Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,487 members, 7,940,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. (2147 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by ina1: 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2009
my friends visa was cancelled at the point of entry in the UK and was given appeal forms, and was removed from the UK,becouse the 15 years old daughter enrol in a 6th form school in her previous visit to the UK,though she didnt intend to continue schooling in the UK.kindly advice.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by cvibe: 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2009
Nothing to advice until reason for cancellation is known
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2009
Exactly even now he aint given the reason yet lol anyway we are waiting abi angry angry angry
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Sammy107d(m): 1:45am On Feb 17, 2009
Typical Reason

Lady Officer: How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

Potential Immigrant: As long as the lord grants me life
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2009
Sammy107_d:

Typical Reason

At this point I think the lady officer passedout and it was her colleague who cancelled the Visa and instigated removal
you go kill me grin grin
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
ina1:

my friends visa was cancelled at the point of entry in the UK and was given appeal forms, and was removed from the UK,kindly advice.

Next time inform your friend to request for an in-country appeal, so that he/she would not be deported, and would instead have the opportunity to be in the country and lodge his appeal. Feel free to drop more information if need be.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2009
Busybody, are you still alive,long time no chat, I go look yaba left dey look for you,walked 4 5 mins when I was in Lagos oh lol grin grin
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2009
erico2k2:

Busybody, are you still alive,long time no chat, I go look yaba left dey look for you,walked 4 5 mins when I was in Lagos oh lol grin grin

My brother I am still alive and kicking, just waiting for Bigmodo to come and rescue me from yabaleft cool I saw your post last week about Naija girls not taking you seriously because of your hair, serves you right tongue dem tell you say wife material finish for London abi wetin do omo london, lol grin grin grin

@ OP

Do you intend to appeal? What ground was the refusal based on? People only get refused on "change of circumstances" ground, which is an umbrella term for anything goes
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2009
Busy_body let me tell you small secrete, I cut the hair B4 I land oh, the xplanations 4 2much, so I look no diff frm average9ja hustler, my skin just fresh small, Im still in 9ja though but in Delta,I de eat banga soup steady with frsh fish wen God bless cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2009
ina1:

my friends visa was cancelled at the point of entry in the UK and was given appeal forms, and was removed from the UK,becouse the 15 years old daughter enrol in a 6th form school in her previous visit to the UK,though she didnt intend to continue schooling in the UK.kindly advice.

Why is it always a "friend", and never the original poster? undecided
Why do posters always seem more concerned about these issues, and never the person actually affected?
No one knows who you are, why not be more straight forward, and say you're the one in the above scenario? It's no big deal!

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Siena
Thats human nature for you, this perceived I know it all attitude would kill us all one day in Africa, they reckon they are above these problems hence the pretence,problem shared is problem half solved
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2009
Siena:

Why is it always a "friend", and never the original poster? undecided
Why do posters always seem more concerned about these issues, and never the person actually affected?
No one knows who you are, why not be more straight forward, and say you're the one in the above scenario? It's no big deal!

DeltaVAGTM

erico2k2:

@Siena
Thats human nature for you, this perceived I know it all attitude would kill us all one day in Africa, they reckon they are above these problems hence the pretence,problem shared is problem half solved

What if its not him/her? I have friends with immigration problems too who does not know where to turn na undecided

Infact, one has been in the country for 9 years illegally, but want to go back, rather than wait the 5 more years required to obtain citizenship, just never gotten round to posting the issue undecided Give people the benefit of the doubt na cheesy
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2009
Yes Ma shocked
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
erico2k2:

Yes Ma shocked

Its true, she's fed up and wants to go back home, because she feels she will fare better in Nigeria, plus she will look for a husband there too undecided She can kill anyone that tells her to wait the remaining 5 years, I guess she is just frustrated because without papers, you have to resort to menial, low-paying jobs, and don't get recognition for having a degree embarassed
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by cvibe: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2009
Tell her Nigeria will always receive her with open arms.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by VOR(m): 1:36am On Feb 18, 2009
Busy_body:

@ OP

Do you intend to appeal? What ground was the refusal based on? People only get refused on "change of circumstances" ground, which is an umbrella term for anything goes

Not correct, people can also get refused on "change of purpose" grounds for which there is no right of appeal at all.
Many people who are refused on change of circumstances grounds elect to forgo their in-country right of
appeal because they may be detained in a detention centre pending the appeal or at least the receipt of a
valid appeal.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by omega25red(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2009
Sammy107_d:

Typical Reason

LMAO grin grin grin

but honestly i think he was deported because his kid enrolled in school while visiting. If worked for any immigration that would make me think that you went to Nigeria to get the rest of your lugage and now you are moving in for real.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by funkybaby(f): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2009
VOR:

Not correct, people can also get refused on "change of purpose" grounds for which there is no right of appeal at all.
Many people who are refused on change of circumstances grounds elect to forgo their in-country right of
appeal because they may be detained in a detention centre pending the appeal or at least the receipt of a
valid appeal.

Oga VOR,
Long time
Happy new year oh. smiley
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by VOR(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hi Funky,how you de?

I see you do the bulk of advising now, well done o.

I will try and lighten your load from time to time.
A lot of the "new" queries have however already been
answered in the past if only people can be botherd to look.

Are you in the UK or back home?
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
VOR:

valid appeal.

Hence the reason I used the term "umbrella" and "anything goes" wink wink wink So you are the one who is not correct as usual grin

VOR:

Hi Funky,how you de?

Tell me something shocked I thought she was the only one doing the whole advising in the first instance, hence the reason for her "tell Big_bumper to stop using Funkybaby's name to make herself popular" outburst, on a thread she opened as a novice cool Hmmn, what do I know lipsrsealed
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by VOR(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2009
Busy_body:

Hence the reason I used the term "umbrella" and "anything goes" wink wink wink So you are the one who is not correct as usual grin

Typical woman, will never admit when she is wrong. smiley smiley smiley

Then why did you state; , People only get refused on "change of circumstances.

Change of circumstances and change of purpose are separate and distinct grounds for
the cancellation of a visa and are NOT interchangeable. If the wrong ground is used then
the Immigration Officer leaves himself/herself open to having the refusal decision challenged
and possibly nullified.

I'm surprised you appear not to be aware of this. shocked.
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
VOR:

Typical woman, will never admit when she is wrong. smiley smiley smiley

Then why did you state; , People only get refused on "change of circumstances.

Change of circumstances and change of purpose are separate and distinct grounds for
the cancellation of a visa and are NOT interchangeable. If the wrong ground is used then
the Immigration Officer leaves himself/herself open to having the refusal decision challenged
and possibly nullified.

I'm surprised you appear not to be aware of this. shocked.

You are still not correct, infact you are not well set, hence the reason God removed some of your ribs to stabilise you men, yet still no luck grin

I know "change of circumstance" is not the same term as "change of purpose", when used under visa purpose thingy, but Englishically speaking, they mean the same thing, and you are also incorrect to say that all "change of purpose" rejection carry no right of appeal tongue

Men and their strong head sha, they always have to be right grin grin grin
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by funkybaby(f): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2009
VOR:

Hi Funky,how you de?

VOR, am doing good, You? cheesy smiley
Thanks jare
Yeah, it would be nice if you post more often on some of the issues raised.
How's your end?
Am back home now
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by ty4real(m): 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2009
Busy_body:

You are still not correct, infact you are not well set, hence the reason God removed some of your ribs to stabilise you men, yet still no luck grin

I know "change of circumstance" is not the same term as "change of purpose", when used under visa purpose thingy, but Englishically speaking, they mean the same thing, and you are also incorrect to say that all "change of purpose" rejection carry no right of appeal tongue

Men and their strong head sha, they always have to be right grin grin grin

Too much Queens English grin grin grin!
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2009
ty4real:

Too much Queens English grin grin grin!

Leave me, make I dey form dey go grin If na you nko wetin you go do, abeg I no wan bookish VOR to throw the books at me, my brain is in hibernation until winter passes grin grin

Happy new year and happy valentine day team leftwinger, na you we see without collecting visa, how body cheesy
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by ty4real(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2009
Busy_body:

Leave me, make I dey form dey go grin If na you nko wetin you go do, abeg I no wan bookish VOR to throw the books at me, my brain is in hibernation until winter passes grin grin

Happy new year and happy valentine day team leftwinger, na you we see without collecting visa, how body cheesy

Same here sis!How are you doing!Hope the year is going on fine wif you and family!I can see that you are still vibrant and versatile as before,na people like you dey keep this dying forum alive,This days I just visit it and refuse to sign in but your grammarian skills cuaght ma attention grin grin!
Winter don pass now haba,right now sef I don start my spring and summer altogether grin grin grin
Do you which handle Jennykadry is using now?i hear say she won the grammy award for the best banned female award!
And also the queens award for her versatility in creating new user names effortlessly without thinking too much! grin grin
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 12:13am On Feb 20, 2009
ty4real:

Same here sis!How are you doing!Hope the year is going on fine wif you and family!I can see that you are still vibrant and versatile as before,na people like you dey keep this dying forum alive,This days I just visit it and refuse to sign in but your grammarian skills cuaght ma attention grin grin!
Winter don pass now haba,right now sef I don start my spring and summer altogether grin grin grin
Do you which handle Jennykadry is using now?i hear say she won the grammy award for the best banned female award!
And also the queens award for her versatility in creating new user names effortlessly without thinking too much! grin grin

The new year has no choice but to be fine jare my brother cheesy Enough of the grammar jare, or abi you have another word to Englishify the message I wanted to convey to bookish VOR grin grin grin

How's your course, you should be nearly through by now, that is if you can keep your eyes off those girls in your church cheesy I went there with my friend recently and was like are you sure we are in church cheesy Thank God say I no be man, walai cheesy cheesy cheesy

No mind Jenny, last week, she was Amebo no 1 and another one which I don forget, but now she don change am to busy_bodi, she wan put gentle lady like me in trouble, it will not be funny if they ban me with her, just start getting ready to settle fight grin grin grin

Modified to add: She is still Amebo no 1, I am surprised she has not been banned yet, is the rapture coming grin I like her new name sha, hope she keeps it cheesy It makes it so easy to tell her "Aunty Amebo, make u shut up your mouth", without coming across as disrespectful grin grin grin
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by VOR(m): 2:07am On Feb 20, 2009
Busybody,

You this woman, I think you need a cyber spanking smiley smiley smiley
No worry, I won't throw any books at you, but Id sure love
to give you a good spanking. wink
Re: Visa Cancelled At The Point Of Entry. by Busybody2(f): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2009
VOR:

Busybody,

You this woman, I think you need a cyber spanking smiley smiley smiley
No worry, I won't throw any books at you, but Id sure love
to give you a good spanking. wink

Hmmn, hmmn, hmmn, get thee behind me grin I like your versatile mind and versatile everything sha, wifey is one lucky woman wink wink wink

cvibe:

Tell her Nigeria will always receive her with open arms.

Will do kiss I don't mean to pry as usual cool but how was the "date" with Lady Top-up wink Don't tell me you talked all those talks for nothing cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help With Advices Regard My Appeal Case With The Asylum And Immigration Tribunal / Register For The Us Visa Lottery / Confirmation Letter From Ait Uk, That My Appeal Was Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.