Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,822 members, 7,966,031 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! (495 Views)

Hilarious But True: Growing Up With Siblings ( Pics) / Throw Back Pic Of Tales By Moonlight. / NSCDC Arrests Five Labourers For Raping Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! by AmesRodriquez: 6:44am On Jun 06, 2015
Hi Everybody,

For a job to be properly done and for a sound output, the well-being of the staffs need to be considered and a conducive environment provided, policies that are detrimental to the well-being of the staff should not be enforced on people and people should not be exploited.

My questions are,

* Why should new policies be enforced on the warehouse without consideration on the effect it will cause to our health?

FIRSTLY,

ware house for eight hours standing.

SECONDLY,

conditions are very poor and no proper ventilation is being catered for.

THIRDLY,

more break and you cant leave the warehouse on any excuse except you are dying.

To the appropriate bodies I address our complains to

How would you feel Mr. CEO, Human Resource Department, Senior Managers, Corporate Offices, Operations and to every Department responsible for making JUMIA what it is today, how will you feel if you are being placed under such conditions

Let look at the following scenarios together:

Assuming your son was standing in the ware house where he was working and stood for 24 hours which is 3 days and on the fourth day when he came to work he slumped due to leg pain and as we speak they are hanging his leg in the orthopedic hospital will you be happy to hear that. Probably it could be your brother , sister, son or daughter that undergo the same situation and fell down and while falling the person heat his or her head on the table and now needs surgery.

It could be your loved ones in the same situation standing for 40 hours a week how do you expect the child to feel at home, accidents can happen to anybody.

To the almighty operations that brought in this law of standing to work to what aim is this law brought into enforcement, I clearly remember the days of black Friday the work was stressful most of us worked 24 hours and there was no law like standing all day to work. I also did check the bylaws of a standard procedure of a warehouse and there is no place I saw where you stand to work all day.

Let do the math’s 8 hours per day, 4 hours a week and 160 hours a month of standing to work please create the picture in your mind and please tell yourselves the truth what will be the outcome.

Maybe the laws should be enforced for each and every staff of jumia , AIG that we all stand to work and after a week will come back and draw out an analysis to see if the law is worth it and if the work will be properly delivered.

To MR APOORVA who keeps bringing in new laws, you delay salaries till when you feel like. Now you’ve said we work standing for 9 nine hours. Just recently you also said no more breaks except the person is dying , please kindly tell the whole house what your aim is, is it to cripple peoples kids or to render Nigerians youth helpless after working in the office?

Please we plead that the appropriate bodies think of this new policy and please provide the necessary measures for both the new & world ware house that will enable us to work well.

I WANT TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO THANK EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR TAKING OUT TIME TO READ THIS MEMO.

THANKS
Re: Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! by Merlissa(f): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015
This is just sad!!

What they can't do in another countries, they want to do it in Nigeria!!!
Re: Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! by Proffdada: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015
This is sad
Re: Sad But True! Tales By Jumia Labourers! by pryd(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2015
This is horrible!

(1) (Reply)

#sad! Adeola Ends Her 'keeping It Real Program' Due To Her Encounter With Mugabe / Human Immortality / Obama Celebrates Gay Marriage Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.