Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,536 members, 7,905,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? (1073 Views)

10 Types Of Marriages In Nigeria / Cities With Highest Number Of Gorgeous Ladies In South Eastern Nigeria / Opinion: Hard Truth About Late Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:09am On May 30, 2015
I begin to ask myself these questions:

1. Is it because Eastern Nigerians have the most beautiful girls in Nigeria, which made their marriage dowries is highly expensive?

2. Is it because most of their daughters are educated, which made them increase the cost of marriages in their land?

3. Or simply because they just love what we call "EGO"

Nairalanders I need your opinion on this. If you think these are not the main reasons you can add yours to complement it.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by phlio(m): 7:11am On May 30, 2015
most of them educated? no.....main reason cos they love money

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:14am On May 30, 2015
phlio:
most of them educated? no.....main reason cos they love money
This money factor ehn only God will help us.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by smvinreal(f): 7:17am On May 30, 2015
Because thats their culture
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by CountDracula(m): 7:17am On May 30, 2015
Marriages are nt expensive in the east
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by ginawest(f): 7:18am On May 30, 2015
well,i personally tink its because dey r beautiful, educated especially mbaise women, well-mannered and dey know wot to do in d kitchen....IMO

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by chiibekee(f): 7:21am On May 30, 2015
Cos Imo girls are the best in everything. Don't go for the beautiful, go for the best cos they are the same price.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2015
CountDracula:
Marriages are nt expensive in the east
why did you say that ?
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2015
chiibekee:
Cos Imo girls are the best in everything. Don't go for the beautiful, go for the best cos they are the same price.
hmmmmm are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
ginawest:
well,i personally tink its because dey r beautiful, educated especially mbaise women, well-mannered and dey know wot to do in d kitchen....IMO
All in one
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
smvinreal:
Because thats their culture
How is it their culture
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by demmy0325(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2015
..too expensive.. Igbo pple sell their daughters.. And its said they cant hav anoda husband again.. undecided
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by FLAWLES(f): 7:31am On May 30, 2015
I CHOOSE NOT TO UNDERSTAND. >:/
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by CountDracula(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2015
Danjuma827:
why did you say that ?
Cos its true
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by prettyjo(f): 7:32am On May 30, 2015
I hope this is not some sort of tribalistic thread.undecided
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
prettyjo:
I hope this is not some sort of tribalistic thread.undecided
Not at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by smvinreal(f): 7:36am On May 30, 2015
Danjuma827:
How is it their culture
Because thats what they do everytime so i heard and what so ever you keep doing like almost every time becomes part of you and before you know it,its already a culture something you can't put away
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by prettyjo(f): 7:37am On May 30, 2015
Danjuma827:
Not at all.
OK...and besides not all states in the east are costly.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2015
prettyjo:
OK...and besides not all states in the east are costly.
If you don't mind listing these states, so that in case of necessity If i find myself dating any of the eastern ladies
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2015
smvinreal:
Because thats what they do everytime so i heard and what so ever you keep doing like almost every time becomes part of you and before you know it,its already a culture something you can't put away
I love this
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by czarr(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2015
ginawest:
onye mbaise
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by czarr(m): 8:52am On May 30, 2015
chiibekee:
......IMO girls like money die,....owerri na dere headquarters dey
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by octopusfreaky(f): 9:10am On May 30, 2015
Stop disgracing Queen Elizabeth,,,correct yourself OP...
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by ronald4lif(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2015
Some self adulation and praise singers are already having a fete. They are educated, they are beautiful, they are blabla etc. Whoever told them Igbo women are the most educated in Nigeria .

OP, it's a tradition that has been in place for centuries. Igbos love celebration and some panoply display of wealth so many people have seen a wedding as an avenue to flaunt their wealth. Extravagant weddings is not even much of a problem, it's a special once in a lifetime event and it's worth celebrating to the best way one can. Wait until you see how they spend crazily on burials.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by japhmanuel: 12:22pm On May 30, 2015
Cus they have a close bond with money #fact
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2015
japhmanuel:
Cus they have a close bond with money #fact
hmmmmmm
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2015
ronald4lif:
Some self adulation and praise singers are already having a fete. They are educated, they are beautiful, they are blabla etc. Whoever told them Igbo women are the most educated in Nigeria .

OP, it's a tradition that has been in place for centuries. Igbos love celebration and some panoply display of wealth so many people have seen a wedding as an avenue to flaunt their wealth. Extravagant weddings is not even much of a problem, it's a special once in a lifetime event and it's worth celebrating to the best way one can. Wait until you see how they spend crazily on burials.
wooow!!! this is interesting
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2015
octopusfreaky:
Stop disgracing Queen Elizabeth,,,correct yourself OP...
thanks if you don't mind I think you should correct me on any error I have made. its allowed. no hard feelings.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by mrdrizzy(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2015
Most educated??

Lol

i think u mean least educated after northeners of course
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by zenith4biz(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2015
'Ottocorrect'

Op grammar
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 6:53pm On May 31, 2015
Op grammar [/quote][/color]
zenith4biz:
'Ottocorrect'

Op grammar
I will be very glad if you correct me.
Re: Why Is Marriages In Eastern Nigeria Expensive? by Danjuma827(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2015
Op grammar [/quote][/color]
zenith4biz:
'Ottocorrect'

Op grammar
I will be very glad if you correct me.

(1) (Reply)

Beware! The lion that escaped from South Africa's Park has not yet been found! / 5 Things That Make Relationship Last Forever / Opinion: The Ideal Man That Every Woman Wish To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.