Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,429 members, 7,978,360 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:54 AM

Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan (525 Views)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35am On May 28, 2015
The staff and management of Daar communications, owners of African Independent Television (AIT) on Wednesday, May 27th 2015, organized what they called Grand Home Reception of President GEJ. The program which was aired live on AIT, had in attendance, Pres. GEJ, Vice Sambo, Ondo State Gov, members of the NASS, ministers, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, his wife, son, AIT family, and other invited guests.
Turn after turn, top govt functionaries took the stage to address the gathering on the person and personality of Jonathan. The house was however, made livelier when Prof Jerry Gana took turn to speak. In his usual outspokenness, he said many people have said the PDP did not achieve anything in 16years of being at the center. He asked what has now formed a twitter hash tag #WhereWereThey. According to him,
1. Where were they when the the PDP installed democracy?
2. Where were they when the PDP brought telecoms to Nigeria?
3. Where were they when the PDP revived Agriculture?
4. Where were they when the PDP built our roads, railway, etc. The list was endless...!
After a gift was presented to Mr Jonathan by the AIT family, he used the opportunity to address them. He said that when the late Ya'adua was sick and in the hospital, African leaders had a meeting. The leaders wanted him to preside over their affairs, even as a vice President. He had to wait until he got Ya'adua's approval before he did so. He further stated that most African leaders ran to him to help with the crisis plaguing them.
Therefore, after the much predictions of a bloody Nigeria in 2015 by sons of doom, he saw the need to prove these so called prophets wrong. In his words, "How would it have looked like if Nigeria started running to these same African leaders to help avert our electoral crisis when few months or years back, they were the people who ran to us for help?" "This was the reason I did what I did...". The president and his entourage left after his address.
Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by modath(f): 7:35am On May 28, 2015
16hrs to go......
Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by Tunnamania(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2015
The show was very interesting
Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by Nobody: 7:56am On May 28, 2015
Haters can go to Malaysia with drugs, GEJ remains the best of them all. From 1960 to 2019.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by Nobody: 8:10am On May 28, 2015
GEJ till I make the Forbes list..
Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by truefact: 8:11am On May 28, 2015
Clueless is clueless. ..why are you more nigerian than the real Nigerians? If any person should want to safe nigeria, it should be the real Nigerians, not a clueless spoil of war. ..
Re: Another Reason Why I Conceded Defeat...Jonathan by carnegiefan: 8:17am On May 28, 2015
"How would it have looked like if Nigeria started running to these same African leaders to help avert our electoral crisis when few months or years back, they were the people who ran to us for help?"

With all due respect, sir, I don't think this is a relevant point.
If a snake entered your house, you do not leave it there simply because your neighbors -who knew you as a powerful snake charmer- will laugh at you if you seek their help to kill the dangerous serpent. On the contrary their respect for you will skyrocket! Since you chose to play to the gallery, that snake will continue to grow, inside your house, until one day kill all members of your family. Responsible leaders never sweep problems under the carpet!
It is called "dereliction of duty".
Nigeria needed you to stand strong and to confront the demon that makes it a hellish country, instead you laid flat and got forked.
May your type never lead us again. Ise.
Ka omesia o.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Update On The Otuoke Trekkers?? / Why Seeking Attention Is Very Crucial. / GEJ - And The Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.