Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:41 PM

PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker (3046 Views)

Dogara Built House At Wuse, Abuja Within 6 Months As Speaker - Sahara Reporters / Plot To Remove Dogara As Speaker Causes Tension In House Of Reps / APC Rejects Saraki, Dogara As Senate President, Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 07, 2015
I think it will be very Myopic to believe emergence of dogara will
favour PDP. i bliv d North is playing a smart one.

If PDP decide to give Dogara block vote, they will only be doing
Buhari and d North a big favour. The truth is dat Gbajabiamala is
more likely to oppose Buhari than Dogara. If i am Buhari, i will
secretly wish Dogara wins. And Dogara will be loyal to APC even
if most of his votes comes from PDP.

In d case of Tambuwal and Jonathan, Tambuwal only opposed
Jonathan because he is from North west. And for him to be love
in Sokoto and bcome governor, he knew he can only get that by
opposing Jonathan. And it work for him.

In d case of dogara, he will work in d general interest of d North.
which will be giving Buhari all d support he needs.

d PDP reps are not silly enough to support Dogara. because
Gbajabiamala will favour PDP more. because when Southwest
have issue with Buhari in d future, they will use Gbajabiamala
alongside PDP members to fustrate Buhari.

You can see even Dogara is already quoting Buhari as the reason for his rejection of the primary. According to him he will obey Buhari rather than the NWC of APC. Dogara will be a strong Buhari loyalist

On d positive side, For Buhari to make a drastic change in Nigeria, he needs a very loyal Speaker and senate president. On that Note, Dogara as speaker will be best for Buhari and Nigeria as long as Buhari maintained his passion and integrity for a better Nigeria.

But on geo-politics, it will be bad for Nigeria. The North will now have d President, Senate president and Speaker at d same time. This will cause a skewed government. The govt willl lack balance in composition and idea.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by DickDastardly(m): 8:08am On Jun 07, 2015
Thats what is right.
We dont need any Thiefnubbu stooge. We rather go with the Dullard than a known droopy eyed drug felon.
cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by ernecy(m): 8:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Am jus watchin in 5D, wateva d outcome, am cool with it

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by ojutiku1: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2015
booked
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2015
Conspiracy theory
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by rapthugx(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2015
It does not matter
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Benzzle: 9:20am On Jun 07, 2015
PDP should better not vote in bloc,everybody vote who you want and not who party wants...beside Dogara is from North West with the president and this is not right
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by condralbede(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2015
On point
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2015
I thought PDP was no more relevant?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Dezzx(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2015
Benzzle:
PDP should better not vote in bloc,everybody vote who you want and not who party wants...beside Dogara is from North West with the president and this is not right
oga Ade, Dogara is from the North East.
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2015
It will please me more to see the north cart away every position than to have Baba Chicago's convicted tout lawyer occupy the Speakership.

At the end of the day you Yorubas will have nothing but clutching and starring at your diks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by mrvitalis(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2015
Some tribe that love palm oil... will so learn a big life lesson.. .. .. don't ever trust the north

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 07, 2015
lol.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by san316(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2015
I agree with you on this. Gbajabiamila has more political value to PDP than Dogara. Dogara has no influence in Bauchi and in case of disagreement with PMB(which will never happen) he cant hurt his political fortune. Let me not even waste my time. Satanists are foolish.
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by PassingShot(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2015
OP, your analysis is spot-on.

It is same reason APC prefers Lawan to Saraki.

At the end of the day, I think it's too-close to call between Lawan and Saraki while Femi Gbaja will coast to victory in the HoR.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by walemoney007(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2015
mrvitalis:
Some tribe that love palm oil... will so learn a big life lesson.. .. .. don't ever trust the north
Nigerians lik u who dont learn and know about d country history are fools,a yoruba man is d vp,what position is ur tribe man occupyin in dis govt.azikwe formed a govt wit bello in d first republic.tofa won in 3 out of d 4 ssouth eastern state in d 1993 election,av neva seen a yoruba man callin ibos names because of dat,u need to grow up and stop showin d world ao stup!d and daf.t u are

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2015
atbu1983:
I think it will be very Myopic to believe emergence of dogara will
favour PDP. i bliv d North is playing a smart one.

If PDP decide to give Dogara block vote, they will only be doing
Buhari and d North a big favour. The truth is dat Gbajabiamala is
more likely to oppose Buhari than Dogara. If i am Buhari, i will
secretly wish Dogara wins. And Dogara will be loyal to APC even
if most of his votes comes from PDP.

In d case of Tambuwal and Jonathan, Tambuwal only opposed
Jonathan because he is from North west. And for him to be love
in Sokoto and bcome governor, he knew he can only get that by
opposing Jonathan. And it work for him.

In d case of dogara, he will work in d general interest of d North.
which will be giving Buhari all d support he needs.

d PDP reps are not silly enough to support Dogara. because
Gbajabiamala will favour PDP more. because when Southwest
have issue with Buhari in d future, they will use Gbajabiamala
alongside PDP members to fustrate Buhari.

You can see even Dogara is already quoting Buhari as the reason for his rejection of the primary. According to him he will obey Buhari rather than the NWC of APC. Dogara will be a strong Buhari loyalist
quote me anyday n time, pdp aint like apc, they obey their president no matter which party, tribe or gender the person is from. I thought u guys want d best for d country not knowng u hide under party to cause wahala. So u mean dogara will be faithful to buhari n apc but femi wont, n you want pdp to support someone who will bring disaffection n chaos in nigeria? People make una come see wetin dem done dey plan o......
Buhari shud be careful wif dis south wasterners o, i smell somethng fishy in dis their union.
Yaradua rip!
Discovered by a yorrober.
Destroyed by a yorrober.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

quote me anyday n time, pdp aint like apc, they obey their president no matter which party, tribe or gender the person is from. I thought u guys want d best for d country not knowng u hide under party to cause wahala. So u mean dogara will be faithful to buhari n apc but femi wont, n you want pdp to support someone who will bring disaffection n chaos in nigeria? People make una come see wetin dem done dey plan o......
Buhari shud be careful wif dis south wasterners o, i smell somethng fishy in dis their union.
Yaradua rip!
Made n destroyed by a yorrober!

Bro i am not a yoruba guy. i am Edo. From Edo central in particular. My senator, house of rep and state house of assembly members are all PDP. Although i am a strong supporter of Buhari. I preferred Buhari to Jonathan. i am only giving analysis. For me Dogara as speaker is ok. but i am not confortable with North having President, Senate president and speaker all at the same time. it will be bad for balance and geo-politics.

It will be unfair to South South, South East and South West if we completely removed zoning from Nigeria politics. Politics is a game of number. Without zoning, north will hold all major positions in Nigeria for eternity. With d fact that d North marry much earlier than d south today and give birth to more children than us from south, their strenght in number will continue to rise. Hence zoning is important.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2015
atbu1983:

Bro i am not a yoruba guy. i am Edo. From Edo central in particular. My senator, house of rep and state house of assembly members are all PDP. i am only giving analysis. For me Dogara as speaker is ok. but i am not confortable with North having President, Senate president and speaker all at the same time. it will be bad for balance and geo-politics.
so y aint u campaigning for dat edo guy for hor speaker? Una no cherish am or what? Is he not fit to sit on dat seat? Or u prefer an outsider to ur own just like u guys prefered buhari to jona. Bobo we r talkng abt change, anything that will bring change to dis country is ok by me even if only ine section of d country or even one tribe produces all the ministers n occupy all sensitive post in d country. Its ok by me bros, so far they work n dont disappoint. Abi no be wetin u want?
If people could say na only buhari dey credible for d entire country to lead petroleum ministry then why disagree with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so y aint u campaigning for dat edo guy for hor speaker? Una no cherish am or what? Is he not fit to sit on dat seat? Or u prefer an outsider to ur own just like u guys prefered buhari to jona. Bobo we r talkng abt change, anything that will bring change to dis country is ok by me even if only ine section of d country or even one tribe produces all the ministers n occupy all sensitive post in d country. Its ok by me bros, so far they work n dont disappoint. Abi no be wetin u want?
If people could say na only buhari dey credible for d entire country to lead petroleum ministry then why disagree with them.

We are realist. The Edo guy can't win. Majority of the house of rep members from edo state are PDP members. And in d whole of other south south states, all d house members are PDP. So there is no way he can win with zero home advantage. I think d edo guy should hustle for Majority Leader.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by NnamdiN: 11:20am On Jun 07, 2015
if pdp would be doing buhari a favour then why is it bothering you? Abi is buhari not in apc anymore? Shey yall want the northerners at the helm of affairs, the pdp guys would give them all the support they need to get there grin let them have it alllllllllllll lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:22am On Jun 07, 2015
atbu1983:

We are realist. The Edo guy can't win. Majority of the house of rep members from edo state are PDP members. And in d whole of other south south states, all d house members are PDP. So there is no way he can win with zero home advantage. I think d edo guy should hustle for Majority Leader.
y do u think he cant win? As he consult? Dont u think pdp will even want to work wif him than others?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by eagleeye2: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2015
Is that not what the whole of South West want. I want to see a government of the North by the North and for North.

Please let the Northern Oligarch rule Nigeria, I careless who it favors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

y do u think he cant win? As he consult? Dont u think pdp will even want to work wif him than others?

PDP only have about 125members and APC about 214 members in d house. You need about 180members vote to win if there are only two candidates in d election.You cannot win just by PDP votes. You need about 55votes from APC even if all d PDP members vote for you. Where will he get it from?
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by ezugegere(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2015
I wish the north cart away all!
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by HzRF(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
op
u dont get it someone is afraid of loosing his investment
which constitution okays primary election for NASS for pete sake
tinubu knows pdp are ready to pay him hence use oyegun [whom he install as chairman]to work out a plan to beat pdp
gbaja is d most qualified but the tag :tinubu candidate is nt helping matters
saraki cant bow for <tinubu cuz he got crown on his head>
pdp will surely vote against d two expect u guys work it out before tuesday mind u 1 day is over long in politics
saraki will definately clinch d senate with his 35 already in his kitty = 49 from pdp if pdp dont pull a stunt
dogara need to work on d absentees dat didnt attend d primary if he could sway dem to his syd congrat to him pdp will do d rest

what can be more of help to pdp dan having a deputy speaker ,a former pdp member ,with tangible committees as head ,a former member as senate president whom got their thanks to his <political enemies> vote

there are lot of permutations concerning d advantages and d disadvantages but all in all minimizing tinubu influence is a good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
atbu1983:

PDP only have about 125members and APC about 214 members in d house. You need about 180members vote to win if there are only two candidates in d election.You cannot win just by PDP votes. You need about 55votes from APC even if all d PDP members vote for you. Where will he get it from?
that means that rep from edo na dunce. Doesnt he knw a thing abt lobby, campaign or canvassing for votes?
So he cant boast of 55 apc votes for himself? Who go even support am for majority leader if he cant boast of common 55votes.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by CircleOfWilis: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Benzzle:
Dogara is from northeast...a Christian northerner , he may not completely dance to PMB's.,the core northerners won't support him
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by chinchum(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
Gbaja has paid his dues and very smart. A bit of opposition is also needed if that is what you meant, Buhari also needs that to succeed.

A man with an "always yes sir" wife will have problems along the line.
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by stevecantrell: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Gbaja is part of Tinubus insurance policy against Buhari screwing him over.
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
I would like Femi G. to pick the house seat, the Senate anyone can get it but it won't affect Buhari's chances in 2019 if he performs well
Re: PDP Will Do Buhari A Big Favour If They Support Dogara As Speaker by handie(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Absolutely brilliant Analysis. In the power play that's currently going on, there're too main actors. Buhari and Tinubu. Buhari can't afford to have a Tinubu boy in HOR speakership and if peradventure it happens, it'll make Tinubu have a sort of leverage in the event of a thaw in relationship between him and Tinubu..... Saraki and Dogara in the leadership positions actually will make APC more stronger as the overbearing Tinubu's influence will be whittled down. Make Barcanista dey do some Yama yama logic for dia

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

1983-85: Buhari Never Ruled Nigeria But IDIAGBON - Factfinders / S-h-o-c-k-i-n-g: Billions Of Naira Traced To A Former Minister / Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.