Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,698 members, 7,975,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:04 AM

Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan (2792 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides / Kayode Ogudamisi Tells Him To Declare Assets Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by TGM2015: 7:21am On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Guy I don't CARE whether forced or no forced, it is on record that Jonathan declared his Asset PUBLICLY in 2007. He's the only Public officer to do so with exception of Umaru Musa Yar'adua. Where is Buhari Asset? Where is that of Osinbajo?

Check the modified post, I rest the case there. Thank you.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by TGM2015: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1832:
TGM2015 the embolden says it all!. Barcanista has proven himself not only to be a political prostitute who carpet crossed for financial gain, but also a brainless e-warrior!.
It is no use debating with them anymore!.

Thank you.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 7:27am On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Guy I don't CARE whether forced or no forced, it is on record that Jonathan declared his Asset PUBLICLY in 2007. He's the only Public officer to do so with exception of Umaru Musa Yar'adua. Where is Buhari Asset? Where is that of Osinbajo?

Goodluck Jonathan Public Asset Declaration History:
Dep Governor- NO
Governor- No
Vice President- YES
President- No
Record: ONE RECORD

Muhammadu Buhari Public Asset Declaration History:
North East Governor- No
NNPC Chairman- No
Petroleum Min- No
Head of State- No
PTF Chairman- No
President- No
Record: NO RECORD

Yemi Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration History:
SA Minister of Justice- No
Attorney General, Lagos state- No
Vice President- No
did gej declare when he was a lecturer? No, so why wil u want buhari/osinbajo to declare as minister/commisioner, moreover has they completed their tenure? or did u think mr president wil suspend more important issue and answer ur call? I pray ooo, u better stop this ur noise and wait for surprise package of governance.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2015
drtwist:

Broda I don't insult when arguing.
GEj declare his Assets Incase you don't know . What that article was talking about is declaring public .

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/jonathan-has-declared-assets-bureau-chairman/
Is that so? After being forced right? So if he wasn't forced will he have declared his assets?. I already explained this point.... And I clearly remember him say "I don't give a damn"....
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 7:35am On Jun 05, 2015
Pheals:

that's the effect of hunger
grin grin Pheals, o bad gan o.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2015
TGM2015:

Thank you.
cool
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by TGM2015: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2015
Meanwhile, on thread link above this thread, I saw this

https://www.nairaland.com/2349391/why-buhari-didnt-make-assets
LAGOS—Aides of President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, explained why the president did not declare his assets publicly. They said he will make his assets known to Nigerians within the first 100 days of his stay in power in line with his assertions before the election.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/why-buhari-didnt-make-assets-public-aides/#sthash.V8QiNBFl.dpuf

So Barcanista and friends should give Him the time, to be candid a patriotic citizen of the current Nigeria should be more concern of insecurity and near economic/financial collapse of the country now than all this Certificate and Assets declaration saga. A better opposition of this day Nigeria should be busy given a constructive and developmental suggestions of solving the country's current problems of insecurity, dwindling economic financial resources and responsive governance not channeling his/her energy on reasons why the 6 days old government must make his asset declaration public and produce his WAEC certificate of which the Secondary school has release, testified by classmates and indirectly confirmed by Cambridge Website who create a dedicate webpage to address all issues raise against the examination in the year of the examination.

Above all, Buhari says according to news "I will publicly declare my assets", he has declared his assets in accordance with the law and promise through his aides that to declare according to the accredited campaign promise in 100 days in Office. I believe we should give a him a benefit of doubt for that and wait till 100 days in office.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Whether Jonathan said it or not is irrelevant. It is on record that onlt Jonathan and Yaradua has history of public Asset declaration.

Where is Buhari's Asset?

You are a hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Legitbaba(m): 8:00am On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1832:
Of course you only just showed that you know little or nothing about the constitution of Nigeria. GEJ didn't want to declare his asset, so?. It is constitutional for the president and VP to do so after being sworn into office.

Even Yar'adua never promised to declare his assets, he only did so because the constitution made it mandatory!.

Here we'll see the likes of you criticize narrow mindedly because you know little or nothing about the laws of the land!.

Barcanista, temitemi1, ecoterror, SeverusSnape, Oremussanctus, truckpusher, mizmycoli bla bla bla this thread await you to answer your mention.
Who is d fo.ol now...u know nothing abt d constitution.. pls quote were d constitution stated dah Assets should b declared publicly? Jonathan didnt make it public buh he declared it to d CCB which is according to d constitution... buh ur daura man "promised" to make it public buh hasn't done dat as at now
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by multikolour(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2015
ComradeAbu:
All TANoids should read this thread carefully!
Make this thread storm front page please @Mods
you are the most foolish and useless person I have seen, buhari promise to do so in his campaign but gej did not.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Legitbaba(m): 8:03am On Jun 05, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did gej declare when he was a lecturer? No, so why wil u want buhari/osinbajo to declare as minister/commisioner, moreover has they completed their tenure? or did u think mr president wil suspend more important issue and answer ur call? I pray ooo, u better stop this ur noise and wait for surprise package of governance.
So d more important things are travelling to chad nd Niger or appointed 15 special advisers??
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2015
TGM2015:

This was in response to barcanista's thread calling for Buhari's head to make his assets declaration public.
https://www.nairaland.com/2357817/meet-only-two-nigeria-leaders

Dude, Buhari Promised to declare his assets publicly. Stop comparing apples to oranges.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by TGM2015: 8:13am On Jun 05, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Dude, Buhari Promised to declare his assets publicly. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Try reading post above.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 8:14am On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Goodluck Jonathan Public Asset Declaration History:
Dep Governor- NO
Governor- No
Vice President- YES
President- No
Record: ONE RECORD

Muhammadu Buhari Public Asset Declaration History:
North East Governor- No
NNPC Chairman- No
Petroleum Min- No
Head of State- No
PTF Chairman- No
President- No

Yemi Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration History:
SA Minister of Justice- No
Attorney General, Lagos state- No
Vice President- No
Hahahahahaha! This man sabi make me laugh.
But don't worry, let's give Buhari some time. Am sure he will declare his assets.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2015
TGM2015:

Try reading post above.

I read the post many years ago and it doesn't make sense comparing it to a thread by Barcanista asking buhari to fulfil his promise.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by fulanimafia: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2015
Let me tell you, all the protection seeker does is use semantics and word play to coerce his opponents into abandoning their arguments especially when superior.

It is glaring that he has lost this argument, continue arguing at your peril. The smart ones have abandoned him to his deceit.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by abiambo(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2015
TGM2015:

PGEJ did not promise to make his asset public saying its against his policy, but the Daura President promised to make his public as its his principle, so y is he hiding it now
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2015
Legitbaba:

Who is d fo.ol now...u know nothing abt d constitution.. pls quote were d constitution stated dah Assets should b declared publicly? Jonathan didnt make it public buh he declared it to d CCB which is according to d constitution... buh ur daura man "promised" to make it public buh hasn't done dat as at now
And who is this morbid nitwit spewing haphazard thrash here?. Incase you have problem with your eyes, I employ you to start using glasses!.

Read thoroughly and understand very well before you quote randomly and show just how little you understand the points people make.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by TGM2015: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2015
abiambo:

PGEJ did not promise to make his asset public saying its against his policy, but the Daura President promised to make his public as its his principle, so y is he hiding it now

Why not wait till expiration of his 100 days in office as promise through his aides?
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Ivanspring(f): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
Following the constitution and fulfilling a promise are two different things. A promise is a promise. However, let's give GMB time. He's barely a week old in office.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2015
The problem we have in Nigeria is always focusing on the federal government forgetting other tiers and arms of government. I remember GEJ after open declaration of his assets as VP challenged Fashola to do same... he never did and nobody ever talked about it.

If you criticize GEJ for not declaring his assets public, why are you opening a thread to support Buhari for doing exactly what GEJ did.

If you, you can also invoke FOI and make CCB to release the assets declared by GEJ
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by abiambo(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2015
is 100 day what he promised during campaigns,
TGM2015:

Why not wait till expiration of his 100 days in office as promise through his aides?
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Ephemmm: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2015
“The law is clear. A public officer should declare his assets, and if there are issues, then the relevant agencies would have a basis to assess whether you have amassed wealth or not. When it is said that people should declare their assets in public, it is not only the President or the vice President, it includes everybody, incluidng Ministers"

The constitution stated that a public office holder should declare his assets; you didn't declare it as a President: you can't compel your ministers to declare their too. And you are here saying it is a matter of principle while the provision of constitution on this matter is evident, which you even attested to.

Another evidence to show that Otuoke's dullard knows nothing than drinking Ogogoro in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by ComradeAbu(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2015
multikolour:

you are the most foolish and useless person I have seen, buhari promise to do so in his campaign but gej did not.
Don't ever insult me or quote my write-up or else......
Last warning!
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by multikolour(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2015
ComradeAbu:
Don't ever insult me or quote my write-up or else...... Last warning!
OK shakau I have heard you I will not. but please don't send you boys after me.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by Legitbaba(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
joseph1832:
And who is this morbid nitwit spewing haphazard thrash here?. Incase you have problem with your eyes, I employ you to start using glasses!.

Read thoroughly and understand very well before you quote randomly and show just how little you understand the points people make.
oh...may b u dont understand d points u made either..go read it again... FYI...i dnt quote people randomly... i only quote iidiots like u who couldn't read through wah dey type b4 hitting d submit button
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
Legitbaba:

oh...may b u dont understand d points u made either..go read it again... FYI...i dnt quote people randomly... i only quote iidiots like u who couldn't read through wah dey type b4 hitting d submit button
Bla bla bla now piss off!.
Re: Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mykevp2p:
The problem we have in Nigeria is always focusing on the federal government forgetting other tiers and arms of government. I remember GEJ after open declaration of his assets as VP challenged Fashola to do same... he never did and nobody ever talked about it.

If you criticize GEJ for not declaring his assets public, why are you opening a thread to support Buhari for doing exactly what GEJ did.

If you, you can also invoke FOI and make CCB to release the assets declared by GEJ
You should direct this question at those who are shouting PMB did not make his asset public!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Agrees In Principle To Pay Workers Salary Arrears , Meets All State Gov's / BREAKING NEWS:UN Report Exposes Widespread Boko Haram Atrocities / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.