Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:48 PM

Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) (47260 Views)

IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos / IMSU Graduate Drowns In Soakaway Pit While Fleeing From Students Pouring Water / Pictures Of A Nairalander's Graduation/induction Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Urine: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2015
CoCoLav:
Very traditional. I like. Preparing for a lifetime of drama
Pun intended?
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by dave2meek(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2015
Op be serious
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by 2el(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Wrr I wud love to serve......

IMO state or cross river
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by buchilino(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Yustash001:
Did they have to walk half-unclad?...

personally am very proud of them, it shows d African way of life is not dead
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by mimicious(f): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2015
I came to see the unclothed
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by buccunmie(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2015
That is how the department induct their freshers. they call it 'initiation'. If you are in the department or you have a friend there, you will understand what they do during the initiation.
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by dozzynet(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2015
fpeter:
My revered Alma Mata.....Where are the great stars??
Good to know u are a graduate of Imsu. Graduated 2012.
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kockane:

Unclad??

*Runs into thread with jar of vaseline* kiss

What is this biko? angry

The Mod that brought this to the front page lacks integrity and must be sanctioned.

Ayoka, come and put this vaseline back on the shelf jare, these people are not serious. undecided

Unclad nikan kor, Jacquard ni. angry

*storms outta thread*

Leave it!
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
I just dey laff, many peeps in to see nudity
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by anigold(m): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
blazincruz:
This is a Formal Induction of Freshers into the Department of Theater Art in Imos state University in owerri. Freshers were spotted wearing white cloth with some white marks on their fore head…what do u think grin

Source:http://campushint.com/2015/06/pictures-of-the-day/

The op does not know the meaning of HALF-UNCLAD.

ITS means have naked.... grin

Big head..
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Onajevwe(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
How can you say a lady is unclad when I can't see no B00BS...

angry
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by pauladonis(m): 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
nonsense...
medical students, pharmacy students and others are only inducted after they have successfully completed their studies, but theatre arts will induct you even before you know the first thing about theatre... what a waste of time... and resources.
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
loll its even better here. Benue State university does theirs by midnight
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by CODEEATER(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
i love my department..but dis 1 no reach uniben own na..our own b lyk ocult initiation
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Mmalisticmma(f): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
No wonder some students are unconsciously initiated or possessed by the demons which later in life may not be traced. What kind of initiation is this? Thespians, as from today, I fear u pass mbaise people.
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by CODEEATER(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mmalisticmma:
No wonder some students are unconsciously initiated or possessed by the demons which later in life may not be traced. What kind of initiation is this? Thespians, as from today, I fear u pass mbaise people.
lol... Its our life..
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by Superman11(m): 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
IS that an idol on that boys head..... Native things ... Hope no sacrifice ooo
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by CODEEATER(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
let me jst try n xplain as quickly as i can wat theatre induction is..cuz it seems alot of folks r seeing spirituality where there isnt any..

I am a 2nd yr theatre arts student at the university of benin,i have been fully inducted and recently,participated in d induction of the newer generation...
Yes,it is normal to think demons n witchcraft n superstition,i did too in my first year,but as wit almst evrything in theatre,IT IS MAKE BELIEVE..its basically nothing but a well scripted n played out DRAMA,where d audience(freshers) nt jst observe but participate,..it is all acting...
As actors,evrytin we do must hav an element of believabilty,i.e ur viewers must feel dat wat dey behold is real...nw dat said..as actors,roles r often assigned,roles dat may involve sum form of spirituality or the oda,nd 1 must undrstand dat it is acting,nd so is nt real,in oda to hav dis understanding and to c nd knw wat is expected of them,they r put b4 wat is usually a horror scary play..students frm other levels of d same field take on roles to enlighten nd prepare d newbies mentally physically n emotionally 4 wat lyes ahead..i 4 1 was scared to shit durin my induction,wit scary lookin characters n figures,nt to mention creepy sounds,mouns nd crys frm all around as we processed to all theatre related structures witin d sch..btw,dis was at nyt,n it was raining lyk shit..dnt wnt to go into detail..a yr later i was choosen to play d role of a akolite(kinda lyk d assistant of a native doctor),we rehearsed 4 days until d day,n i go into my costume n makeup lookin lyk sum creep frm d undrwrld,then i got into character n 4 almst 2hrs we did our thing...its entertaing n educating at the same tym...WHAT EVER FORM OF SPIRITUALITY SEEN IS 100% ACTING...MAKE BELIEVE...SCRIPTED...IT ISNT REAL...

So dnt go tinkin us thespians r possed dudes n chiks...d dressing is called costume...cant b tryin to scare sum1 n u'r lukin lyk iceprince..makes no sence..d costume must match d role...
Its no big deal..we c stuf lyk dis evryday in home movies
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by chinedusamson(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
They are having a movie practice.... tongue
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by tsdarkside(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
are you sure this is theater??...it looks more like ancestor-whorship...[b]nicceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee;[/b]D grin grin
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by seunfape(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
i hope they v moved to their pam sit cause d temp site look more like secondary school nt even advance secondary sch.
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by IJIGGAH(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
I Welcome u all 2the stage as great thespians.The spirit is nw in u guys.I can remember mine(induction night)at the Benue state uni as an under-grauate.It was fun
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by KazukiIto(m): 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
mistypiper:
Where is the unclad cool

My brother! Ask them oh...

1 Like

Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by nitteuniversity: 2:30am On Jun 07, 2015
[size=14pt]Admission details for FOREIGN students

Nitte University is located at Derlakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka, India. It is formed under the Trust of Nitte University, a Trust sponsored by Nitte Education Trust which has established 31 institutions spread in 3 campuses at Nitte, Mangalore and Bangalore.

Academic Programs

Diploma Programs

* Electronics & Communications Engineering (Intake 60)
* Mechanical Engineering (Intake 60)
* Civill Engineering (Intake 60)
* Computer Science & Engineering (Intake 60)
* Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Intake 60)

Undergraduate Programs (B.E)

* Civil Engineering (Student Intake 120)
* Aeronautical Engineering (Intake 60)
* Computer Science & Engineering (Intake 180)
* Mechanical Engineering (Intake 180)
* Information Science & Engineering (Intake 120)
* Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Intake 60)
* Electronics and Communication Engineering (Intake 180)\

Course duration: 4 years

Post Graduate Programs

* M.Tech in Computer Networking Engineering (Intake 18)
* Master of Computer Applications - MCA (Intake 120)
* M.Tech. in Digital Communications &Netwotking Engineering (Intake 18)
* M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded Systems (Intake 18)
* M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (Intake 36)
* Master of Business Administration (Intake 120)
* M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering (Intake 18)
* M.Tech in Machine Design (Intake 24)
* M.Tech in Structural Engineering (Intake 24)
* M.Tech in Renewable Energy(Intake 24)

Course duration: 2 years

Research Programs(M.Sc Engineering / Ph.D)

* Management Studies
* Chemistry
* Electronics & Communication Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Computer Science & Engineering
* Mathematics
* Civil Engineering
* Physics
* Computer Applications

Admissions are purely based on Academic Records & FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.

NO ENTRANCE EXAMINATION - NO DONATIONS.

The Interested Foreign Students (FN/PIO/NRI) for admissions at NMIT shall apply directly to the office of Foreign Students Cell by sending the scanned copies of their transcripts, passport size photo graph and Passport copy and mail at :

Email: nitteuniversity@email.com
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by CoCoLav(f): 7:14am On Jun 07, 2015
Urine:

Pun intended?

Yelz

1 Like

Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by fpeter(f): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2015
dozzynet:

Good to know u are a graduate of Imsu. Graduated 2012.

you didn't even meet me...i left IMSU 2005, it's a decade...
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by dozzynet(m): 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
fpeter:

you didn't even meet me...i left IMSU 2005, it's a decade...
Good to know. How has life been?
Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by paronic: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
blazincruz:
This is a Formal Induction of Freshers into the Department of Theater Art in Imos state University in owerri. Freshers were spotted wearing white cloth with some white marks on their fore head…what do u think grin

Source:http://campushint.com/2015/06/pictures-of-the-day/

Theatre in Lagos, Have you tried it, It's growing and getting better every month. View and buy your tickets here also share link with friends: http://hangoutnigeria.com/product-category/tickets/

Re: Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) by normaljenny(m): 2:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Pls any theatre arts student in the house. Give me a link site I can get your course outlines or the website I can get a pdf of your text books

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh University Graduate Awaiting NYSC Dies In Her Sleep / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Schools Peter Obi Built & Over 100 Schools He Renovated & Upgraded As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.