Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,442 members, 7,881,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:47 AM

Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President (918 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Dr. Adesina Sworn-In As Afdb President In Abidjan (photos) / Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by seunmsg(m): 6:03pm On May 28, 2015
Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala just reported through her twitter handle that Akinwunmi Adesina, Nigeria's minister of Agriculture has been elected as president of African development bank AfDB.

Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 28, 2015
When even APC attest to your credibility despite the fact that you are in an Opposing party, then you are truly credible.

This is not to say APC is a credible party btw.

Congrats Adesina, make the country proud.
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by jlinkd78(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2015
Daniyemi:
Really great news. Pls let me know when it makes FP
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Fairgodwin(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2015
For real?
That's some pretty good news. But I still believe he would have been more 'useful' to the new government than the AfDB.
#my take though.
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by eazisky(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2015
Embezzlement continues
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by jiorhemen(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2015
That's nice if this is true
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by ayokellany: 6:15pm On May 28, 2015
Daniyemi:
When even APC attest to your credibility despite the fact that you are in an Opposing party, then you are truly credible.

If the APC of Atiku had not accepted Buhari advice to support the agric minister by selling his presidency to the likes of Jacob Zuma retards saTANist like you would still complain. What must be done to cure the madness that is plaguing you TANoids across Nigeria ? This is a good news to Nigeria for good sake.

GMB my hero !
Okorocha Fashola get ready !!
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by bettercreature(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2015
Hard work pays,learn to be hard working Dont waste your life online As I wasted today online,God save me don't let me waste my life away people are moving from one post to another every day
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by seunmsg(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2015
eazisky:
Embezzlement continues

Embezzlement in what sense?
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by kahal29: 6:20pm On May 28, 2015
Turaki lobby paid off

Outgoing Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for Nigeria, Akinwumi A. Adesina, has won the race race for the presidency of African Development Bank (AfDB) following election by the AfDB governors on Thursday.

Eight candidates, including Nigeria's agriculture minister, Akinwumi Adesina, Cape Verde's finance minister, Cristina Duarte, and a former Tunisian finance minister, Jaloul Ayed, vied to take over from Rwandan Donald Kaberuka in what was believed to be a tight race.

President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, had requested the Economic Community of West African States to support the candidacy of Akinwunmi Adesina, as the next president of the African Development Bank (ADB) as he also sent former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to South Africa to lobby for the Adesina's candidacy.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/05/outgoing-minister-of-agriculture.html?m=0

Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by seunmsg(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2015
kahal29:
Turaki lobby paid off

Outgoing Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for Nigeria, Akinwumi A. Adesina, has won the race race for the presidency of African Development Bank (AfDB) following election by the AfDB governors on Thursday.

Eight candidates, including Nigeria's agriculture minister, Akinwumi Adesina, Cape Verde's finance minister, Cristina Duarte, and a former Tunisian finance minister, Jaloul Ayed, vied to take over from Rwandan Donald Kaberuka in what was believed to be a tight race.

President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, had requested the Economic Community of West African States to support the candidacy of Akinwunmi Adesina, as the next president of the African Development Bank (ADB) as he also sent former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to South Africa to lobby for the Adesina's candidacy.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/05/outgoing-minister-of-agriculture.html?m=0

Kudos should be to both GEJ and GMB. They both supported him massively.
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Segadem(m): 6:29pm On May 28, 2015
Daniyemi:

you started well but u end it badly with ur last sentence
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by theV0ice: 6:30pm On May 28, 2015
I guess the Atiku/GMB/GEJ lobby paid off.

Congrats Adeshina

Congrats Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Segadem(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2015
eazisky:
Embezzlement continues
change ur attitude before it changes u to something else.
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Segadem(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2015
Thanks for GMB endorsement.
Re: Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President by Mopolchi: 6:36pm On May 28, 2015
Out of all GEJ ministers, na only this man work. I gbadun u gon, Sir. Go on!

(1) (Reply)

No Prayers Was Offered From The Muslims / I Belong To Everybody I Belong To Nobody / Gov Akin Ambode's Mother Looking Calm At Her Son's Inauguration Ceremony.photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.