Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:58 AM

Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help (1155 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by makib: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2009
i lost my father over 20 years ago. His relatives took over his business empire and dumped my mother with 6 children(including me).
They refused to pay our school fees and left us to starve.
My dad was extremely rich, his business empire consisted of 3 hotels, 7 prominient boutiques, real estate, and fleet of brand new peuguot pick up trucks and pleasure cars.
My uncle's asked us to relocate to the village and register in the community primary school, only then would they pay our school fees. My mum declined and we were abandoned.
that was over 20 years ago.
today, my father's brothers want peace and claim to love us.
we're all graduates and millionares. I own a factory and some real estate. My brothers and i run a vast business empire with branches In Ghana, China, Hong Kong and ofcourse, our headoffice in Nigeria.
Nemesis, has caught up with my uncles, because they're all broke and jobless and heavily in debt, as i've learnt.
Now, they want forgiveness and unity, cos they're poor and we "the abandoned" are now the wealthy ones.
They need help with payment of school fees for their children and payments of their house rent.
My brothers have refused to forgive them and are urging me to do the same.
Do i allow their children to suffer for the sins of their parents
If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by debosky(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2009
This is truly very painful to handle. Being denied of everything by greedy relatives who now come back begging cap in hand.

If I were you, I would help out the children, possibly by paying their school fees directly, but I will not give 1 KOBO to the greedy uncles. They do not deserve any of it. I know it is hard, but please try to forgive. But by forgiving, you do not need to give them anything. Do what you can for the children who are innocent in all this, but leave the parents to their own devices.
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by MrCrackles(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2009
I am for forgiveness and forgetting!

But be careful not to get too close to them
!
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by samparian(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2009
Bros, i bet if you were poor like they wanted, they wont even come near you. cry
be careful with those people.
You'll forgive but dont forget who they are and what they did. Once greedy, always greedy. grin
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2009
africans are fked when it comes to the children of their late siblings. i read awo's memoirs . his dad died when he was 7 or 8. how did hew say it - even though his father died rich, upon his death , his nuclear family were instantly destitute. all awo got was an old shirt of his dad's - this because they all knew he was his dad's favorite child. as can be expected - a brother attempted to inherit awos mum - but she refused. . .
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by Outstrip(f): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
You can forgive them but don't give them a penny. Honestly I am saying forgive because I know it is the right thing to say. I don't think I would be as gracious. Even if you hated your brother's wife. What did innocent children do. In fact don't forgive
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by hotstuff06(f): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2009
Forgive them for your own wellness but don't spare a penny for them AND MAKE SURE U STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Advice the rest of ur siblings too, u never know they could even be behind ur father's demise. Forgive from a far far distance and don't even let whatever they are going through bother u one bit.
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by Akinagirl(f): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2009
I say help out the kids because they are innocent. Help them out directly but don't give your uncles a penny. Let them know what it feels like to be abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 19, 2009
forgive them but never forget who you are dealing with, then go and pay some community school for the kids and tell them to seek some other help for the rent. not a single dime extra, basta!
believe me, the minute you pity them,  that's when they are gonna go for the "kill"!!!!!!
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by AmakaOne(f): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2009
sad

Why are people so wicked?

Dumped your mom with six kids and nowthey expect those kids to come to their aid?

I have a problem with all this forgive and forget stuff sha.

I honestly believe that for one to orgive someone who has wronged you they have to be truly repentant for what they are asking forgiveness for.

Even God himself expects us to be truly repentant before he forgives us.
He just doesn't fotgive willy nilly.
Also forgiveness comes at a cost. One needs to make amends to the people that you have wronged when asking for their forgiveness.

Being forgiven is not a right but a priviledge bestowed on us by those whom we have wronged.

The thing you and your siblings have to ask yourselves is are these relatives truly repentant for what they have done to your family?
What have they done to make amends for their wrongdoing?
How is this whole forgiveness shebang going to impact on your lives and those of your imediate families?(Your mom included)

Simply coming to you cap in hand saying "forgive us" is not enough IMHO.
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by Jajatexa(m): 9:17am On Feb 19, 2009
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by tytylayor: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2009
i'll advice u to forgive, but forgetting? dat is left to u

if u'r willing to help d children, pay their fees directly into d school account, but as per d so- called uncles oo, i reserve my comments there
Re: Abandoned 20years Ago. Today They Want My Help by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Feb 19, 2009
I know this story too well. embarassed

Its hard to forget everything that has been done to you, your mother and siblings but please, try and remember that it wasn't the children that hurt you, it was their parents. There's no use breeding another generation of hate and resent.
Do not give money directly to them [the parents], instead pay the school fees of the kids and support them in anyway you can but allow their parents to die in penury if they want.

These useless people go about like the world is going to end today and forget there is always tomorrow. angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Mean? What Would You Think If Your Wife Was Postin Dis? / Candid Advice Needed / Pregnant Mother Accidentally Kills Her 2-year-old Son In Driveway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.