Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:03 AM

This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read (806 Views)

Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / Ijaw Youth Council Plans One-million-man March Against Buhari / Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by spazmodick(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2015
When it was announced that President Goodluck
Jonathan lost the 2015 presidential elections, My
heart stopped beating for a whole minuite, i was
very sure i was going to die, for the days that
followed eating and drinking became a bitter
chore, Banga soup(my favorite) tasted as
chloroquine, and fresh fish suddenly turned to
stone. I thought my condition was bad until i finally
summoned the courage to return calls from
colleaques, family and friends.. It was then i found
out that Marvin was hospitalized, Maria had Severe
Migraine and swollen eyes, Tarila was preparing for
civil war, Tony changed career(he became a lawyer
overnight), Meya, Bobby(let me keep your actions
to myself).
As days progressed into weeks we all started
coming around, discussing and debating on where
our beloved president went wrong... Was he soft on
corruption.? Yes, Was he tackling Nigeria's
problems head-on?.. No, Did his Govt impact at
least 60% of Nigerians?.. No. Did he pay attention
to the Niger Delta?.. No, did he atleast discipline
and set a standard for the parastals, Ministries of
the Niger delta?..No. Did he checkmate and
discipline PDP elected Governors?.. No.
However all this does not change the fact that he
was the Best president Nigeria has ever had.. Most
of his policies and achievements are Long lasting..
Our Interstate Express roads and Railways for
instance,his Working policies on Agriculture and
food supply, His brilliant Automobile policy, Tertiary
Educational institutions for all Nigerian states, His
super policy on power etc.. He was indeed a silent
achiever.
As I welcome him back home, i stand tall with my
head held high in pride, for he has written the
name" Ijaw" with a golden pen in Nigerias history
books, he has given us Ijaws a sense of belonging in
a Nation that we were as Visitors, he has made us
relevant and now we know we can never be
intimidated. We held the highest office in a Land
that thought but for our oil we were worthless, and
we will do it again for we have been set free to
dream.
I genuinely pray that this new Govt of the General,
can deliver on 50% of their campaign promises,
because Nigeria genuinely needs the Change, the
Good Change. All i can say is i wish Nigeria's 16th
President and commander in chief Goodluck.
I am looking forward to his administration.
Long live the president of the Federal Republic of
Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by mentorandfriend(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2015
Good one!
Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by Nobody: 9:20am On May 29, 2015
As I welcome him back home, i stand tall with my head held high in pride, for he has written the name" Ijaw" with a golden pen in Nigerias history books, he has given us Ijaws a sense of belonging in a Nation that we were as Visitors, he has made us relevant and now we know we can never be intimidated. We held the highest office in a Land that thought but for our oil we were worthless, and we will do it again for we have been set free to dream
Good one though I have a contrasting view. While it is admirable that one of held was opportuned to lead Nigeria, I still don't see it as an achievement of the Ijaw nation because we were not allowed to get a fair deal within the Nigeria State, not even the slightest of them (ie PIB). I think we need to define our priorities and determine whether what we need is to occupy the office of the President of Nigeria or to cause for a change in fortune in our region. Goodluck Jonathan was a democratic president no doubt and made some form of policies that seems welcome when looked from Nationalistic view, but it still fell short of our call for Sovereign National Conference that would have restructured the system. Sadly, the New Administration has not clearly state what he plans for us. Not even his political allies from our region has said anything.

I congratulate Goodluck Jonathan Nevertheless, I am proud of the democratic precedent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by Nobody: 9:20am On May 29, 2015
dogs and baboons ranting
Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by spazmodick(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2015
Chappie:
dogs and baboons ranting
last I checked it was Buhari that used dat word and a lot of lives were lost..Right speech Bro

2 Likes

Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by Nobody: 10:16am On May 29, 2015
spazmodick:
last I checked it was Buhari that used dat word and a lot of lives were lost..Right speech Bro

yea, i feel sorry for the dogs and baboons.......

buhari is a racist...
Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by realjoker(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
Good one though I have a contrasting view. While it is admirable that one of held was opportuned to lead Nigeria, I still don't see it as an achievement of the Ijaw nation because we were not allowed to get a
fair deal within the Nigeria State, not even the slightest of them (ie PIB).
I think we need to define our priorities and determine whether what we need is to occupy the office of the President of Nigeria or to cause for a change in fortune in our region. Goodluck Jonathan was a democratic president no doubt and made some form of policies that seems welcome when looked from Nationalistic view, but it still fell short of our call for Sovereign National Conference that would have restructured the system. Sadly, the New Administration has not clearly state what he plans for us. Not even his political allies from our region has said anything.

I congratulate Goodluck Jonathan Nevertheless, I am proud of the democratic precedent.
with or without the PIB your state governors has enough resources to transform ND apkabio is a typical example, i think this is the high time to hold our governors responsible, we should be expecting further fall in price of crude oil to below $40 when the embargo on iran is lifted and drop further more when the embargo on venuzuela is also lifted, crude oil is now everywhere thanks to shale, its high time to diversify our economy, we can be generating billions of dollars from agriculture fisheries, manufacturing, processing of agriculture product, mining.

1 Like

Re: This Are The Words Of An Ijaw Youth!!! Must Read by MORNDEW(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2015
praise singrs

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Who You Are! / The President Slept Off':the Real Reason Buhari Didn’t Show For Meeting With APC / Nigeria’s NASS, David Mark’s Coup, And The APC Dilemma- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.