Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,920 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker (1257 Views)

Nigerian Hacker Admits $6.5m Fraud In US Court / BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS: How You May Lose Of All The Money In Your Bank Account / EFCC Arraigns 22 Year Old Female Suspected Hacker For Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by FOLLOWCOME1(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2015
Hi Nairalanders......I dont knw if this is the right section for this topic,the sum of 20,000 was debited twice from my Gt-bank account this morning as i got an txt alert on my phone @ exactly 08:44am decribing the transaction as a transfer from my bank account>>>Acct: ******7612
Amt: NGN20,000.00 Dr
Desc: TRANSFER BETWEEN CUSTOMERS-USSD GTBank Transfer from : my fone numba from my account name to AJANI, ELIJAH SANJO
Avail Bal: NGN6,998,i was confused nd surprised @ first cos my ATM card is with me then immediatly my mind keep bubllin of how to stop any further transaction from the account cos today is democracy day and presidential inaguration ceremony,the bank wont be opening until monday,,,,i started thinking of how on earth could somone ve transefered d money that is meant for a frend tution fee then i quickly logged to my email to write the GT connect contact den i put a call through,,,,,explainin the issue and i gave d lady my accnt info stating to her that i want any further transaction from my account immediatly till monday when i ll b going to my bank,she tried her best then she said their application to put a restriction on the accont is not comin up,,,,i called a brother who has a friend working at Gtbank to forward his number to me,,,i called him nd sent my accnt details to him,i called him back after about 5minutes then he said the account has been restricted from further transaction until i go 2 my bank to sort things out then he said he has been receiving similar complaint for d past week...cos i see no reason y my bank accnt should b hacked when i didnt lost my atm card or reveal my banking details to any1 neither do i engage in online bankin nd the likes,please the mod should do d needful cos i really want to hear Nairalanders opinion on this and or if the Hackers can be trace in any means cos i've never heard of such before,i'm really boiling inside of me as i write.THANKS
Re: My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by Redoil: 6:24pm On May 29, 2015
Trouble too much for nigeria and we dont know which ones to solve first
Re: My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by hollermeelaycon(m): 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
I had an email concerning someone being added as beneficiary to ma account one balogun sumfn sumfn n juz yesterday a friend gave similar complain same gt bank. I cnt evn remember puttin up for online banking in gt tho i av in oda banks bt ion trust gt online banking dey seem kinna porous to attacks. I fink pple shud b alerted concerning dis.
Re: My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by onatisi(m): 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
FOLLOWCOME1:
Hi Nairalanders......I dont knw if this is the right section for this topic,the sum of 20,000 was debited twice from my Gt-bank account this morning as i got an txt alert on my phone @ exactly 08:44am decribing the transaction as a transfer from my bank account>>>Acct: ******7612
Amt: NGN20,000.00 Dr
Desc: TRANSFER BETWEEN CUSTOMERS-USSD GTBank Transfer from : my fone numba from my account name to AJANI, ELIJAH SANJO
Avail Bal: NGN6,998,i was confused nd surprised @ first cos my ATM card is with me then immediatly my mind keep bubllin of how to stop any further transaction from the account cos today is democracy day and presidential inaguration ceremony,the bank wont be opening until monday,,,,i started thinking of how on earth could somone ve transefered d money that is meant for a frend tution fee then i quickly logged to my email to write the GT connect contact den i put a call through,,,,,explainin the issue and i gave d lady my accnt info stating to her that i want any further transaction from my account immediatly till monday when i ll b going to my bank,she tried her best then she said their application to put a restriction on the accont is not comin up,,,,i called a brother who has a friend working at Gtbank to forward his number to me,,,i called him nd sent my accnt details to him,i called him back after about 5minutes then he said the account has been restricted from further transaction until i go 2 my bank to sort things out then he said he has been receiving similar complaint for d past week...cos i see no reason y my bank accnt should b hacked when i didnt lost my atm card or reveal my banking details to any1 neither do i engage in online bankin nd the likes,please the mod should do d needful cos i really want to hear Nairalanders opinion on this and or if the Hackers can be trace in any means cos i've never heard of such before,i'm really boiling inside of me as i write.THANKS
this is exactly what many of us said when gt started their easy mobile phone money transfer with very little security measure . Thank god the gt man too acknowledge that they have been receiving complains since last week. The new gt mobile money transfer with its easy useage and low security measures put gt bank customers at the mercy of fraudters,I know the op case is just one out of many already happening and which will still happen.

1 Like

Re: My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by andyanders: 7:46pm On May 29, 2015
Insiders must be responsible for this act.I believe someone in the data section should be responsible for this action.Since the card is with the op and similar cases has been reported to the bank, the bank should look inwardly for this.
Re: My Gt-bank Account Hijacked/debited By Hacker by osborn442(m): 9:53am On May 30, 2015
This is serious

(1) (Reply)

See What This 32 Year Old Did To His Mother!!! / What Happened Where I Work Today. / Photos From The Mysterious Well Incident Which Claimed 3 Lives (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.