Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,628 members, 7,968,836 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:35 PM

Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says (1162 Views)

Statue Erected In Honour Of Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) / Tinubu To Kashamu: We Are Not In The Same Class; Go, Face Your Charges In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said that it would not vacate the residence of Senator-elect, Buruji Kashamu despite a court order to that effect.

The NDLEA had placed Kashamu on house arrest on Saturday, May 23, 2015 after attempts to apprehend him failed.

However, a Federal High Court in Lagos, on Tuesday, May 26, ordered the drug agency to leave Kashamu’s house.

In response, the agency stated that the court order would not stop it from performing its statutory duties “in a lawful manner”.

The NDLEA also said via a statement released by spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju that the court order is “diversionary and inconsequential”.

The statement reads:

“The NDLEA does not believe that any court will issue an order preventing a government agency from performing its statutory responsibilities in a lawful manner.”

“The agency has therefore refused to be distracted and will continue to maintain presence at the residence. It is advisable that Kashamu respects the law by submitting himself to the due process of the law.”

“The NDLEA wishes to reiterate that his rights like that of other citizens shall be respected and the due process of law followed in this case.

The NDLEA spokesperson also said that the agency had received a formal request for Kashamu’s extradition from the United States Government.

The agency seeks to extradite Kashamu for drug charges levelled against him in Chicago in 1998.

The Senator-elect has however denied the charges against him citing a case of mistaken identitiy.

http://pulse.ng/local/buruji-kashamu-we-won-t-vacate-his-residence-ndlea-says-id3798099.html

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by wachakuta(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
And d drama continues...
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by solarview(m): 6:31pm On May 26, 2015
#the poster above me is a Movie Director grin

...They should open a branch office there na... hope they won't break the law.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by Namzy(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2015
What exactly is going on?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by redsun(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2015
Where did the order or warrant to arrest him come from? Is it from America to ndlea or from the Nigerian rogue justice that should follow the extradition preceding,if any with america by issuing a warrant for his arrest or refuse if they deem so?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by tucky200(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
This is serious...how person wey get case for court go be senator
Drug for that matter

This country's system needs to change

2 Likes

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
NDLEA please do the needful sharp sharp...Abeg remove d roof and enter if e no gree open door. Tie him and put him in a carton to be shipped at no cost to US. I no too understand all dis Tom and Jerry game...
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by dustmalik(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
in as much as I want this man to face the full strength of the law, I believe the NDLEA should have followed due process, by getting an arrest warrant before besieging his home.

2 Likes

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2015
dustmalik:
in as much as I want this man to face the full strength of the law, I believe the NDLEA should have followed due process, by getting an arrest warrant before besieging his home.

Agree but at the same time, if this man has no skeleton in his cupboard, let him surrender himself to be tried. He is claiming a case of mistaken identity, then why is he refusing to clear his name...NDLEA if possible, abeg just open new branch for that gate...more job opportunities for residence in that area...
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 26, 2015
buruji be a man ,face what you av started and end it well . Obama will assist you.Dont worry
I guess obj will help u too only if u beg for forgiveness.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 26, 2015
Isn't this impunity of the highest order for a Government Agency to continually and flagrantly disregard a court order?

What is this country really turning into?

Can't NDLEA be charged for contempt?

While I am no supported of Kashamu I believe his extradition should be done within the ambits of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2015
DrWise:
Isn't this impunity of the highest order for a Government Agency to continually and flagrantly disregard a court order?

What is this country really turning into?

Can't NDLEA be charged for contempt?

While I am no supported of Kashamu I believe his extradition should be done within the ambits of the law.

Go school, u no gree go...see the result.. grin.

1 Like

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by emmasege: 7:28pm On May 26, 2015
I don't support buruji either but why is it difficult for NDLEA to secure a warrant of arrest? I believe they could still arrest the man lawfully without this unnecessary media hype. They've probably delayed invading his house & dragging him out because he's a privileged Nigerian.
This is how fundamental human rights of ordinary Nigerians are trampled upon. An ordinary Nigerian would've since been arrested without a warrant of arrest & his residence vandalized.
NDLEA, stop harassing your fellow citizens in their own fatherland. Do the needful by getting an arrest warrant afterwhich you can even forcefully arrest him if he fails to surrender himself. Until that's done, the whole exercise appears like a political witchhunt.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2015
emmasege:
I don't support buruji either but why is it difficult for NDLEA to secure a warrant of arrest? I believe they could still arrest the man lawfully without this unnecessary media hype. They've probably delayed invading his house & dragging him out because he's a privileged Nigerian.
This is how fundamental human rights of ordinary Nigerians are trampled upon. An ordinary Nigerian would've since been arrested without a warrant of arrest & his residence vandalized.
NDLEA, stop harassing your fellow citizens in their own fatherland. Do the needful by getting an arrest warrant afterwhich you can even forcefully arrest him if he fails to surrender himself. Until that's done, the whole exercise appears like a political witchhunt.

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by Agwoden(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2015
Can you imagine an agency of government that was created by law of the country refusing to obey the ruling of a court of competent jurisdiction simple because of a mere instruction from America? Slave mentality. smh.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 5:50am On May 27, 2015
princeofpeace22:
buruji be a man ,face what you av started and end it well .
Obama will assist you.Dont worry

I guess obj will help u too only if u beg for forgiveness.

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by PRINCEOFPACE(m): 6:09am On May 27, 2015
lolaxavier:
NDLEA please do the needful sharp sharp...Abeg remove d roof and enter if e no gree open door. Tie him and put him in a carton to be shipped at no cost to US. I no too understand all dis Tom and Jerry game...

Hmm... As a Nigerian, ow dere u talk lik dat? Don't we have law anymore? If u support d Ndlea to ship him Abroad, den u didn't deserve to be a nigerian. Wen on Earth av u heard dat dey went to America to ship der Citizen donw to nigeria for d Offense being make by dem? Or haven't dey commited any Crime in our Own Country? Let's learn How to be Our Brothers keepers Nt to b sentimentally!

1 Like

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by PRINCEOFPACE(m): 6:22am On May 27, 2015
lolaxavier:
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said that it would not vacate the residence of Senator-elect, Buruji Kashamu despite a court order to that effect.

The NDLEA had placed Kashamu on house arrest on Saturday, May 23, 2015 after attempts to apprehend him failed.

However, a Federal High Court in Lagos, on Tuesday, May 26, ordered the drug agency to leave Kashamu’s house.

In response, the agency stated that the court order would not stop it from performing its statutory duties “in a lawful manner”.

The NDLEA also said via a statement released by spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju that the court order is “diversionary and inconsequential”.

Me Prince Adex is Ready to go for kashamu Buruji's jail, if found guilty, and if its lawfully for m to do so, nt because of anything, buh am seeing a fowls play in dis Propaganda against Him, wen a govt Agency didn't obey d law of d Court order, den ow On Earth do u Expect a mere man to Obey U d so cald Ndlea? Kashamu I can go for ur Jail to put dem in shame. what I notice is dat dey didn't want u to be sworn in for as d Senator! Its a Game!!!! Call On me, Am loyally Ready for U! May God be with U and Put all ur Enemies to Shame.
The statement reads:

“The NDLEA does not believe that any court will issue an order preventing a government agency from performing its statutory responsibilities in a lawful manner.”

“The agency has therefore refused to be distracted and will continue to maintain presence at the residence. It is advisable that Kashamu respects the law by submitting himself to the due process of the law.”

“The NDLEA wishes to reiterate that his rights like that of other citizens shall be respected and the due process of law followed in this case.

The NDLEA spokesperson also said that the agency had received a formal request for Kashamu’s extradition from the United States Government.

The agency seeks to extradite Kashamu for drug charges levelled against him in Chicago in 1998.

The Senator-elect has however denied the charges against him citing a case of mistaken identitiy.

http://pulse.ng/local/buruji-kashamu-we-won-t-vacate-his-residence-ndlea-says-id3798099.html
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by Nobody: 7:55am On May 27, 2015
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 'We Won't Vacate His Residence,' NDLEA Says by lolaxavier(m): 8:11am On May 27, 2015
PRINCEOFPACE:

Hmm... As a Nigerian, ow dere u talk lik dat? Don't we have law anymore? If u support d Ndlea to ship him Abroad, den u didn't deserve to be a nigerian. Wen on Earth av u heard dat dey went to America to ship der Citizen donw to nigeria for d Offense being make by dem? Or haven't dey commited any Crime in our Own Country? Let's learn How to be Our Brothers keepers Nt to b sentimentally!

It clearly shows how shallow your knowledge on this matter is and frankly speaking, I will not share your sentiments neither will I have your kind of mentality. Don't stylishly breed corruption. If a man is wanted for a crime, let him face it squarely. It doesn't matter whether it happened in the moon or in the US. How dare you say brother's keeper? To a thief? Are you seriously serious? SMH...and you will classify yourself as youth of tomorrow...What a shame!

(1) (Reply)

John Fashanu Arrested For Illegal Arms. / Brutalizing The Poor In Osun State / Dino Melaye Denies 'no vex na God O' Hype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.