Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,831 members, 7,930,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:37 AM

Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel (1013 Views)

Photo:goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize / Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel / Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by ijustdey: 6:27am On Jun 06, 2015
A public policy organisation on African affairs, the Africa Political and Economic Strategic Center (AFRIPOL) has recommended former President Goodluck Jonathan for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The organisation noted that the will of Alfred Nobel, the progenitor of Nobel Prize stated that Peace Prize be awarded to whoever “shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses”.

Accordingly the organisation the ‘peaceful way President Jonathan conceded to President-elect Buhari deserves the attention of Nobel Peace Prize committee. He may have not promoted “fraternity between nations” but he surely promoted fraternal peace among Nigerians by conceding power.’

The group maintained that the “concession speech by President Jonathan averted bloodshed, violence and imbroglio in the most populous country in Africa. This gesture by Jonathan [sic] buttressed to the whole world that Nigeria has joined the comity of civilized nations”.

http://leadership.ng/news/438861/jonathan-gets-nomination-for-nobel
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by kcpragmatik(m): 6:30am On Jun 06, 2015
FTC... Jonathan my man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by DeHero1: 6:32am On Jun 06, 2015
So the name Goodluck isn't a joke!

Names have meanings.

Meanings have impacts.
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Mynd44: 6:32am On Jun 06, 2015
I think Blatter should also get one then.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by ticker(m): 6:32am On Jun 06, 2015
Thank God. Haters go and hug transformer
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Jenny1010(f): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2015
Good news grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 06, 2015
Is this a joke or something? grin This yeye man left Nigeria in shambles yet some people insult the integrity of Nobel prize award by mentioning his name in the same sentence!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Emenahagos02(m): 6:40am On Jun 06, 2015
I long anticipated this. GEJ for 2019

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by omenka(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Mynd44:
Hahahaha. Throw in Alamieseigha and Allen Stanford and you get the Big Three. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2015
Goodluck is a man of peace

"My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian "........................ GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by tonyot(m): 6:44am On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ is the man

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Islie: 6:46am On Jun 06, 2015
Accordingly the organisation the ‘peaceful way President Jonathan conceded to President-elect Buhari deserves the attention of Nobel Peace Prize committee.

Are they saying any government or president that lost an election and the opponent is announced the winner should be given a noble price because he decides to abide by the rules of the electorateundecided

Am sure this price will just be like pure water if that is the case
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by bist: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by realtestament(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015
Accepting defeat as a commander in chief of d armed forces in Nigeria, i think he deserves it..

#who knows i would be hiding in a bush now holding ma AK-47 all because GEJ didn't accept defeat

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2015
Islie:

Are they saying any government or president that lost an election and the opponent is announced the winner should be given a noble price because he decides to abide by the rules of the electorateundecided

If the brainless one had done same in 2001 over 800 people including corp members would still be alive today. Furthermore go to Burundi and ask them about one Nkurunzizi

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by adonismuller(m): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Nice one
While some born to rule soak innocent people on the blood of baboon..
My great GEJ is soaking himself in awards..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by dridowu: 6:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Morning Peeps
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by adonismuller(m): 6:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Is this a joke or something? grin This yeye man left Nigeria in shambles yet some people insult the integrity of Nobel prize award by mentioning his name in the same sentence!! angry
go and retrieve it!
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by modath(f): 6:54am On Jun 06, 2015
A public policy organisation on African affairs, the Africa Political and Economic Strategic Center (AFRIPOL) has recommended former President Goodluck Jonathan for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Reading and understanding are too seperate things,I can bet this comments above were put together after barely skimming through the article! undecided

Do our people even bother to comprehend?, he was reccommended, there is no nomination yet let alone winning!!!

What da F is AFRIPOL? Another branch of TAN?

Folks shouting hero up & down to massage his ego & console themselves like the results were inconclusive and he took one for the team for peace's sake.. did he or did he not lose the election #yeyenatu
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Escalze(m): 6:54am On Jun 06, 2015
Good one....

Goodluck the HERO
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by 99100(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2015
Mynd44:

I can see pain and bitterness all over you. Sorry o ,ndo.

@topic,
Is it not the same Nobel that recognised the cultist ,Wole Soyinka but couldnt recognise the world acclaimed writer the late Achebe? mtchw.. Nobel my foot.

#GEJ our hero.
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Medley(m): 6:57am On Jun 06, 2015
how is this possible? Was he not squarely beaten in the elections? What special thing did he do when he knew he would be treated like gbagbo?

I trust Nigerians to sign petitions in change.com for outright repudiation and removal of the prize if he eventually wins.

This same people forget that he won't be held responsible for any crisis,if he had contested the result. Its is a right
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Pavore9: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Still a recommendation.
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by BENZINA(m): 7:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Islie:

Fool, don't pretend like you were not aware Nigeria was at the verge of collapse.
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by Mynd44: 7:05am On Jun 06, 2015
99100:

@topic,
Is it not the same Nobel that recognised the cultist ,Wole Soyinka but couldnt recognise the world acclaimed writer the late Achebe? mtchw.. Nobel my foot.

#GEJ our hero.
Now who is angry?
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by stinggy(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2015
99100:

@topic,

#GEJ our hero.

This age-long bitterness still persist?

My fear is that you do not pass it to your children and grand-children undecided
Re: Jonathan Gets Nomination For Nobel by LadyExcellency: 7:11am On Jun 06, 2015
Lots of bitterness here and there.

Only the people that know the value of life can value peace - Ngwakwe, 1995

Even Buhari knows and always commend Jonathan for saving countless lives of innocent women and children by making that minute call.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers / Breaking:apc Governors Set For Emergency Meeting Over Senate Presidency, Speaker / Pope Accepts Resignations Of 2 US Bishops Over Sex Abuse Cover-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.