Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,994 members, 7,873,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala (860 Views)

Oshiomhole Suffering From Numerical Diarrhea, Says Okonjo-iweala / Economic Mgt: No One Is Perfect, Says Okonjo-iweala / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Akbee(m): 6:39am On May 29, 2015
MINISTER of Finance Ngozi Onkojo-
Iweala said yesterday that she is not
scared of President Muhammadu
Buhari probing her.
Okonjo-Iweala spoke in a statement
while responding to what she
considered an attack on her by Edo
state Governor Adams Oshiomhole.
She said: “There is no substance in the
wild allegations that any money is
missing from the account or that
finances of the country under Okonjo-
Iweala’s watch have not been well
managed.”
The minister added that she “has no
reason to fear Buhari. Those who
cannot adequately explain what they
did with the resources of their states
and are begging for bailout are those
who should to be scared.”
Okonjo-Iweala denied claims by
Oshiomhole that she has been
speaking out lately because of the
“fear of Buhari”.
According to her, “if there is any
minister whose voice has been strong
on the right issues over the past four
years, it is Okonjo-Iweala.”
She said has no apologies for insisting
that a claim of N159 billion for Forex
differentials by the marketers out of a
total bill of N200 billion should go
through an additional verification
process.
“When 80 per cent of a subsidy claim
is made up of Forex differentials and
not the value of the amount of fuel
supplied, the right and proper thing to
do is to take extra steps to ensure that
the country is not being cheated. That
is what Okonjo-Iweala did,” she said.
On Oshiomhole’s statement that she
“must disclose to the nation the full
details of subsidy payments made to
oil marketers in the last four years”,
Okonjo-Iweala described the statement
as “astonishing given the fact that
every payment made to the marketers
has been published in the media and
widely disseminated through all news
channels.”
She stressed that apart from the
monthly publication of allocations to
the federal, state and local
governments, the Federal Ministry of
Finance also published SURE-P
receipts and distribution to different
tiers, details of payments to oil
marketers and other information.
She queried if the governor has
demonstrated the same level of
openness in his management of the
affairs of Edo State.
www.thenationonlineng.net/new/im-not-scared-of-buhari-says-okonjo-iweala/
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Koboseadotorg(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2015
Agu nwanyi (the lioness)
She has no cockroach in her cupboard.
Even if she does, she will prove to Buhari that she graduated with first class honours in Economics, from the almighty Havard University London.

200 likes for her boldness pls.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by alberto2k(m): 6:43am On May 29, 2015
undecided
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by yimikaa: 6:44am On May 29, 2015
Y
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by juninho50(m): 6:47am On May 29, 2015
undecided
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:49am On May 29, 2015
madam slow it down ooo

egwu don change ooo

dis man government no go sexy ooo
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by eazisky(m): 6:50am On May 29, 2015
Dont worry, when the probbing starts, u will withdraw your comment
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by buzquet(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2015
Some guys dat av been dreaming to touch ur yarnsh n ur bosom are waiting for u inside cool, nice n conducive KIRIKIRI facility! !!!!!!!
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by kendrick9(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2015
Why would she be afraid anyway? peolle are acting as if buhari is god....the same buhari who dines with known crooks like tinubu,atiku, ameachi etc...he should probe this people first if truly he is against corruption... Okonjo is graduate of harvard, worked at world bank, she's seen it all... she has no reason to fear the daura man
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Koboseadotorg(m): 6:58am On May 29, 2015
Taylor86:
madam slow it down ooo

egwu don change ooo

dis man government no go sexy ooo
Stop that.
I cherish her boldness. You guys have made this probe of a thing very boring.
Obasanjo shouldn't be advising Buhari untill he is probed together with his ministers.

It is not only Jonathan's administration that is corrup. He also inherited corruption.
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by kelvyn7: 7:02am On May 29, 2015
see her mouth grin
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by YoursGEJ(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2015
Akbee:

On Oshiomhole’s statement that she
“must disclose to the nation the full
details of subsidy payments made to
oil marketers in the last four years”,
Okonjo-Iweala described the statement
as “astonishing given the fact that
every payment made to the marketers
has been published in the media and
widely disseminated through all news
channels.”
She stressed that apart from the
monthly publication of allocations to
the federal, state and local
governments, the Federal Ministry of
Finance also published SURE-P
receipts and distribution to different
tiers, details of payments to oil
marketers and other information.
She queried if the governor has
demonstrated the same level of
openness in his management of the
affairs of Edo State.
www.thenationonlineng.net/new/im-not-scared-of-buhari-says-okonjo-iweala/

I'm an APC fan but this woman gave Oshobaba correct uppercut

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Koboseadotorg(m): 7:08am On May 29, 2015
buzquet:
Some guys dat av been dreaming to touch ur yarnsh n ur bosom are waiting for u inside cool, nice n conducive KIRIKIRI facility! !!!!!!!
I don't want to insult you.
But let me leave you with a question.
Have you heard of the word, POWERFUL CITIZEN (CIVILIAN)?
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Abigail09(f): 7:09am On May 29, 2015
Madam wu askd you? If you like fear am if you like don't,i hope your hands are clean coz CHANGE has come to stay!
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by kreamidiva(f): 7:11am On May 29, 2015
Why is everyone crying about being probed?

Baba doesn't have time for such frivolities. He's here on a mission to Change. He made promises that he intends to fulfill and probing this person and that person would slow us down.

We're taking off at top speed. Let nobody slow us down.
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Osehnetworld(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2015
Education s every tin, dts y we say knowlege s power, dnt dare 2 try d competency of iweala, even if she embezzeled, i swear u cnt gt ha, she s 1000times sharper dan d daura man dt struggled 2 scale tru common ss3
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by buzquet(m): 7:17am On May 29, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:

I don't want to insult you.
But let me leave you with a question.
Have you heard of the word, POWERFUL CITIZEN (CIVILIAN)?
ask Bode Goerge.
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Osehnetworld(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2015
All ds threatenings wit probe s gettin me pissed off, hw d hell s buhari, s he goin 2 perform magic, i bet u nigerians ll b disappointed, no doubt he ll perform better, buh let's cool down 1st
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by socialmediaman: 7:21am On May 29, 2015
Lol, now is no longer the time for speculation, it's time for action... We'll get to know who stole or embezzled or mismanaged what, or did rats eat our treasury up?
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by BlackBaron: 7:24am On May 29, 2015
I still love Aunty Ngozi but this administration allowed so much to pass under the bridge unabated. Since she's the finance minister it was very easy for people to point fingers at her since not very clear how much her financial control overlaps other areas or not.

I'm wanting to believe she's not corrupt but I pray I won't be disappointed.
Re: I'm Not Scared Of Buhari, Says Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:40am On May 29, 2015
She always say dis trash, nobodi said u are na

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct Winners Pastor During Prayer Session / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam / If They Kill One Of Us, 7 Fighters Will Replace Him- Late BH Leader Mohd Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.