Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,152 members, 7,913,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:20 PM

Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents (30184 Views)

Ambassadorial nominees: Don't compare Buhari with ex-presidents, APC tells PDP / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by PStacks(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]I mourn your brain.
cheesy I weep for nairaland.. Too many mofo's..
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by nightmile: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
It's like nairaland comments and condemnation don't affect the destiny of the Owu born leader. So slowpokes just waste their energy and subscription on nairaland and the Ebora himself just keep climbing. Another first African to achieve this level. Naija is great.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by jsheng(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]Bla bla bla bla bla bla.At your age,you are still yapping.Unam ikot.

PLUS.......ABOTE[b][/b]
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by nightmile: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
The Yoruba's; Igbo's and Hausa's that make things happen don't make hate comments on nairaland, only low lives do and baba iyabo said he had gone past that since 1979. So keep hating and loosing focus. Baba is moving on.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Orikinla(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rikidony:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is the
first African to have been appointed co-chair
of the InterAction Council of Former Heads of
State and Government during the 32nd annual
plenary meeting in Newport, United Kingdom.

“I am humbled to have been elected as Co-
Chair of the InterAction Council, a position that
has been held by some of my great friends
who were also my mentors over the years –
Helmut Schmidt of Germany and the late
Malcolm Fraser of Australia – and also to
serve alongside my longtime friend Jean
Chrétien, the former Prime Minister of
Canada,” Obasanjo said on Friday after his
appointment.

“We will continue the Council’s important
work, but also look at some issues that are of
particular concern to me, like youth
engagement and employment. Africa has many
problems but also great opportunities, and the
IAC will look at both.”

Obasanjo has governed Nigeria as both the
head of a military administration (1975-1979)
and then as a democratically-elected civilian
president (1999-2007). He was a founding
member of the InterAction Council, taking leave
for the years when he resumed office as
president in 1999.

Obasanjo has assumed the position from Franz
Vranitzky, former chancellor of Austria
(1986-1997), who served as co-chair from 1
July 2010 until now.

Established in 1983, the InterAction Council of
Former Heads of State and Government is an
international organization addressing political,
economic and social problems of
the humankind. The membership is comprised
of over thirty former heads of state who
submit their proposals of actions directly to
national and international decision-makers.

In its 32-year history, the InterAction Council
has been at the forefront of many prominent
issues, most notably the 1997 drafting of
the Universal Declaration of Human
Responsibilities, a document that
counterbalances the UN’s Declaration of
Human Rights; the 2010 Hiroshima
Declaration, a powerful plea for the
abolishment of nuclear weapons; and the 2012
report, The Global Water Crisis: Addressing an
Urgent Security Issue.

www.naij.com/454297-obasanjo-appointed-co-chair-of-interaction-council.html

Gen. Olúsẹ́gun Ọbásanjọ́ (retd), Boss of All Bosses of Nigerian Politics

Chief Olúsẹ́gun Mathew Okikiọla Arẹmu Ọbásanjọ́, GCFR, is the most highly respected Nigerian leader in the world today and author of more than 28 books and whether you like it or not, he is the boss of all bosses of contemporary Nigerian politics since Nigeria's return to democratic rule in 1999.
I prefer to call him General Olúsẹ́gun Ọbásanjọ́ (retd).
He is the first Nigerian military head of state to become a civilian President of Nigeria.

One of the worst political mistakes of out-going President Goodluck Jonathan is to disrespect Gen. Ọbásanjọ́ and breaking the first rule of the 48 Laws of Power: "Never Outshine the Master."
The 48 Laws of Power

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Jald007(m): 12:16am On Jun 08, 2015
Hate him or love him... Baba is an international brand.

He understands the western policies and easily seen as someone with their interest and political grip
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by realjoker(m): 12:33am On Jun 08, 2015
omenka:
Still waiting for the Ogogoro king, their hero, to receive his Nobel Prize.

Yeye dey smell.
see finishing
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by mensdept: 12:52am On Jun 08, 2015
Jald007:
Hate him or love him... Baba is an international brand.
He understands the western policies and easily seen as someone with their interest and political grip

And doesn't that mean he is an enemy of Africa? He did their bidding in the 70s and even again in the 2000s, enriching the children of Whites and impoverishing the children of Africa. So now he gets another award for it..

I choose to "hate" him
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Rexology: 12:59am On Jun 08, 2015
omenka:
Still waiting for the Ogogoro king, their hero, to receive his Nobel Prize.

Yeye dey smell.
Your case is very critical...
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by ybalogs(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2015
NDPVF:
An inconsequential appointment.Noble Price for peace award,is better. Therefore,respect our Goodluck.
Inconsequential amongst world leaders? Wow, hatred can blind shaa. I'd want GEJ to be given the Peace Prize but has he been given yet.? Let's just focus on the Present and celebrate those who are ours. Hating won't help in the long run

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by ybalogs(m): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2015
I dare say he's the most influential politician in Africa. Keep the flag flying baba.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by sammybhaws(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2015
Yeye organisation dey for this world oo
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by samueldon(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2015
NDPVF:
A shameless he goat that slept with his sons wife.

Come on guys did obj force himself on her? Or did she report dat she was raped by him? Give baba a break jor.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by witken89(m): 10:21am On Jun 08, 2015
URGENT EMPLOYMENT!!!
HIGHCLASS GROUP OF COMPANIES NIGERIA LTD.
is a new consultancy firm established in
Owerri, Imo State Nigeria and needs to urgently employ only qualified persons to fill up these urgent vacant positions in the company;
1) Manager
2) Database manager
3) Business development Officer(BDO)
4) Receptionist
5) Software Engineer.
6) System Analyst
7) Site Supervisor
cool system engineers (5)
9) Lab Technicians
10) Drivers
11) Logistics/Procurement Officer
12) Cook(s)
13) Human Resource Officer (HRO)
14) Senior manager
15) Accountant
16) Network Engineer
17) Office Assistant(s)
18) Sales manager

REQUIREMENTS.
Nce, Ond, Hnd, Bsc, Btech, Msc, Phd & at least a good SSCE result.
Please Note:
1)Candidates Must be resident in either Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, States or within any south south states.
How to Apply:
interested persons should send their CV
to highclassplc@gmail.com, PMB 3039, or send the following: full name,
educational qualification(s), current location,
e-mail address, gender, phone number to the company's Human Resource(HR) on
08101690007. Only successful candidates would be
shortlisted and invited for the interview.
NOTE:
1)The interview date would be
communicated to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
2) Application closes on the 15th of june 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Chiaka(f): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2015
Controversial Ex President!
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by dealslip(f): 11:19am On Jun 08, 2015
Sagamite:
I keep on telling you all that Obasanjo is the most powerful black African today.

Many Nigerian former heads of state just slip into international irrelevance. At best, they become geopolitical zone champions. The last one would slip into Otuoke resident foooool. Obasanjo rules home and abroad and can call on any world figure in a second.

dealslip, I hope you are still jotting down in you notebook?

https://www.nairaland.com/2230168/buharis-victory-men-made-it/4#32239458

eeyah Sagamite, why didn't you tell me he is your grandfather, I won't have said the truth about him. Next time I will lie to please your ego. I hope you like it that way.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by disumusa: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
NDPVF:
bastard ibo fouth class citizen, ss done over take una, wicked tribe ibo smelen why your perfum gorrila.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by disumusa: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
NDPVF:
mr cannibalisn this man pleaded for the surrender of your grand father when f.g army was practising genocid on biafra b/4 govt accepted.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by NDPVF(m): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
[s]
disumusa:
bastard ibo fouth class citizen, ss done over take una, wicked tribe ibo smelen why your perfum gorrila.
[/s]What are you saying?.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Ralphlauren(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
lastpage:

Jonathan ke? grin grin grin

This one no be Otuoke matters o! grin grin grin

OBJ is a million miles ahead of GEJ. Dont even dare to compare the two.

I guess people of the S/East can make Jona their Chairman "Council of Yiibo World Statesmen" ........or something similar sha, just say he can answer his father's name grin grin grin grin
***falls down from three Storey building**** grin grin

Lastpage!

Buhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahah.

You are mean. grin grin grin grin hahhahahahahha
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Sagamite(m): 8:34am On Jun 09, 2015
dealslip:

eeyah Sagamite, why didn't you tell me he is your grandfather, I won't have said the truth about him. Next time I will lie to please your ego. I hope you like it that way.

Get you fcking notebook out and start getting some real education instead of chatting twaddle.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by dealslip(f): 8:38am On Jun 09, 2015
Sagamite:

Get you fcking notebook out and start getting some real education instead of chatting twaddle.

lol. Stop using the f word on a lady. Your blood too dey hot
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Jun 09, 2015
dealslip:

lol. Stop using the f word on a lady. Your blood too dey hot

Yes, my blood is frequently hot but it really depends.

Sometimes, when I am arguing, I am like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7QfOby3Vs

But on a Friday, I am like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGS7zkueawM&index=40

And when a girl behaves and gets lucky, I play it like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDHMne2Q6s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose In Church: Nigerians Should Continue To Endure The Hardship / Governor Shettima Enjoys Barbecue With Top Air Force Officers In Borno. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.