Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,239 members, 7,967,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Won’t Tolerate Indiscipline, Says Gov Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Tolerate Indiscipline, Says Gov Ortom (330 Views)

Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline Brigade / I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / I’ll Not Tolerate Indiscipline – New Army Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Tolerate Indiscipline, Says Gov Ortom by Amaudeogu(m): 12:36am On Jun 02, 2015
MAKURDI—Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, yesterday, said that he would be firm in dealing with issues bordering on indiscipline just as he would insist that the right thing must be done.

He spoke when he resumed for work officially at Government House in Makurdi, the state capital which was immediately re-named as the Benue People’s House.

“I have come with carrot and stick. No one would be punished unnecessarily except those who fail in their responsibilities. I will ensure that you succeed in your work.

“I will also not hide anything, this is the covenant I have made with God and the Benue people. I will insist that the right thing must always be done. I have imbibed the culture of excellence and not mediocrity. I want the best for Benue,” he said.

Addressing the over 500 staff at the complex, Ortom cautioned that his administration would not condone indiscipline, truancy and lateness to work.

The governor, however, pledged to be fair to all by ensuring that justice and equity prevailed in all his dealings by entrenching core values like discipline, selflessness, transparency and accountability.

His words: “I have come with carrot and stick. No one would be punished unnecessarily except those who fail in their responsibilities. I will ensure that you succeed in your work.

“I will also not hide anything, this is the covenant I have made with God and the Benue people. I will insist that the right thing must always be done. I have imbibed the culture of excellence and not mediocrity. I want the best for Benue.”

Ortom promised to reward those who work hard and punish the disobedient and lazy ones.

Responding, the Permanent Secretary Government House, Mr. Eugene Ivase, pledged the loyalty of the staff to the new administration.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-wont-tolerate-indiscipline-says-gov-ortom/#sthash.qhwUkbcm.dpuf
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Indiscipline, Says Gov Ortom by NeduLuiZ(m): 2:16am On Jun 02, 2015
Not business as usual for them pot bellied thugs

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Charges Corps Members On Fight Against Corruption / Serve Nigerians, not my husband, Aishat tells Buhari’s aides / Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.