Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,437 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election (1402 Views)

APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
The governing All Progressives Congress,APC, has nominated Senators Ahmed Lawan from Yobe and George Akume from Benue State to run as the party’s candidates for the office of Senate President and Deputy Senate President respectively in Tuesday’s election at the National Assembly.
In an election held at the International Conference Centre Abuja Saturday night, Mr. Lawan scored 32 votes, while Akume got 31 to emerge as Deputy Senate president.

Two votes were declared invalid.
The APC has 59 Senators in the 109- member Senate.
Announcing the result, the returning officer of the election, Mala Buni, who is the APC’s national secretary, said by the result, Messrs Lawan and Akume are now the recognised candidates of the APC for the office of Senate president and Deputy respectively. Senators loyal to another candidate, Bukola Saraki, boycotted the election.

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Apc!!!!!! Scatter!!!!!!!!
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by SeverusSnape(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sai Lawan
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Oponu!

4 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by garrix8: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Which sewer did M0R0Nic dumbfucks like you crawl out from??

You've never made any sensible comment since you joined this forum, you've been a waste of valuable space.

Now get lost from this thread, you this pathetic scallywag!!!

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Sai Lawan
Y u want lawan?
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tinubu is a master strategist..........a modern day Machiavelli. I hail o Jagaban!

Please do all within your power to stop Saraki.......God will help you.

5 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by SeverusSnape(m): 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Y u want lawan?
You no know say na North get Nigeria? grin
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by dustmalik: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
APC simply does it best.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by fkaz(m): 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu successfully install Buhari/Osinbajo as president and vice president

Now installing Ahmed Lawan, George Akume and Femi gbajabiamila as national assembly leaders

Guess Where next?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
More!

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Voting in Progress!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Dannyset(m): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Everything settles on Tuesday. All these na mirage.
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
If bukola saraki had a chance of becoming Senate President yesterday, his opponents just killed it with emergence of femi gbaja masterstroke!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
Counting now going on!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by tociano009(m): 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
D
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by adonismuller(m): 11:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nigeria is now all about APC this APC that,before it was all about PDP...
Same old shi*t different air refresher...
I am fed up!!!
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2015
Clerverly:

Oponu!
Is dat ya father's name?
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by ogele: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2015
I just like d way APC is dealing with those folks who left PDP. First it was Kwakwanso that was denied d presidential ticket, then Amaechi lost out in Rivers State. Now Bukola Saaraki has lost the senate president bid. Next to lose the SSG is Amaechi. Am just too happy how PDP stayed out and d decampees to carry their cross. Hit like if u want Lawan, click share if u want Bukola Saraki. For me Lawan is better.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by zik4ever: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2015
Is that Senator-elect Kwankwaso I see there? Ah, it’s going to be a tough one for Saraki then! The PDP Senators are divided though, some are for Saraki and a few for Lawan so it’s still dicey -too close to call but if Gbaja gets it in the House on Tuesday, Saraki won’t fly. Let’s see which of the chambers seats first on Tuesday -wish they start seating at same time -the usual 10am.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by dustmalik: 12:14am On Jun 07, 2015
zik4ever:
Is that Senator-elect Kwankwaso I see there? Ah, it’s going to be a tough one for Saraki then! The PDP Senators are divided though, some are for Saraki and a few for Lawan so it’s still dicey -too close to call but if Gbaja gets it in the House on Tuesday, Saraki won’t fly. Let’s see which of the chambers seats first on Tuesday -wish they start seating at same time -the usual 10am.
I would prefer a situation where the two houses start the process at the same time.
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by donphilopus: 12:20am On Jun 07, 2015
zik4ever:

It's gonna be the Senate first. I could remember I sneaked out of somewhere to watch the inauguration/election to saw Tambuwal in, in 2011. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by donphilopus: 12:23am On Jun 07, 2015
dustmalik:

I would prefer a situation where the two houses start the process at the same time.

I'm not sure it can be done that way. I guess the Clerk to the National Assembly must be present during the duo!
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 07, 2015
Gbaja is a sure bet; Lawan is dicey.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Clerverly: 12:35am On Jun 07, 2015
It has ended! And Lawan has it! Congratulations!!

Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 07, 2015
Lawan should not celebrate yet.
Re: Lawan Wins APC Primaries , As Saraki Boycotts The Election by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2015
If Saraki is still running with Ali Ndume, he is more likely to lose than win. However, if he is running with a prominent PDP senator from South East, he is more likely to win than lose.

(1) (Reply)

General Abdulsalami Abubakar At 73, By Dele Agekameh - Must Read / Buhari Stops Payment Of Allowances To N/delta Ex-militants/foreign Students / PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo, Tinubu Others Attended Sen. Mamora's Mum's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.