Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,930 members, 7,883,248 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:33 AM

The World Is In Crisis And You're Still Conventional - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The World Is In Crisis And You're Still Conventional (679 Views)

AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? / Top 10 Signs That You're Unhappy At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Is In Crisis And You're Still Conventional by sforte(m): 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2009
Hi,
I really believe we don't understand that times are changing; there is a global crisis. But Nigerians have not understood the urgency around us. If you listened to Obama's inaugural speech, two things stood out:

1. America is employing new methods to tackle the problems they face;
2. America will weaken their dependence on oil.

These two commitments by Obama pokes fingers in our eyes, but we still feel it's business as usual. God help us, by the time the western world is through with recession, ours would have just started.

Let's put on the creative hat and get unconventional. HCF (Hardwork, Creativity and Faith).

Drop a thread of things you need to change in your life. I just cut two hours off my sleep.
Re: The World Is In Crisis And You're Still Conventional by sforte(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2009
Wow! They really wouldn't want to change. That was the same attitude that got America into this mess, now they know better; complacency when the warning signals show.
It's a pity the crisis won't elude us. Attitude is everything.
Re: The World Is In Crisis And You're Still Conventional by AjanleKoko: 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
sforte,
Just out of curiosity, how is 2 hours less sleep related to the global crisis?
Empirically, staying awake longer means that you'll ultimately utilize more energy, cos you'll either read or watch TV or surf the web. Abi?

For us in Nigeria, the economic downturn is the least of our problems. In fact, we should be using the hoo haa as an opportunity to engage ourselves and our environment constructively. Which is what I'm going to do differently.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Pls,is There Any Difference Between It And Ict / Urgent Advice / Compressor Load Calculations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.