Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,785 members, 7,882,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria (1030 Views)

Only Crazy People Will Say I Did Not Visit Buhari – tinubu / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / Buhari Did Not Visit Chibok - GMB Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by ReSexzskilz(f): 12:43am On May 31, 2015
Am just curious, but isn't it a great disgrace that president Barrack Obama did not visit Nigeria, the supposed giant of Africa, for the change of a regime despite stressful pleadings? To even imagine that PMB went to personally invite British pm, David Cameron, yet he never showed up. I also noticed that presidents of other most industrialized and powerful nations of the world such as Putin of Russia and Merkel of Germany never even said anything about Nigeria all these while. What happened to Japan, Turkey, China, South Korea, India, Spain, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Thailand, Brazil and other more powerful nations? Is it that apart from Boko Haram, Nigeria is not recognised? I can't imagine Egyptian inauguration, South African inauguration, Kenyan inauguration without both Obama and Cameron present. Am just so curious why Obama or other real world ''hegemonious'' leader never gave a damn about our inauguration.

cc. Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Afam4Ever, Seun.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On May 31, 2015
We don't need dis pple to change our economy or recover from our fall, dey are not gods, are they? So please let's face the main issues on ground

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by HungerBAD: 12:50am On May 31, 2015
Not long ago I read on Nairaland that Obama is under pressure to come for Buharis Swearing in and I laughed. To the Op, the truth is NIGERIA is of no relevance to any country anymore, maybe Benin Republic since we still supply them fuel/electricity.

The Politicians have killed the country with their corruption and the countries you listed above, are the countries this money are hidden in. And that is why we can never be taken seriously. America do not need our oil anymore, matter of fact everybody is buying from them now. And with our OIL Relevance gone, so is the little respect we had before.

The people that should have been at the swearing in ceremony , would have been the parents of the abducted Chibok girls. The Family/Relatives of people getting blown up everyday in the North, the family of the men in Uniform who lost their lives fighting Boko Haram.

These are the people that should have been at Abuja, and not President Obama.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by eleojo23: 12:50am On May 31, 2015
When we get our acts together, nobody will have to invite Obama or any other world leader, they will come by themselves.
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by bettercreature(m): 12:53am On May 31, 2015
@Op,you are very correct
the fact is we have destroyed this country and no one give a damnn about us anymore
A country where everybody is fighting for his personal interest
i weep for this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03am On May 31, 2015
Very good observation OP. We no even see india

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by TOWNCRIER2015: 6:23am On May 31, 2015
Don't worry failure has no friend, by the time Nigeria will bounce back to take her glory, nobody will tell them to attend. BUT GOODLUCK MUST HEAR THIS.
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by overhypedsteve(m): 6:39am On May 31, 2015
OP. I understand how you feel about this development, it is normal. But worry less, Nigeria is a country that any well thinking world leader should not ignore. Why? Because we hold the affairs and politics of africa in our hand. Or did you not hear what the president of somalia told Buhari? "he told buhari to take his rightful position as the leader of africa, God specially created us to lead africa and the past administration have failed in this area. Expecially in his management of the ebola saga in liberia and his toothless efforts in mali. But you should remember that all the policies and institutions that is helping africa today was either created by nigeria or created with nigeria, take for example AFDB,NEPAD,ECOMOG E.T.C these are african institutions were nigeria retain majority shares and positions ahead of other african states and non african states and in the case of afdb ahead of usa. We maintain the highest voting power in ecowas and afdb. We have thirty sits in ecowas while ghana have ten and the rest have 3 or 5. We are the greatest sponsor of NEPAD and it was created by obasanjo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by ReSexzskilz(f): 11:27am On May 31, 2015
LALASTIC d LALA, why na?
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On May 31, 2015
ReSexzskilz:
Am just curious, but isn't it a great disgrace that president Barrack Obama did not visit Nigeria, the supposed giant of Africa, for the change of a regime despite stressful pleadings? To even imagine that PMB went to personally invite British pm, David Cameron, yet he never showed up. I also noticed that presidents of other most industrialized and powerful nations of the world such as Putin of Russia and Merkel of Germany never even said anything about Nigeria all these while. What happened to Japan, Turkey, China, South Korea, India, Spain, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Thailand, Brazil and other more powerful nations? Is it that apart from Boko Haram, Nigeria is not recognised? I can't imagine Egyptian inauguration, South African inauguration, Kenyan inauguration without both Obama and Cameron present. Am just so curious why Obama or other real world ''hegemonious'' leader never gave a damn about our inauguration.

cc. Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Afam4Ever, Seun.
Get rid of your inferiority complex. That's the main issue. David Cameron recently won an election in the UK. There were no world leaders trooping to his 'inauguration'. In fact it was just a short ceremony they had in one room to mark the occasion. If Miliband, the other guy, had won, it would have been the same thing. Transition from one elected govt to another is really not something that makes national leaders travel around the world to attend. The other day the Polish president lost his election and conceded victory to his opponent without fanfare. There will be no grand 'inauguration' with various world leaders there when the handover is done. Your problem stems from deriving confidence and dignity only from external recognition and acclaim. Real power is when you generate dignity from your own internal cognisance as a nation, with no need for external validation.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:41am On May 31, 2015
Whoz obama? cryWhoz obama?
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 12:01pm On May 31, 2015
zz
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by HungerBAD: 12:06pm On May 31, 2015
Nnemuka:
nobody wants to identify with a boko sponsor like buhari. despite the fact that he disgraced himself in london yet cameron couldn't stoop so low to attend his inauguration.

well I learnt he made forbes list with his man shekau, though shekau hasn't publicly announced his congratulatory message, I expect more terrorist to send in their messages. isis will soon send theirs so becalm.

change my left asx.

Are you at your TIME of the month? I was told women lose their senses around then, and that's why they come up with senseless write ups like yours.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 12:10pm On May 31, 2015
HungerBAD:

Are you at your TIME of the month? I was told women lose their senses around then, and that's why they come up with senseless write ups like yours.
I guess your mum loses her senses often that's why you think most women whose views differs from yours are senseless.

well I just spoke my mind. go hang yourself
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by HungerBAD: 12:18pm On May 31, 2015
Nnemuka:

I guess your mum loses her senses often that's why you think most women whose views differs from yours are senseless.

well I just spoke my mind. go hang yourself

My mom is too old to see hers.

That said, go back to your write up and carefully read it if it makes any kind of sense. Just because he is of Northern extraction automatically makes him a boko harm sponsor? What level of education have you attained?

A little education in you would have told you that you don't go around running your mouth, without any evidence linking him to BH.

Or is there something you know, and million of other Nigerians that voted him don't know? I don't know your age, your exposure to unbiased education/teachings.

But please stop making a fool of yourself but most importantly just shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 1:01pm On May 31, 2015
HungerBAD:

My mom is too old to see hers.

That said, go back to your write up and carefully read it if it makes any kind of sense. Just because he is of Northern extraction automatically makes him a boko harm sponsor? What level of education have you attained?

A little education in you would have told you that you don't go around running your mouth, without any evidence linking him to BH.

Or is there something you know, and million of other Nigerians that voted him don't know? I don't know your age, your exposure to unbiased education/teachings.

But please stop making a fool of yourself but most importantly just shut up.
Buhari sponsors boko haram and Isis.
I have said it again now go and die
Re: Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria by doublewisdom: 1:18pm On May 31, 2015
By the shabby treatment he gave to Buhari, Cameron already showed his indifference about Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Was Pastor Osibanjo VP Truly Called By God? - Carzola / This Woman Got A Lot Of Job Offers When She Pretended To Be White / BREAKING: S/east Grinds To Halt As Prisoner Transfer Saga Rages On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.