Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,600 members, 7,914,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 (925 Views)

PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. / How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 by damiloladuke: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
The week that followed my entrance into NYSC was so hectic for me. I got sick and couldn’t eat for close to 3 days. It was not even the trauma and shock I had when we were robbed nor the fact that I was far away from home. I just got sick for no just reason, I probably wanted to go back home as that would even be the 1st time I will be travelling so far away from home.

The farthest I ever did then was when I was in my 400 level. I travelled down to Ekiti State to conduct a survey with one of my lecturers in the University, so travelling a long distance was never my thing. I also remembered travelling to Akure in Ondo state at a point to rescue a sinking relationship with my girlfriend of that time. Funny enough, we never saw throughout my stay in Akure. I came back to Lagos with pieces of the sunken relationship.

I was told by the Medical doctor at the clinic that I would need to be injected, which I totally objected to but I was told I had no option. I succumbed and watched this pretty lady draw down my white shorts and inserted that needle into my buttocks. I still can’t fathom in until today why I didn’t feel any pain on that day.

In the 2nd week in camp, some guys came in from Zenith Bank hoping to recruit corps members and asked that members that are between the ages of 20-22 should only apply. I wonder where they would see those set of people. Not in that age when you don’t gain admission into the University if you had not grown beards. Fortunately I would be 22 that same month, so I applied.

We had to sneak out of camp for the interview, and surprisingly, the interview was to be held in Onitsha. That morning, I dressed in my mufti and pretended to be one of these locals that come into camp to sell. I had given a guy my Khaki to help keep in his bag. I rolled up my trousers and walked out confidently. The security man at the gate did not even question me as I was no different from a buns seller.

I met some other corps members on my way out and we all headed down to Onitsha. Funny enough, we were just 3 that had the interview and we were those 3 that went there together. Others could not meet up in one way or the other.

After the interview, we were given a pack of Lunch and told if we were eventually taken, we might even be retained at the end of the service year. I thought to myself at that moment that this is just a blessing in disguise. While on the way back to the camp, I noticed my fellows just kept mute in the bus and I wondered what could be happening. We got to camp and went our way.

It was at that moment I realized my phone had been switched off since morning due to low battery. I took it to the batteries charger there in camp. Later in the evening when I switched on the phone ,a message beeped and it was from the bank asking me to forward my NYSC number and other details.

The message had been sent since afternoon. Then did I understand what was going on in the bus. The other corps members had received the message too but decided to keep mute, thinking I didn’t receive same message. I just smiled and called the man in charge, he asked me to forward the details, which I did. I thought e don set for me at that moment, my life don better.

On the day we were leaving camp, I was just so filled with joy and and trying to imagine how life would be serving in the bank. It was going to be massive, it was going to be a blast. I was going to flex. When it was time to get our PPA letters, I wasn’t as anxious as others since I knew where I was going. I got my call up letter and opened it. I just stood still at that moment like I had been stung by a jelly fish. I was posted to Igwebuike Boys Grammar School, Awka.

READ PART 3 AND 4 ON www.wenogetjob..com
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 by importexpert(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
I love the write up. But remember to post the other part here
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 by damiloladuke: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
importexpert:
I love the write up. But remember to post the other part here
kindly visit the blog
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 by ortopazz(m): 5:34am On Jun 14, 2015
ish is been to the blog and read all the stories, buh no follow up, your dulling those who wudda loved it....and still visited buh noo stories...

you write well though, nice write ups..., just be diligent and complete one of your stories ..,,, sai damo-----
Re: The Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Part 2 by damiloladuke: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
ortopazz:
ish is been to the blog and read all the stories, buh no follow up, your dulling those who wudda loved it....and still visited buh noo stories...

you write well though, nice write ups..., just be diligent and complete one of your stories ..,,, sai damo-----
am so sorry, joblessness has always made Mr chase after girls without time for my life... I got new posts though and I will be always be consistent as you advised.

thanks www.wenogetjob..com

(1) (Reply)

Accountant Needed / Research Officer At Australian High Commission, Abuja- 2015 / Graduate Trainee Pharmacists Needed In An International Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.