies and I know u guys gat info abt australia.....
So here is my question I got a sister dt just finished Nursing in a university in Benin and she says she would like to go abroad to work. I have been through dis thread I having tried to see if I qualify to work, I noticed Australia wants who ever wants to work there to have experience which mz sister does not have as she is even yet to serve... I have advised her to maybe try to go to australia through skul of Nursing.. Bt having gone through the thread, I have not seen anything pertaining to dt....
So I wana know if it is possible to enrol in a school of Nursing in australia and if processing it is same as processing for other study options such as msc and Bsc.... Thank you guys

A nurse once posted it on this forum and that is the process generally. I have also modified the process. Kindly read and follow it accordingly.

Below is the guideline to work here as a Nurse.

To work here as a registered nurse you need to apply to AHPRA with your overseas trained application form.. the form link is below

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD11%2f5938&dbid=AP&chksum=Vu5B6IVSxjQ2tDhZpamU2Q%3d%3d

You need to sit for either IELTS academics (7,7,7,7) or the OET exam etc. before applying...now for nurses or health practitioners, OET is the easiest exam to write for medical practitioners. It is in fact the best, you write it once and you are sure of getting it right. Immigration department accepts it for PR purposes.

You need to write the exam before applying. Once you submit the result, they will ask the nurses board in the country where you are registered to verify that you are registered with them; the nurses board in Nigeria or wherever you registered will send the verification directly to AHPRA. When AHPRA gets it, they will send you an email with a list of universities where you can do a bridging course in Australia for 3-6 months or 1 year conversion course (which people like to do cos they can work whilst doing the conversion and pay their fees unlike the bridging course that they can't work. BUT THEN AHPRA WILL TELL HIM WHICH ONE TO GO FOR) UNIVERSITY TRAINED I THINK HE YOU BE ASKED TO DO THE 3 MONTHS COURSE. PEOPLE WHO DO THE 1 YEAR CONVERSION COURSE ARE THOSE WHO ARE HOSPITAL TRAINED REGISTERED NURSES WITH A DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE. SO AFTER THE CONVERSION THE SCHOOL GIVES THEM A BACHELOR'S CERTIFICATE AND CANCELS DIPLOMA(which is good cos then you have a bachelor degree not diploma). After the bridging course you will get your registration with AHPRA as a nurse.

General Process of Australia immigration:

1 Check the SOL/CSOL:
• 2 Calculate Points
• 3 Skills Assessment:
• 4 Proof of English Language ability:
• 5 Work Experience:
• 6 State Sponsorship:
• 7 Family Sponsorship:
• 8 Submitting an Expression of Interest:
• 9 Visa Types:
• 10 Lodging Application:
• 11 After Lodging:
• 13 The Waiting:
• 14 The Decision:

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 6:32am On Aug 05, 2015
2posh:
Please anyone with info on TAFEs and getting a student Visa for vocational courses should help out

Well, i don't know where to start in answering your questions.
From my little knowledge, no Tafe offers Hair dressing to international students and even if there is, getting a student visa will be another hurdle as you might not be able to statisfy GTE.
As for post study visa, you can only be eligible for graduate visa (graduate stream) if you study 2 years in Australia and your occupation is on the SOL not CSOL.
Maybe if you can elaborate on why you choose Hair dressing, i can be able to offer more advice on your questions. I am currently studying at Tafe here and will be graduating this December.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:50am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ayesa: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Good day house ,please for people who have done their skill assessment with VETASSESS before i want to pay with my master card as a civil engineeering technician anzsco code 312212,am i good to go? The 810$,is it in us dollars or Australian dollars? How many payslips do i need to provide as one of the evidence of paid employmen?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ashioba: 10:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello house, God bless you all for taking time to respond to our querries despite your tight schedules, really appreciate. Pls i need more clarity on Skilled Regional (provisional ) visa (subclass 489) 1. Can I apply for this visa from naija 2. Must I have a relative sponsorship from Oz or 3. An employment offer. Pls my people help me to explain this 489 visa, so that if possible I may use that route. Thanks for your kind response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello house .... I have submitted my visa application for subclass 572 since June 26 and up till now haven't been contacted by any C.O... School not under SVP sha...All my documents where completely attached and medical was also frontloaded too... any ideas wah might be going on fellow nairanaders Someone should help out with this post please oh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Ayesa:
Good day house ,please for people who have done their skill assessment with VETASSESS before i want to pay with my master card as a civil engineeering technician anzsco code 312212,am i good to go? The 810$,is it in us dollars or Australian dollars? How many payslips do i need to provide as one of the evidence of paid employmen?[color=#000099][/color]

It is AUS dollars and you can pay with your card. Of course, expect bank charges etc. You can provide 4 payslips per year.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2015
ashioba:
Hello house, God bless you all for taking time to respond to our querries despite your tight schedules, really appreciate. Pls i need more clarity on Skilled Regional (provisional ) visa (subclass 489) 1. Can I apply for this visa from naija 2. Must I have a relative sponsorship from Oz or 3. An employment offer. Pls my people help me to explain this 489 visa, so that if possible I may use that route. Thanks for your kind response.

You can apply from Nigeria. You don't need to have a family here in Australia before you apply provided that you are eligible. Visa 489 is a temporary Regional sponsored visa which will lead to PR after 2years.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pinkygrace(f): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2015
lawland:
Well, i don't know where to start in answering your questions.
From my little knowledge, no Tafe offers Hair dressing to international students and even if there is, getting a student visa will be another hurdle as you might not be able to statisfy GTE.
As for post study visa, you can only be eligible for graduate visa (graduate stream) if you study 2 years in Australia and your occupation is on the SOL not CSOL.
Maybe if you can elaborate on why you choose Hair dressing, i can be able to offer more advice on your questions. I am currently studying at Tafe here and will be graduating this December.
Please those that mean that after studying for two years and your course is not on SOL you don't have a short at post study
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pinkygrace(f): 11:52am On Aug 05, 2015
NNBB2012:

You can apply from Nigeria. You don't need to have a family here in Australia before you apply provided that you are eligible. Visa 489 is a temporary Regional sponsored visa which will lead to PR after 2years.
Hi NNBB2012 and others
Please help me see my case and advice me on the best route. I have the following:
1. Addmision into university of Wollongong MPH (1.5) years
2. Addmision into Tasmania for masters of pharmaceutical science (23months). Can I get post study with any of this after study.

A senior colleague advised me to apply for 190 straight. Here is my data
QualificationB.pharmacy (5yrs) =15points
Age 25-32= 30points
Experience= 0points ( less than 3 years, just internship and Nysc)
English score =10points
If I add the 5point from 190 visa my total is 60point.

What should I do?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Please those that mean that after studying for two years and your course is not on SOL you don't have a short at post study
Affirmative!!! Except you are going through the post study stream which is for people graduating with B.sc, M.sc, Phd...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Hi NNBB2012 and others
Please help me see my case and advice me on the best route. I have the following:
2. Addmision into Tasmania for masters of pharmaceutical science (23months). Can I get post study with any of this after study.

Age 25-32= 30points
English score =10points

What should I do?
Does ur assessing authority go without work experience? If u can get any state to sponsor u without any work experience.. no wahala.

You mean u have ur English test result? The manner pple claim 10 points here...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pinkygrace(f): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
lawland:
Affirmative!!! Except you are going through the post study stream which is for people graduating with B.sc, M.sc, Phd...
Am going for masters of pharmaceutical science(MpharmSc), so I qualify for the post study stream (visa subclass 485)I guess, from what I read
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jazmine92: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
hi guyz I didn't make the July intake and I am now looking into next year Feb can one launch the visa or I wait until December, and if I get to Australia b4 classes begin can I be allowed to work? thanks in advance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Am going for masters of pharmaceutical science(MpharmSc), so I qualify for the post study stream (visa subclass 485)I guess, from what I read
Yes dear, you are very much qualified as long as you study for 2 yrs.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
jazmine92:
hi guyz I didn't make the July intake and I am now looking into next year Feb can one launch the visa or I wait until December, and if I get to Australia b4 classes begin can I be allowed to work? thanks in advance
You can start the process now and no, you can't legally work until your course starts...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
hi lawland ferdi erick etc, iv started my admision process usin pfl sha the school im applyn to dsnt need ielts but what i wanna ask is since ive never done ielts n i have plans of applyn for PR after do u guys think i shd do the GT before travelling?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ashioba: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks so much NNBB2012 for your response, what about an employment contract, do I really need a job offer before I can apply for the 489 visa in SA. Kind regards.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
mPop:
hi lawland ferdi erick etc, iv started my admision process usin pfl sha the school im applyn to dsnt need ielts but what i wanna ask is since ive never done ielts n i have plans of applyn for PR after do u guys think i shd do the GT before travelling?
Nope...its life is 36months unless u believe u can use it for d PR processing in time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
mPop:
Well, it depends on when you plan to use it, if you not applying for PR within the next 24months, don't waste the money...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
ashioba:
Thanks so much NNBB2012 for your response, what about an employment contract, do I really need a job offer before I can apply for the 489 visa in SA. Kind regards.

Check the requirement for SA nomination. It is whatever the requirements are that must be followed. If the requirement say,"Job offer is required", it is.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kokobi99: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Did you check with your assessment body's requirements
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Hi NNBB2012 and others

Age 25-32= 30points
English score =10points

What should I do?
If you know you have the required points for 190, why not follow the steps and see if your application would fly. You must find your occupation on CSOL list. Unfortunately, the occupation is not on the SOL list hence you cannot apply for Independent visa but rather CSOL. It means you can only be nominated by state, regional area or family. Check any state nominating your occupation and know their requirements. Some of these requirements may not be easy to get from outside. As a matter of fact, this is supposed to guide you as per the choice of your University. And also check with your assessing body to know their requirements. You may require licence or registration before you can be assessed-http://pharmacycouncil.org.au/content/assets/files/Examination%20Guides/Flowchart%20-%202012.02.08.pdf .
It is not straightforward. My view, you should consider to do your Master where you may have extra points that would enhance your PR chances later.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by happyphemmy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello everyone, can someone pls help me out on this usa visa green card.. I've been trying to get it done but everytime says I should pay to process it. Pls I don't want to be fraud n let down, If possible the correct website link will appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
happyphemmy:
Hello everyone, can someone pls help me out on this usa visa green card.. I've been trying to get it done but everytime says I should pay to process it. Pls I don't want to be fraud n let down, If possible the correct website link will appreciated. Thanks.
I guess you are on a wrong forum. Kindly check USA forum.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
ok.ferdi n lawland, so can i do it over there in australia towards pr application
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
mPop:
ok.ferdi n lawland, so can i do it over there in australia towards pr application
U can do it from any where...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello house .... I have submitted my visa application for subclass 572 since June 26 and up till now haven't been contacted by any C.O... School not under SVP sha...All my documents where completely attached and medical was also frontloaded too... any ideas wah might be going on fellow nairanaders... Someone should help out with this post please oh
Mr Ferdi and anybody with better info should help me out please Oh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
Bryanpro:
Hello house .... I have submitted my visa application for subclass 572 since June 26 and up till now haven't been contacted by any C.O... School not under SVP sha...All my documents where completely attached and medical was also frontloaded too... any ideas wah might be going on fellow nairanaders... Someone should help out with this post please oh
Mr Ferdi and anybody with better info should help me out please Oh
no clue...y dat route...u no c any SVP?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.