Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. (1327 Views)

N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 / Presidency Denies Freezing Jonathan’s Account, Says Allowances Not stopped / Presidency Denies Zahra Buhari's Twitter Account, Says It Has Been Compromised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by PhockPhockMan: 3:26am On Jun 04, 2015

Hearing in the Central Bank of Nigeria N8bn mutilated currency fraud suit continued at the Federal High Court, Ibadan on Wednesday as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission told the court that one of the accused persons, Mr. Ayodeji Alase, had N134m in one of his bank accounts.

The EFCC told the trial judge, Justice A.O. Faaji, that Alase, a primary six certificate holder, started work at First Bank as a guard before he was promoted to the position of a cash assistant.

The lead prosecution counsel for the EFCC, Mr. Rotimi Jacob (SAN), also told the court that the accused had property worth hundreds of millions of naira.

Alase, according to the anti-graft agency, has a duplex at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, a shopping complex, a warehouse at Podo, a fenced plot at Dugbe, a block of four flats at Apeye, two plots of land and five-bedroom flat in other parts of the state capital.

He was alleged to have a credit balance of N132m in one of his bank accounts.

The commission also alleged that Alase possessed a block of five-bedroom flat at Apete area of Ibadan and a supermarket at New Garage, Apata area of Ibadan.

Other accused persons, including Olaniran Adeola, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano and others were also said to own property in South Africa, filling stations, cement shops, schools, supermarkets, exotic cars and buildings in several locations in Nigeria.

One of the accused, Mrs. Afolabi Olunike, was alleged to be the owner of a duplex, several plots of land, a storey building and another three acres of land.

Earlier during the hearing, Alase had delayed court proceedings when he claimed not to understand English Language when charges were read to him. But Jacob rose to fault his claim, alleging that although Alase was employed as a guard, he rose to become a cash assistant in First Bank Plc.

Justice Faaji later ruled that an interpreter should be provided for Alase to ease communication between the court and the accused. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

On Wednesday, cases were heard before Justice Faaji in batches with the first set of accused persons slammed with a 28-count charge.

They are Kolawole Babalola, Olaniran Adeola, Toogun Phillip, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano, Oyebamiji Akeem, Alase, Ajiwe Adegoke and Idowu Oguntade, who is still at large.

Three officials of the CBN were among the accused, while others were from Wema Bank Plc and First Bank Plc.

The prosecution counsel, Rotimi, told the court that the accused persons were charged with a 28-count charge which included forgery of documents, conspiracy and stealing.

According to the charge sheet, the accused persons were charged with intent to defraud and conspiracy to commit an offence punishable under the Nigerian law.

They were also accused of sharing among themselves mutilated currency meant to be destroyed and destroying and defacing some boxes used to move the currency from one bank to the other. They all pleaded not guilty to all the charges and despite efforts of the counsel to the accused persons to secure bail for them through oral application, Justice Faaji ruled that they should be remanded in prisons pending further hearing.

The case was adjourned to June 8, 2015 for hearing of the bail application.

http://www.punchng.com/news/n8bn-scam-cash-assistant-has-n134m-in-one-account-says-efcc/
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Aminat508(f): 3:37am On Jun 04, 2015
shocked 8bn abi kinni? Chai
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by KingTom(m): 3:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Aminat508:
shocked
You no dey sleep? grin

Now these guys are thieves, and in China they hang thieves angry The fool claimed he doesn't understand english? Lord have mercy, a cash assistant has N134million in his account with properties everywhere shocked Damn!!! shocked I am proud of him, at least his people will say Woo Ayodeji Baba Owo grin grin grin

99 days for the thief and just one day for the owner.

Anyone of you guilty of misappropriation, go and confess now ooooo

2 Likes

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Vivalavida99(f): 3:58am On Jun 04, 2015
This guys are on a roll shocked

And one claim not to understand English, i guess he lodged his ill gotten millions with a Yoruba teller.

5 Likes

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Mczigx(m): 3:59am On Jun 04, 2015
No one can run away frm d law,justice mst prevail
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Many Nigerians who criticize government officials for stealing are not angry because they hate corruption, they criticize because they haven't had the opportunity to get there.

If you do an independent research, you ll find out that what many nigerians want is the 'democratization' of corruption and not its stoppage.

In other words, 'chop make you give me chance take chop my own'. That is what many are saying.

If Nigeria must win the war against corruption and official theft, we must begin to have a morbid disdain for corrupt people and live by example in our own little corners. May God help my country!

7 Likes

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by otokx(m): 4:13am On Jun 04, 2015
Some Nigerians will say they are doing well not knowing the source of the wealth is corrupt practices.

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by uztzjayhem: 4:26am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=34406097]Many Nigerians who criticize government officials for stealing are not angry because they hate corruption, they criticize because they haven't had the opportunity to get there.

If you do an independent research, you ll find out that what many nigerians want is the 'democratization' of corruption and not its stoppage.

In other words, 'chop make you give me chance take chop my own'. That is what many are saying.

If Nigeria must win the war against corruption and official theft, we must begin to have a morbid disdain for corrupt people and live by example in our own little corners. May God help my country! Sure, my brother I gbadun u too much

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 04, 2015
You see what greed could cause? a common school cert holder whose life God changed...and then comes greed. prison is calling..

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by uztzjayhem: 4:29am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=34406097]Many Nigerians who criticize government officials for stealing are not angry because they hate corruption, they criticize because they haven't had the opportunity to get there.

If Nigeria must win the war against corruption and official theft, we must begin to have a morbid disdain for corrupt people and live by example in our own little corners. May God help my country! Sure, my brother I gbadun u too much, dat is nothing but TRUTH. Many hate corruption and corrupt pple only because they don't have opportunity.

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by uztzjayhem: 4:39am On Jun 04, 2015
That is it my bro. Many pple hate corruption jst because they don't have d opportunity. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Young03(m): 5:16am On Jun 04, 2015
A primary six certificate holder
chai, WITH GOD ALL THINGS AR POSSIBLE!
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by stinggy(m): 6:24am On Jun 04, 2015
Vivalavida99:

And one claim not to understand English, i guess he lodged his ill gotten millions with a Yoruba teller.

Do you mind that swine.
I think lying he doesn't understand English should be included in the charges against him.
Omo ale jatijati angry

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Jorussia(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2015
.The EFCC should do a general probe of the activities of CBN for let's say the last 10years,and i am sure that the revelations the would eventually come out will shock this country. The corruption in CBN and NNPC i don't know the one that is more alarming self.

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by 3ace(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Many Nigerians who criticize government officials for stealing are not angry because they hate corruption, they criticize because they haven't had the opportunity to get there.

If Nigeria must win the war against corruption and official theft, we must begin to have a morbid disdain for corrupt people and live by example in our own little corners. May God help my country!
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by 3ace(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2015
KingTom:

Now these guys are thieves, and in China they hang thieves
In Nigeria, the law against
corrupt practices is too light and I will blame it on the executive and national assembly members who have refused to stiffen it. Imagine, the morons hurriedly passed 46 bills into law in 10 minutes. There was never a time
when they even considered ammending punishment for financial malpractice because they are also involved-bunch of morons. I pray
"the no business as usual" spirit of PMB won't die. As for the fool who said he doesn't
understand English; that's a fat lie! Speaking a language is even more difficult than understanding it and it will be difficult for him work in a banking environment without
understanding English. There are several primary 6 holders/security guards who can communicate in English even though they might not be fluent. He was just trying to frustrate court proceedings and he was a fool for thinking that will work.

1 Like

Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by KingTom(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2015
3ace:
corrupt practices is too light and I will blame it on the executive and national assembly members who have refused to stiffen it. Imagine, the morons hurriedly passed 46 bills into law in 10 minutes. There was never a time
when they even considered ammending punishment for financial malpractice because they are also involved-bunch of morons. I pray
"the no business as usual" spirit of PMB won't die. As for the fool who said he doesn't
understand English; that's a fat lie! Speaking a language is even more difficult than understanding it and it will be difficult for him work in a banking environment without
understanding English. There are several primary 6 holders/security guards who can communicate in English even though they might not be fluent. He was just trying to frustrate court proceedings and he was a fool for thinking that will work.
He simply proved beyond reasonable doubt, that he is indeed a standard six certificate holder, just see his reasoning smh. grin

As for the pot bellied thieves in the legislative house, we hope they get what they deserve! angry
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by omenka(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2015
First school leaving certificate holder?? Wow, somebody's got a lot of explaining to do, and I'm afraid it is never gonna make sense.

I think this would well be the first victim of the anti corruption crusade of this administration.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by omenka(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2015
3ace:
corrupt practices is too light and I will blame it on the executive and national assembly members who have refused to stiffen it.
Imagine, the morons hurriedly passed 46 bills into law in 10 minutes. There was never a time
Doing that is like putting a gun to their own heads and having someone who doesn't like them have access to the trigger.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by babdap: 8:48am On Jun 04, 2015
Agodi prison here you come.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2015
I thought the said na one tribe dey commit all the crime for Nigeria.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by ikaboy: 9:05am On Jun 04, 2015
A primary six certificate holder!

Dispatch Riders urgently needed. A knowledge of lagos routes. Please call 08067813738 if interested.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by PhockPhockMan: 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
3ace:
corrupt practices is too light and I will blame it on the executive and national assembly members who have refused to stiffen it.
Imagine, the morons hurriedly passed 46 bills into law in 10 minutes. There was never a time
It's left on the present administration to prove that they're truly agents of change.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by 3ace(m): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
omenka:
Doing that is like putting a gun to their own heads and having someone who doesn't like them have access to the trigger.
Lol, I know that but may the wind of change blow them away. We seriously need to curb this menace to move on.
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by Krucifax(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
The accused had property worth hundreds of millions of naira.

Alase, has a duplex at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, a shopping complex, a warehouse at Podo, a fenced plot at Dugbe, a block of four flats at Apeye, two plots of land and five-bedroom flat in other parts of the state capital.

Alase possessed a block of five-bedroom flat at Apete area of Ibadan and a supermarket at New Garage, Apata area of Ibadan.

Other accused persons, including Olaniran Adeola, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano and others were also said to own property in[b] South Africa, filling stations, cement shops, schools, supermarkets, exotic cars and buildings in several locations in Nigeria./b]

Mrs. Afolabi Olunike, was alleged to be the owner of a duplex, several plots of land, a storey building and another three acres of land.

Kolawole Babalola, Olaniran Adeola, Toogun Phillip, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano, Oyebamiji Akeem, Alase, Ajiwe Adegoke and Idowu Oguntade, who is still at large.

This people had more or less made it in life on the back of proceeds of crime. Corruption is in the blood stream. Buhari has a very tough job ahead!
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Krucifax:
The accused had property worth hundreds of millions of naira.

Alase, has a duplex at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, a shopping complex, a warehouse at Podo, a fenced plot at Dugbe, a block of four flats at Apeye, two plots of land and five-bedroom flat in other parts of the state capital.

Alase possessed a block of five-bedroom flat at Apete area of Ibadan and a supermarket at New Garage, Apata area of Ibadan.

Other accused persons, including Olaniran Adeola, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano and others were also said to own property in[b] South Africa, filling stations, cement shops, schools, supermarkets, exotic cars and buildings in several locations in Nigeria./b]

Mrs. Afolabi Olunike, was alleged to be the owner of a duplex, several plots of land, a storey building and another three acres of land.

Kolawole Babalola, Olaniran Adeola, Toogun Phillip, Ayodele Adeyemi, Isiaq Akano, Oyebamiji Akeem, Alase, Ajiwe Adegoke and Idowu Oguntade, who is still at large.

This people had more or less made it in life on the back of proceeds of crime. Corruption is in the blood stream. Buhari has a very tough job ahead!

Did anyone realize that those thieves are all from Sophisticated Region, South West.
And they are all YO-ROBBER PEOPLE

gringringringrin
Re: N8bn Scam: Cash Assistant Has N134m In One Account, Says EFCC. by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
Vivalavida99:

(1) (Reply)

NASS Election: Obasanjo Writes PMB / Nigerians react to the dissolution of NNPC board of directors on twitter. / Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency …set To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.