Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,315 members, 7,967,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:09 AM

My Opinion On One Week Of Buhari Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On One Week Of Buhari Government (478 Views)

CBN Illegally Funding Buhari’s Government, Says Sanusi / There’s A Cabal In Buhari's Government - Kwara APC / Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On One Week Of Buhari Government by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
It is MY OPINION. It is not meant to be a comparison. I'll take it with subheadings
Buhari the man: He's physically fit. He's carried on with so much activities belying his age. He's also carried on with dignity befitting the office, avoiding distractions so far.

His politics: He's carried out a coup by alienating his backers. During the campaigns all shades of characters converged around him ready to feast on the glory of power. After victory, he's shoved them aside preferring to be his own man.

The Economy: Nothing on the economy. Not even Policy statement. We could do with somebody saying something on fuel supplies, exchange rate or unemployment.

Foreign Relations: That's where we've seen more activities. The President has been reaching out and Nigeria is regaining the respect of international community. Still no policy direction to the left or right.

Anti-corruption: Not much except Head of Service directing permanent secretaries not to abdicate their roles to the cabinet Ministers.

Security:[/b]The Service Chiefs who are uncertain about their jobs appear to have slowed down the tempo of activities in the North East. The result of Buhari's trips to Chad and Niger has not been felt.

[b]Others:
The president needs to announce some key appointments to get the administration going; Secretary to the Government, Chief of Staff and NSA among others. Overall the government lacks traction. And Nigerians are not in the mood to wait. Hopefully next week we'll begin to see some forms of activities after the legislature is inaugurated. If not, the change refrain will start to turn to a dying echo.
Re: My Opinion On One Week Of Buhari Government by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
I'm sure they are not just sitting down and looking, work would definitely be in progress.

Some people be saying they now have Buhari light, meaning since the inauguration they've been having power more constant compared to when GEJ was on. And it's just one week , can't believe so much has happened in just one week!

(1) (Reply)

Court Refuses To Stop Gbajabiamila’s Speakership Bid / N’assembly: Saraki Becomes Senate President, Dogara Speaker / Jega Failed Woefully In Rivers And Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.