Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. (25692 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University / Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Champion01(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2015
sammyscholar:
do I need to enlighten u of how students see Post UTME questions before exam day? Do I need to remind you of how mercenaries seat unbehalf of students in post utme exams? Post utme is no saint! It is only an avenue for our tertiary institution to make money.
P.utme is no saint. Fine. Can u pls mention a school where all what u mentioned above are happening?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nunushokoto(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Consider the students financial status
He should have considered all that before choosing an institution far from his location.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Miscellaneous(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2015
Debaters please answer the questions. . . .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 30, 2015
Nunushokoto:
Pls get this right. I meant cheating on the part of the candidate no editing of result by the ''ogas at the top''
Still the same result! Cheating is cheating! Either by the candidate herself or on her behalf
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 30, 2015
Champion01:
P.utme is no saint. Fine. Can u pls mention a school where all what u mentioned above are happening?
Can I answer on his behalf?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Ayima: 10:53pm On May 30, 2015
If this debate is now taking the direction of cheating then everyone has failed. This debate should centered on what actually makes the students to pass utme and fail post utme or Fail utme and pass post utme.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Consider the students financial status

From my experience, you can get a room for as low as N1000 (mostly in school areas). Finance is needed for everything.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 30, 2015
Ayima:
If this debate is now taking the direction of cheating then everyone has failed. This debate should centered on what actually makes the students to pass utme and fail post utme or Fail utme and pass post utme.
The subject
matter for this debate is " Should Post UTME
examinations be
conducted in Nigerian Universities "
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Champion01(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Can I answer on his behalf?
Yes u can.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Miscellaneous(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2015
Sammyscholar and Darrytoz please answer Ayima
Ayima:
Well my question goes to the opposing side. Don't you guys think that a student that can pass utme should be able to pass post utme too? if yes why and if no why not?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 10:57pm On May 30, 2015
Ayima:

The main reason why Post-UTME was established is due to mass cheating in JAMB UTME. I guess is reason is so obvious, Post-UTME is like replica of JAMB UTME, so why should a student scored 260 in JAMB UTME, and scored 20% in Post-UTME?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Miscellaneous(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2015
Debaters can make their final comment on the debate as we draw the curtains. . . .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 30, 2015
pseudonomer:

From my experience, you can get a room for as low as N1000 (mostly in school areas). Finance is needed for everything.
Finance is needed for everything! You have said it all!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nunushokoto(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2015
5ky3:

Don't be too sure.. Those programs were written by somebody or a set of people
So do u mean to say that they will program it in a way that it can be hacked.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 11:02pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Finance is needed for everything! You have said it all!

You need money to buy bread, you need money to have an education, you need money to own a shelter. So get me right.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 30, 2015
Champion01:
Yes u can.
Im into the system and I know how everything goes ...#muted
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by sammyscholar(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2015
Ayima:
Well my question goes to the opposing side. Don't you guys think that a student that can pass utme should be able to pass post utme too? if yes why and if no why not?
the problem is not passing utme and post utme, but the issue is, instead of wasting time, resources and effort on two exams, can't one the fortified? This will save students from stress and risk of travelling. We shoulnt do things for doing sake, they should justifiable.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nunushokoto(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Still the same result! Cheating is cheating! Either by the candidate herself or on her behalf
Its a different thing for a student to cheat in an exam nd for his result to be edited even though both are illegal activities
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by 5ky3(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2015
Nunushokoto:
So do u mean to say that they will program it in a way that it can be hacked.

Have u seen any firewall that can be hacked with enough time dedicated to it?

Well that's not what am saying.. What I meant is that the programmer or programmers are no saints
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 30, 2015
I agree with the ibadanpoly debaters.post-UTME should be scrapped and UTME should be well organised and planned .With CBT,am sure UTM examination mal-practices will be a thing of the past.I love the write-up.They were well arranged,well-edited and very simple to understand.I am very convinced by the write-up.Post-UTME is just an avenue to milk the students and make some revenue for the institutions.I don't see why there should be post-UTME if JAMB can cordinate an examination that is free from mal-practices.FUNAAB debaters also have their points but their points will not be relevant and useful if JAMB can put its house in order in conducting a hitch-free examination.So,ibadanpoly have my back on this topic.FUNAAB debaters should learn how to arrange,edit and not muddle up sentences.And also,paragraphing your composition will do a lot of good for you guys.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Champion01(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Im into the system and I know how everything goes ...#muted
Sorry, is dis an answer to the question?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 30, 2015
Nunushokoto:
Its a different thing for a student to cheat in an exam nd for his result to be edited even though both are illegal activities
He paid for it!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 30, 2015
Champion01:
Sorry, is dis an answer to the question?
Unilag, funaab, Aaua, lasu, The list is long even OAU
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 11:08pm On May 30, 2015
Nunushokoto:
Pls get this right. I meant cheating on the part of the candidate no editing of result by the ''ogas at the top''

It is usually hard to edit the post-UTME score, but school usually print all the result out immediately after the examination. In case if you don not know there is always a hard-copy of all cbt exams. Even if it is possible, it is only going to for very few people, unlike the JAMB UTME that is a thing of the mass.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Miscellaneous(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2015
Miscellaneous:
Debaters can make their final comment on the debate as we draw the curtains. . . .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by sammyscholar(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2015
post utme has added no value whatsoever to the standard of our education; it has only made it more stressful and hassle for students. Post utme is not justifiable, and hence, should be jettisoned. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 11:09pm On May 30, 2015
Boc4real:
Unilag, funaab, Aaua, lasu, The list is long even OAU

You are just saying, you have no proof. Anyone can say anything.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nunushokoto(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2015
5ky3:

Have u seen any firewall that can be hacked with enough time dedicated to it?

Well that's not what am saying.. What I meant is that the programmer or programmers are no saints
There are no saints in this country
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by 5ky3(m): 11:12pm On May 30, 2015
Nunushokoto:
There are no saints in this country

I think you can now understand what I mean
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 30, 2015
pseudonomer:

It is usually hard to edit the post-UTME score, but school usually print all the result out immediately after the examination. In case if you don not know there is always a hard-copy of all cbt exams. Even if it is possible, it is only going to for very few people, unlike the JAMB UTME that is a thing of the mass.
Id have bold some of your post but I don't know to go about it.... it goes for only few! thats why I said cheating in examinations can only be minimized not fully eradicated
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by pseudonomer: 11:12pm On May 30, 2015
"Since its introduction in UI four years ago, the percentage of withdrawal level has reduced drastically. In fact, post-UME test has a correlation with the general good performance at the under graduate level. Between year 2000 and 2008, the average first-class graduates we have is 63, but last year, (2009) being the year of the first set of post-UME candidates, we have 99 students graduating with first class. Isn’t that impressive? Cancellation of post-UME test cannot do us any good!" -Sunday Saanu of UI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. by Nunushokoto(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2015
Post utme exam should not be scrapped because it has helped in fishing out those whose jamb result is not really theirs and giving admission to the right people
Thank You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: Resumption Date For Pry, Sec Schools Changed / Olukemi Odukoya and Bola Oboh Protest UNILAG VC's Removal, Attack Pro-Chancellor / Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.