Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,593 members, 7,892,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:38 AM

Keeping A Pet: How To Care For Your Pet - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Keeping A Pet: How To Care For Your Pet (631 Views)

I Just Got My First Pet. How Can I Train Him In Becoming A Beast? / Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / I Want To Have A Snake As A Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping A Pet: How To Care For Your Pet by SleekyP(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2015
Owning a pet comes with added responsibilities. All pets require time, money, and love in addition to the specific needs of each animal and breed. Find out how you can take good care of your pet.

1. Make sure you have a budget set aside for adequate care. Pets are not very expensive, but there will be expenses from time to time. Expenses could include, visits to the vet, body care products, food and toys.

2. Ensure you schedule regular visits to the vet. Pets require regular check ups to spot any condition before it becomes serious. Make sure your pet is on schedule for shots and vaccinations, and you ask the doctor to educate you on what signs to look out for incase of any condition.

3. Ensure you provide food that meets the nutritional needs of the food. Cheapest might not necessarily be the healthiest. Do not feed them with your food, as the human food might contain certain ingredients that are harmless to your pet. With the advice of the vet, as for a list of meals that will keep your pet healthy.

4. You need to create the time to play with them and shower them with affection. Playing with them ensures they get exercise and mental stimulation. Buy toys and play-sets for you and your pet to use together. Occasional treats are good to encourage good behaviour.

5. Create a regular cleaning schedule and stick to it. Clean your pets every 2-3 weeks to avoid disease and bad odor. Clean their cages daily. Some vet clinics have cleaning facilities for pets. For hairy pets, brush their fur regularly.

Re: Keeping A Pet: How To Care For Your Pet by SleekyP(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2015
cc: Seun angry cool

(1) (Reply)

Cats For Sale / Need A Dog In Edo State / How To Use Neem Oil In Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.