Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,321 members, 7,881,181 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:58 PM

Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. (8640 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
From all the comments Im seeing here on naira land I can SW is the real problem of this country. What makes you guys think that only tinubu can influence PMB you all think that APC belongs to the SW and some parts of the North alone. Well it's now clear why PMB made his statement in quote " I belong to everyone and no one". grin
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
SUBWAY101:
Lmaooo @ Tanoids. Looking for every ways to paint GEJ good.

me ain't a PDP loyalist, Buh I think GEJ is d best President we ever had, I voted PDP out because they re corrupt , Well let's see wat APC can do

God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
luchy34:
From all the comments Im seeing here on naira land I can SW is the real problem of this country. What makes you guys think that only tinubu can influence PMB you all think that APC belongs to the SW and some parts of the North alone. Well it's now clear why PMB made his statement in quote " I belong to everyone and no one". grin

lolz,, wen Buhari make tat statement Thiefffnubu Eye Big ones. lolz
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Brobdingnagian lie!!

talentarena:
Buhari shocks APC, consults Jonathan on choice of ministers; asks ex-president to nominate-

Indications emerged on Friday that President Muhammadu Buhari holds regular discussions with the immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan

and other former presidents, including Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Olusegun Obasanjo, Yakubu Gowon and Shehu Sagari on who becomes members of the next Federal Executive Council (FEC). The move came against the backdrop of unrealistic demands of national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and some other chieftains of the party. 

This also informed the recent decisions of the Presidency to keep away from them major and crucial decisions of government. President Buhari, having learnt lessons from the overbearing influence of some godfathers of the immediate past government of the now opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) which affected the fortunes of the party in the last general elections, may have begun secret consultations with former President Goodluck Jonathan on the choice of new ministers, special advisers and other appointments at the federal level. 

The president, who confided in some friends of Mr Femi Adesina, his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, who visited him at Defence House, Abuja on Friday, disclosed that he had specifically consulted Jonathan and asked him to forward names of those he considers competent and fit for appointment as ministers. Sundiata Post reports that friends of Mr Femi Adesina, immediate past Managing Director of The Sun Newspapers, comprising members of Nigerian Guild of Editors and his friends from defunct Concord Newspapers, whom had worked with Adesina in the days of Concord, paid a ‘Thank-You’ visit to Buhari at his Defence House residence in Abuja on Friday. 

A source from Defence House told our correspondent that Buhari told the friends of Mr Adesina who came to thank him for the choice of Adesina as Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, that he would run an all-inclusive government against the thoughts of Bola Tinubu and some APC caucuses, saying: “I will run all-inclusive government here.” He described Nigeria as an aircraft and Tinubu and the APC as pilots. 

The president said they might know and consider what happens to passengers after the long journey but would forget that governance goes beyond one or two terms, adding that he would not allow selfish and parochial interest of anybody, no matter how highly placed, to override good and corruption-free governance. The source said, “Nigerians will be shocked when President Buhari completes the list of who becomes ministers, advisers and all other key positions in a few weeks. By the time the National Assembly receives the list, even Tinubu will be shocked because like the man said during the inauguration he is ready to work for everybody and nobody.” 

The source told Sundiata Post further that President Buhari “is ready and willing to work with anybody in any part of the country in as much as the person abides by the philosophy of his government and is ready to live a corruption-free life”. It added that “those that are perceived corrupt by Nigerians can also work with him if they have decided to turn a new leaf.” Sundiata Post recalls that this is not the first time President Buhari would work secretly with the former President Jonathan since they had once worked together for the emergence of the former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina as the newly- elected President of African Development Bank (AfDB).

http://talentarenaafrica.com/2015/06/06/breaking-news-buhari-shocks-apc-consults-jonathan-on-choice-of-ministers-asks-ex-president-to-nominate/
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by chinedusamson(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
I see the movie...24 shocked
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Taryehmiseh(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
GEJ is better,he only won based on tribalistic sentiment.
Hausa voted for their own (Buhari)
Yoruba voted for their own (Osinbajo)
Not all yorubas,we at Ekiti voted for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
If it's true,Buhari should just do his job and stop talking.I dislike talkative.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Until you seat on that seat, you no fit understand am
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by koma1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Yoruba voted for their own (Osinbajo)[/quote]

Ibo and ijaw voted for their own (Jonathan)
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by estacyresource: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Win Up To $4,000 In Africa 2015 Agility Photo Competition

http://youthopbank..com/2015/06/win-up-to-4000-in-africa-2015-agility.html

1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by estacyresource: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Juventus 1-3 Barcelona: Suarez, Rakitic & Neymar deliver Champions League glory

http://betygist..com/2015/06/juventus-1-3-barcelona-suarez-rakitic.html

Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by ABEngine(m): 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
You wish to steer a ship right, you would be needing clear navigation coordinates from those whom have had their turns in the turbulent waters called Nigeria. I believe if this holds any portion of truth, Buhari is actually on a course to change. This is where he applies the lessons learnt from previous regimes, therefore, there is nothing entirely wrong with such moves.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Tnycee(m): 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
...and their own has not been able to put them through... grin. He still needs advice from "Our Own" (GEJ) wink

EverestdeBliu:
Yoruba voted for their own (Osinbajo)
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by estacyresource: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hmmm!!! Davido set to graduate from Babcock University

http://nigerianewsnetwork..com/2015/06/hmmm-davido-set-to-graduate-from.html

1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by Fearcom(m): 12:06am On Jun 07, 2015
bunmititi:
the bastard of daura is a big disappointment and a failure

Hater with a potentially High B.P grin
Re: Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. by kingofdemons: 12:17am On Jun 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Oya mi lenu oo....ko ma to ran won je

I want to fork you kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Definition Of "Wailing Wailers" / You Can Now Call The Acting Inspector-general Of Police-08059666666 / Alao Akala, Former Oyo State Gov Defects To APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.