Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. (2311 Views)

"Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine / Fulani Cattle Rustlers Repent In Jigawa,Sworn By Qur'an 2 Expose Other Members / Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by DaBullIT(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

He asked a logically valid question and you're being unreasonably sentimental. Grow the fĂșck up!

Another mofo , i am not being sentimental , i am simply pointing out how other people would react if the situation were reversed

and you know that for a fact , expect of course if you are one of them
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by mployer(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
OP@ If your papa and Mama die before dem born you, what will happen by now?
No prosecute me na intelligence question, lawyers and matured abi manure minds should lecture me please.

If his parents died before his was born, then he won't have the opportunity to be given birth to.

Hope that answers your question?
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by mcdc: 8:42am On May 29, 2015
pls any Lawyer in the house...............................help !
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by gosham(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2015
adeniyisavage:
If u must know. The SGN will take over pending a new election.

I believe you mean the Secretary to the federation?

If so, his tenure too expires too with the outing going president. So technically, there is no Secretary for now.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by gosham(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2015
jaybee3:

The only possible way that highly unlikely scenario could get played out is if they both get murdered at the eagle square. Obviously that would create instant anarchy and in turn throw the country into a temporary constitution crisis.

I would expect some sort of temporary democratic leadership structure put in place which will then hand over to the contestant that came second during the APC primary election

Things taken into consideration:
We technically have no government in place so succession order can't come into play
The National assembly has been dissolved

Sir the national Assembly get dissolved June 6 2015. That is why tambuwal has handed over to his vice.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by gosham(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2015
DaBullIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Succession_Act READ THAT YOURSELF

Sir, the USA Act cannot apply in Nigeria. We are independent.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by jaybee3(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2015
mployer:

Good insight, especially the last paragraph.

Considering the bolded, isn't the vice president-elect in better position to be sworn in than the candidate that came second in APC primaries?
Morally yes but crucially no simply because he wasn't voted in by the electorate
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by gosham(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2015
adeniyisavage:
I disagree....the sgn will take over. Irrespective of the cabinet.dissolved...from ur premise the senate President will head both executive and legislative pending a fresh presidential election?

There would be no need for a legislative election sir. Since it is just the executive (pls it is a case study) that is effected. My opinion. Any lawyer here?
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by DaBullIT(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2015
gosham:

Sir, the USA Act cannot apply in Nigeria. We are independent.

Look for Nigeria's 1999 constitution as amended

and

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/presidential-succession-senator-george-sekibo%E2%80%99s-controversial-intervention/

Stop being lazy , i sent the earlier information because Ours / Nigeria's succession act is almost direct copy and paste of US's Presidential succession act
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by mployer(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2015
jaybee3:

Morally yes but crucially no simply because he wasn't voted in by the electorate

Ok.

I understand.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by nationwide1(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2015
gosham:
Abeg o. This question have been bugging me. Who becomes the president in the event:

1. That the President elect and his vice drops dead or goes missing before hand over?

2. The tenure of GEJ technically ended last night. Who is the current Commender of the arm force?

Please I need informed answers or contribution.
Why do you reason in such negative manner?

1 Like

Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by Youngmolis: 9:11am On May 29, 2015
Screw u negative thinker
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by modhream: 9:13am On May 29, 2015
jaybee3:

The only possible way that highly unlikely scenario could get played out is if they both get murdered at the eagle square. Obviously that would create instant anarchy and in turn throw the country into a temporary constitution crisis.

I would expect some sort of temporary democratic leadership structure put in place which will then hand over to the contestant that came second during the APC primary election

Things taken into consideration:
We technically have no government in place so succession order can't come into play
The National assembly has been dissolved
The National Assembly has not been dissolved,nodcock.That comes on June 7.
@OP,in the event the President-elect fail to make it to swearing in for any reason,the Vice President-elect is sworn in as president in his place.
In the event both of them don't make it,the Senate president takes over and INEC is constitutionally mandated to conduct another election within seven (7) days to fill the post(s).
See section 136 (1) & (2) CFRN.
We've dealt with this issue before in another thread,btw.

1 Like

Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by indiraserv: 9:49am On May 29, 2015
This isn't thinking like a black man,this is knowing thoughts have power and we shouldn't fuel such thoughts lest we create energy centers out of them.....

mployer:

Must you think like a black man all the time.

He asked an intelligent question and you labelled him wicked.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by Nobody: 9:50am On May 29, 2015
drtwist:
The senate will elect a leader who will automatically act as president pending when election will be conducted
lies! Osinbajo will be sworn in.
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by otedola1(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2015
Ha a, why are you thinking dis way!!!
Abeg Ooo
Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by MhizZK(f): 10:36am On May 29, 2015
So much quarrel ova a simple what if question.Wey d naija spirit now,d Nigeria I know has d ability to c d ligher mood of tinz.Lighting up guys,whatz d tension about. Itz just what If. Oshinbanjo becomes d President.

1 Like

Re: Now that buhari has been successfully sworn in. by drtwist(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2015
PervyByNature:
lies! Osinbajo will be sworn in.

The ops said if something happen to the both of them.
For now since they have not been sworn into office the vice president cannot be sworn in.
The election was won by Buhari with osinbajo to assist him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC / The North Playing Osibanjo Like They Did Jonathan. / The Jonathan Years; Separating Facts From Fiction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.