Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:03 PM

How To Make Your Internet Connection To Become Faster In Speed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Your Internet Connection To Become Faster In Speed (1813 Views)

How To Solve Internet Connection Problem On Modern Combat 5 Blackout / Converting Phone's Internet Connection To Wifi Or Wireless Hotspot / Why Your Internet Connection Is Very Slow In Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Internet Connection To Become Faster In Speed by estherline: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
Before we panic saying my internet connection is very slow let us first follow few steps to make sure that really you have got a slow connection from your internet provider.
Step-1 : Check what is the speed provided to you by your ISP?
Step 2: Are you really getting less speed?
If you are getting really less speed than ask yourself few question?
Q1. Do I have good antivirus software whose virus database is up to date?
Q2. Do I have good anti-spyware software installed which has the most recent updated spyware definitions?
Q3. Do I have a good firewall like that of zone alarm to prevent external intrusion by hackers?
Q4. Do I have sufficient hardware to support the high speed internet connection? Like sufficient RAM and CPU speed?
Q5. Is my computer fully optimized for a good speed?
Step 3: Suppose everything is in place and you want some tweak to enhance the internet speed then follow the following steps.
Did you know a whopping of 20% bandwidth is reserved for Windows update service? Of course it will slow down your internet speed when the update process is going on in your computer. You can disable it. So that window can’t act like a king and ask for a reservation in bandwidth share.

Click here to download FREE e-Books on how to.
Click here for more information on Getachus vsat network Migration package

Step 4 : go to philopaul4u.com for further and more complihensive details
Re: How To Make Your Internet Connection To Become Faster In Speed by heebakutty: 4:47am On Feb 22, 2012
Hey,just follow some tips to make your speed up
-->Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages"wink.
-->Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
-->Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.
-->Upgrade your modem.
-->Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
-->Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
and now check your connection speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/
even then your connection speed didnt get speed up then you better contact your service provider,

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Internet Connection To Become Faster In Speed by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
Good info thanks

(1) (Reply)

Make Use Of Ur Opera Downlod / How Good Is The Blackberry Bought From Aliexpress, / I Need A Fairly Used Tecno Tablet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.