Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,064 members, 7,973,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:10 PM

Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity (20301 Views)

My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
when we go for our physical check up every six months or annually - a de same "touchy-touchy" we getting from our doctor.  so what's wrong if the ladies had a one time check-up.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ha! At least it was once alive! Don't think I ever had any for you! Grin

Actually I can quote the MANY times you said that you do but if you like, try to save face wink

Comparing women to cars merely shows how you were raised and the pig in you. It's that simple.

BTW no one is criticizing these women then again I wouldnt expect a chauvinist to see that. It's the idea around it that is being ridiculed, not the girls.

Sexual harrassment is a big thing in Nigeria, it's hidden under rugs, how can such still be virgins when they are molested and allowed to go free. In the North, there;s an epidemic of literally BABIES being sexually molested, what do they get?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2009
ou guys really need to get off this 'they are bitter because they are not virgins or did not get virgins' line. It's so old and played. That can only work with someone who thinks the ultimate part of a woman is the sliver of flesh between her legs. Of course virginity is preferable, no one here has said otherwise, but when you think the only way to reward that is through a 'pageant', then you are entering the realms of the utterly ridiculous.

I can understand giving 4 year olds a treat for brushing their teeth, but an award for virginity? That is both insulting and denigrating to women as a whole, and is nothing but encouraging people to continue to have an unhealthy, IMBALANCED view of what sexual behaviour is appropriate or not.

No one has said the 'virgins' are engaging in anal sex, since we didn't have the opportunity to stick fingers where the sun don't shine. Cheesy What you miss out is the underlying principle. If the aim is to PROMOTE sexual uprightness/abstinence till marriage, then why focus ONLY on hymen condition alone when it cannot give you the full picture?

Debo it shall be well with you. Say Amen grin

Dude is embarrassing, cant believe he's near his 40s. Then again this is a twisted chap that favors FGM so I shouldnt really expect much. Elede.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
reading through this thread I came to realize that some ppl "just don't get it!" Some of the individual posts amazed me, especially this one above me.

I took a much needed break and just happened upon the results of a word contest sponsored by the Washington Post. Simple rules: take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.

Here are just a few that reminded me of that one:

Might any of these 'new' words describe you?

1. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.

2. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

3. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the Person who doesn’t get it.

4. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when
they come at you rapidly.

I posted these just to offer a bit of comic relief, but hey ,  .you never know

The full list of 'new' words can be found here: http://talkni./2008/12/18/washington-post-,  /
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ topic ''NO COMMENTS'' SRY. grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2009
Epi, why are you always so afraid to call KarmaMod's name? Does she bite?

Ps. Is epi the same as canyon?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2009
In quantum physics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle states that the values of certain pairs of conjugate variables (position and momentum, for instance) cannot both be known with arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is known, the less precisely the other can be known. This is not a statement about the limitations of a researcher's ability to measure particular quantities of a system, but rather about the nature of the system itself.

In quantum mechanics, the particle is described by a wave. The position is where the wave is concentrated and the momentum, a measure of the velocity, is the wavelength. The position is uncertain to the degree that the wave is spread out, and the momentum is uncertain to the degree that the wavelength is ill-defined.

The only kind of wave with a definite position is concentrated at one point, and such a wave has an indefinite wavelength. Conversely, the only kind of wave with a definite wavelength is an infinite regular periodic oscillation over all space, which has no definite position. So in quantum mechanics, there are no states which describe a particle with both a definite position and a definite momentum. The narrower the probability distribution is for the position, the wider it is in momentum.

The uncertainty principle in standard quantum mechanics is caused by collapse of the wavefunction. When the position of a particle is measured, the particle's wavefunction collapses and the momentum does not have a definite value. The particle's momentum is left uncertain by an amount inversely proportional to the accuracy of the position measurement. The amount of left-over uncertainty can never be reduced below the limit set by the uncertainty principle, no matter what the measurement process.

This means that the uncertainty principle is related to the observer effect, with which it is often conflated. The uncertainty principle sets a lower limit to how small the momentum disturbance in an accurate position experiment can be, and vice versa for momentum experiments.

A mathematical statement of the principle is that every quantum state has the property that the root-mean-square (RMS) deviation of the position from its mean (the standard deviation of the X-distribution):
D grin grin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle ;

spikedcylinder:

Epi, why are you always so afraid to call KarmaMod's name? Does she bite?

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2009
Richy
Ha! I laugh at the comical but unfeigned arrogance in this statement! Just because you share a "scorched earth" view on morality does not make you wise!

Ogini?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2009

Yea. Hence the incomprehensible garbage.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2009
KarmaMod:

Yea. Hence the incomprehensible garbage.
I don't want to spoil a good thread, so meet me in the off-topic section you broad mouth, periwinkle face piece of S***.  Here I found your half snap on the internet.

see over at off-topic

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
What really baffles to me is the penchant for certain people to ascribe uncomplimentary words to those of differing views. But when those people return their veiled insults, openly, they then start their claims about insults.

if you dont want to be insulted, dont use uncomplimentary words to describe others simply for not sharing your views - its the most primitive and daft thing to do!

So if a man/women believes that there is a promotion of virtue in recognising those who are keep their virginities, the next thing for opponents of that view is to use words that are insults in disguise? It only reveals that there is bitterness in them if the only way they can make their points is to insult others.

Insult will always beget insult, one way or the other.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
as opposed to the nasty words you've used against michelin and her mother?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2009
There is no comparison to students - students are rewarded for ACHIEVEMENT, not a physical state, and are ENCOURAGED to work harder and can receive subsequent awards through their efforts.

@debosky, I need to mention that it is an achievement for a girl to be a virgin as an adult. You can ask any of the ones who lost theirs early on to sexual intercourse how much effort it would have taken for any of them to preserve their virginities
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2009
KarmaMod:

as opposed to the nasty words you've used against michelin and her mother?

If she had not insulted me, I would never have had any need to refer to her mother whom I know.

I always react when someone insults me. . .in kind and kinder measures
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by merge(f): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2009
Too many Ignorant Folks on this thread or those who can't face THE TRUTH

Why you so offended? Touchy Topic?

Grow Up and GET over it.

Common Sense will tell you: Being a virgin is BETTER. Where does it say VIRGINS ARE Angel?  The message I get is being a VIRGIN is better. How hard is it to understand that? Not that hard right?

Sallow the TRUTH up and MOVE ON
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2009
JustGood:

If she had not insulted me, I would never have had any need to refer to her mother whom I know.

I always react when someone insults me. . .in kind and kinder measures

when she insults you, you insult her. Not her family so yea your tactic is worse than the rest of us on this board.

Pele wink
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2009
merge:

Grow Up and GET over it.

Common Sense will tell you: Being a virgin is BETTER. Where does it say VIRGINS ARE Angel?  The message I get is being a VIRGIN is better. How hard is it to understand that? Not that hard right?

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2009
KarmaMod:

when she insults you, you insult her. Not her family so yea your tactic is worse than the rest of us on this board.

Pele wink

I cant be insulting her. I knew when she was born although I was not never able to meet her since her mother was not around any longer.

Anyway, just come inside and let me be sure that all these virginity talk has not tampered with your hymen. I need to see blood as i climb you tonight
cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by AloyEmeka9: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
In quantum physics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle states that the values of certain pairs of conjugate variables (position and momentum, for instance) cannot both be known with arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is known, the less precisely the other can be known. This is not a statement about the limitations of a researcher's ability to measure particular quantities of a system, but rather about the nature of the system itself.

In quantum mechanics, the particle is described by a wave. The position is where the wave is concentrated and the momentum, a measure of the velocity, is the wavelength. The position is uncertain to the degree that the wave is spread out, and the momentum is uncertain to the degree that the wavelength is ill-defined.

The only kind of wave with a definite position is concentrated at one point, and such a wave has an indefinite wavelength. Conversely, the only kind of wave with a definite wavelength is an infinite regular periodic oscillation over all space, which has no definite position. So in quantum mechanics, there are no states which describe a particle with both a definite position and a definite momentum. The narrower the probability distribution is for the position, the wider it is in momentum.

The uncertainty principle in standard quantum mechanics is caused by collapse of the wavefunction. When the position of a particle is measured, the particle's wavefunction collapses and the momentum does not have a definite value. The particle's momentum is left uncertain by an amount inversely proportional to the accuracy of the position measurement. The amount of left-over uncertainty can never be reduced below the limit set by the uncertainty principle, no matter what the measurement process.

This means that the uncertainty principle is related to the observer effect, with which it is often conflated. The uncertainty principle sets a lower limit to how small the momentum disturbance in an accurate position experiment can be, and vice versa for momentum experiments.

A mathematical statement of the principle is that every quantum state has the property that the root-mean-square (RMS) deviation of the position from its mean (the standard deviation of the X-distribution):
D Grin Grin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle ;
Lol, good one. grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by AloyEmeka9: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
Anyway, just come inside and let me be sure that all these virginity talk has not tampered with your hymen. I need to see blood as i climb you tonight
Abeg, make una leave onu ukpaka [/b]alone now. 

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't want to spoil a good thread, so meet me in the off-topic section  you [b]broad mouth, perrywinkle face
piece of S***.  Here I found your half snap on the internet.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by AloyEmeka9: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2009

Grow Up and GET over it.

Common Sense will tell you: Being a virgin is BETTER. Where does it say VIRGINS ARE Angel? The message I get is being a VIRGIN is better. How hard is it to understand that? Not that hard right?

I am offended by the topic because the practice violates the fundamental human rights of these little girls. I am not against abstinence from sex but if you must encourage it, organize a workshop and teach young boys and girls on how to keep it up. Holding a virginity contest will not solve the problem of sexual promiscuity.

Since the inception of the American idol, has it increased the number of good singers in America?. The answer to this question should be a good proof to the effect of the virginity contest.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by duduspace(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2009
Rubbish and nonsense on this forum, imagine someone describing Bimbo Akintola as an epitome of Feminine african beauty, that almost made me puke. Thank God the person who made that statement is female cos it really showed that men come from pluto and women from saturn.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by AloyEmeka9: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2009
Rubbish and nonsense on this forum, imagine someone describing Bimbo Akintola as an epitome of Feminine african beauty, that almost made me puke. Thank God the person who made that statement is a female cos it really showed that men come from pluto and women from saturn.
I think she meant the epitome of African dwarfs. grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2009
Im sure Cayon is proud to have an agbaya as a fan. Awon oponu meji
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by RichyBlacK(m): 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2009
debosky:
Richy what are you going on about?

You guys really need to get off this 'they are bitter because they are not virgins or did not get virgins' line. It's so old and played. That can only work with someone who thinks the ultimate part of a woman is the sliver of flesh between her legs. Of course virginity is preferable, no one here has said otherwise, but when you think [size=14pt]the only way[/size] to reward that is through a 'pageant', then you are entering the realms of the utterly ridiculous.

I can understand giving 4 year olds a treat for brushing their teeth, but an award for virginity? That is both insulting and denigrating to women as a whole, and is nothing but encouraging people to continue to have an unhealthy, IMBALANCED view of what sexual behaviour is appropriate or not.

No one has said the 'virgins' are engaging in anal sex, since we didn't have the opportunity to stick fingers where the sun don't shine.  Cheesy What you miss out is the underlying principle. If the aim is to PROMOTE sexual uprightness/abstinence till marriage, then why focus [size=14pt]ONLY on[/size] hymen condition alone when it cannot give you the full picture?

Promote self esteem and proper decision making. Don't award people for a physical state that could change a few hours later. Don't define someone by the status of their hymen. Beauty pageants are even permissible to some extent as there is an attempt to merge beauty with intellect and other abilities.

Why are you going on about rights when no one said that virgins/virginity should be outlawed? Are you sure you are responding to this thread or some warped conception that the 'virgins' are being condemned?

This is another symptom of the undue emphasis on vaginal state placed by misguided people.

As you clearly mentioned, this is the 21st century, 'senseless' condemnations as you call them, are allowed as long as they do not involve doing harm to the other party. The 'virgin' queen is celebrating her award as we speak, I hope she didn't ride on a horse though, cos that might ruin the precious hymen and lead to her imminent dethronement at the next 'examination'.  Cheesy

With all the shouts about virginity in Nigeria, we have more AIDS, STDs and illegal abortions than other nations not placing the same emphasis. Confused people that don't know what their problem is.

debosky,

Why do you use the word "only" so liberally in suggesting the motivation of this program? Are you trying to say that the organizers placed undue emphasis on virginity?

From the article: The event was organised by Nigerian Virgin Girls, a subsidiary of Just For You Media.

Nigerian Virgin Girls organized the event! What do you want them to focus on?

To achieve the goals of a society, different groups work on different aspects of the set of objectives. The schools, the religious centers, the media, the security apparatuses, the health centers/hospitals, etc., all have different strategies and they may overlap sometimes. So, let's say reducing HIV/AIDS prevalence as an objective of the Nigerian society. The hospitals will focus on safe sexual practices, regular testing, etc. The religious centers will focus on "sin", "body as temple of God", abstinence, etc. The schools will focus on sex education, information on transmission, etc. (Note that the hospitals and schools may share some focus points, e.g. information on transmission, etc.). The "entertainment centers" will focus on regular use of condoms, regular tests, etc. And groups like "Nigerian Virgin Girls" will focus on virginity! What do you expect?

You can't isolate one group's effort in achieving an objective as parochial, myopic or short-sighted when the group is only operating within its niche, within its sphere of influence! Have you criticized the Catholic Church for focusing almost exclusively on abstinence at the detriment of safe sex? Have you criticized the pentecostal churches on putting so much emphasis on "do not commit sin" instead of sex education? How about the many brothels and prostitutes in Lagos that focus on regular check ups/tests and consistent use of condoms instead of reducing "fornication" (which the church will love) or reducing number of partners (which the health centers will love)? Such criticisms are unnecessary because each component of the society will move forward with its agenda based on the ideology they subscribe to! As long as they are all working towards the same goal, or better, that none of the components are working against the objective, or even better and more realistic, that the number of components (if any) working against the society's objective is at a minimum, the society has a good chance of achieving its goal.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by RichyBlacK(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2009
merge:

Grow Up and GET over it.

Leave dem make dem dey vex for girls way do wetin dem papa and mama say make dem do!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Leave dem make dem dey vex for girls way do wetin dem papa and mama say make dem do!

abi o. he he he
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure that most of those criticising this would not be doing same if this thing was done in America.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by RichyBlacK(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2009
KarmaMod:
Debo it shall be well with you. Say Amen  Grin

Dude is embarrassing, cant believe he's near his 40s. Then again this is a twisted chap that favors FGM so I shouldnt really expect much. Elede.

@KarmaMod,

You are a typical zuwo! Pig face!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by AloyEmeka9: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
@KarmaMod,

You are a typical zuwo! Pig face!
Omo, na woman you dey call pig face shuo?. You no wan make man chase her again?. At least she no get tribal marks. Take it easy ooo, na virgin contest we dey argue no be wowo face. cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by KarmaMod(f): 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
hehehehehe.  grin My sympathy to the victim that will be shackled to you this year.

Na only "pig face", why not "poo poo head". Juvenile retard. Nearly 40 with no common sense or decency. Iya e ni "pig face"  grin grin

Keep trying to save face on NL sho gbo  wink grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by RichyBlacK(m): 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2009
JustGood:

I'm sure that most of those criticising this would not be doing same if this thing was done in America.

Don't mind them. I'm just tired of the level of scorn always directed at virgins by these lost ladies who believe they've been liberated by senseless Western hypocrisy!

They carry their heads to church every Sunday, listen to all the preacher says, clap their hands, shout "Hallelujah", go home, do everything the preacher tells them not to do, and turn around to criticize every soul around them.

The problem is that they've set morality to an "ambient" level. If anybody goes above that standard of morality, e.g. virgins, they demonize the virgin with words like "who dash am", "na virgin we go chop", "wowo girl", "no wonder you be virgin", "which man go sleep with that one?", "Mgbeke!", "no mind am, na house girl", etc. However, if they meet those below their ambient level of morality, e.g., lesbians/gay men, transvestites/shemales, all the good words of the preacher flood their heads and they switch to "haba, which kind life be that?", "na God go help them", "this is the work of the Devil!", "what is this world coming to?", "so people live like that?".

These people are a sorry lot! They all want their daughters to be virgins (above their self-determined ambient level of morality), not lesbians (below that level), but criticize virgins, only because they have fallen short of that standard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Picture Of A Father Carrying His Child On His Back / Opinion: Any Married Woman Who Pays Her Own Bills Is Single. / Oga Sir!!! Even If She Offends You, Eat Her Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.