Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,598 members, 7,885,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment (1911 Views)

Petrol Would Sell N99.38 Per Litre Without Subsidy – PPPRA (may 2, 2016) / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by AndyCole16(m): 5:21am On Jun 08, 2015
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) at the weekend said it has started discussing with foreign partners to refine crude oil abroad and import Premium Motor Sprit (petrol) and Kerosene into the country.
It added that it has no intention to claim any subsidy payment from the Federal Government through the method.
IPMAN National Secretary Danladi Pasali, who spoke to reporters in Abuja, explained that should the Federal Government approve the intervention, it would be a temporal relief arrangement pending the improvement of the capacity of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s (NNPC’s) refineries and the construction of greenfield refining entities.
According to him, the initiative was developed by the association’s new executives to assist the present administration to reduce cost in subsidy payment at the same time meet products’ demand.
His words: “We urged the Buhari administration to support IPMAN in mobilising our foreign partners in importing petroleum products at no cost or without subsidies payment to government.
”We have done all our mathematics that through our new model of Crude Oil SWAP arrangement; we can wet the country with petrol and kerosene and still gain from the transactions,” Pasali said.
Nigeria is currently consuming about 35 million litres of PMS. But only 30 per cent of the amount can be refined by the four local refineries at full capacities.
The IPMAN secretary said the association in the long run will construct two brand new refineries in the country with 400,000 barrel refining capacity with Blue Oil International.
He added that the association’s National President Mr. Chinedu Okoronkwo is in Lagos to monitor the distribution of the PMS to its members to stop its scarcity.
Pasali said with government’s cooperation, IPMAN members will stop fuel scarcity with their over 20,000 filling stations.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ipman-plans-to-import-fuel-without-subsidy-payment/
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by fashoo2010(m): 5:23am On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmm.... First time hearing such a move, to import without having d mindset of claiming subsidy... Let's wait and see. Sometin is fishy somewhere

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by aminho(m): 5:23am On Jun 08, 2015
I support those in favor click like those against share

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 08, 2015
This should be a right step in the right direction. At least I no go dey queue for filling anymore. Better
Presently, there is anger in the millitary due to the content of Amnesty report. Read here please >>>http://www.naijablower.com/anger-in-military-over-amnesty-report/

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Pangea: 5:28am On Jun 08, 2015
He he he
Parade don change!
The thieves are now born again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Burger01(m): 5:38am On Jun 08, 2015
^^^

Don't be deceived. Subsidy has always been a scam. These cabals have been sharing 'nonexistent subsidy' money amidst themselves. The emergence of the incorruptible one as the president put a 'full stop' on that scam. Chai! Jonathan, una corrupt pass corruptionsad

11 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by LordMecuzy(m): 5:43am On Jun 08, 2015
I Just Hope Subsidy isn't a Scam to Nigerians.... Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by modath(f): 5:47am On Jun 08, 2015
According to him, the initiative was developed by the association’s new executives to assist the present administration to reduce cost in subsidy payment at the same time meet products’ demand.
His words: “We urged the Buhari administration to support IPMAN in mobilising our foreign partners in importing petroleum products at no cost or without subsidies payment to government.
”We have done all our mathematics that through our new model of Crude Oil SWAP arrangement; we can wet the country with petrol and kerosene and still gain from the transactions,” Pasali said.

The saying that when the "head is spoilt", it can't ever be well with the body is proven to be dead on the money with this article.

Last week,it was in the news that IPMAN had approached consultants to broker a 600b loan deal with JPMORGANCHASE to build a refinery when they observed that baba isn't disposed to subsidy claims and proposed crude oil swap in his interview, this week its how to save the country money!!!! shocked

Why??When did our people become patriotic, unsefish & nationalistic in their decisions?

How come the marketers never considered crude oil swap & liasing with foreign partners to make subsidy payment less burdensome while the "cheerful giver" was in office.

May this country NEVER see the likes of the shoeless clueless wonder ever again.

Hero ko, Heroin ni. undecided

14 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by satelliteDISH(m): 5:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Pangea:
He he he
Parade don change!
The thieves are now born again
Yeah! i think the anti-dote called GMB is cleaning up all viruses in the system.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by jeffizy(m): 5:52am On Jun 08, 2015
Why was such idea never raised during the past administration?

I believe the fear of my President is the beginning of wisdom in every angle in Naija.

Change, indeed , has come!

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by jideflash(m): 5:56am On Jun 08, 2015
u see their life. smh
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by sambisa5: 5:58am On Jun 08, 2015
PMB which way,,,,,,,,,,,,nigeria is finished!!!
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Emenahagos02(m): 6:03am On Jun 08, 2015
And how much will be the price of fuel? 50/L?

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 08, 2015
When we say these people are "thieving " Nigeria people thought we were joking.

4 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 08, 2015
I am suspicious.....something tells me that they would get their money back somehow....via high price.

Anyway....subsidy on the way out.
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2015
Great...anyway if government can't pay, citizens would pay. undecided
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Wsdm: 6:55am On Jun 08, 2015
IPMAN, we don't need your input for now. Let us wait for the new administration to come up with what ever plans it has . Why are you people fastforward now? I learnt that Buhari's visit to Niger is not only about insecurity but also about bilateral arrangement on fuel importation. If we are not funny, Niger that is close by refines more that enough fuel and also export same; why do we have to go far to get fuel!

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2015
PMB already said this in an interview so this is totally not their idea and we are not buying into it except from our General. Believe you me something is about getting messy.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by sammieguze(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2015
The situation in Nigeria reminds me of my principal.

No matter how noise/rowdy the class is, at the mention of H.I:B Monite, there shall be oderliness

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by aieromon(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2015
The same people that held the country to ransom now want to import fuel without collecting money?

Let Baba come back from Germany. The man has always insisted that the current subsidy program is an outright fraud. The crude oil swap arrangement was used by Buhari and Tam David West in 1984 so this is nothing new.
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by PassingShot(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2015
Funny how things are falling in place already.

I recall that this was the exact method Buhari canvassed before he was sworn in.

Could it be that he actually told them to employ this method or any other similar one in the meeting he had with them?

Anyway, things can only get better having sent the failed GEJ back to Otuoke.

7 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Horlawoomey(m): 7:09am On Jun 08, 2015
Right way to go, now we've got someone up there, just the mention of his name and everything is falling into place.

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by egift(m): 7:09am On Jun 08, 2015
We thank God for Buhari. When a good leader is in power, even all the corrupt channels will be thinking of noble ways to conduct their business.

TANiods can keep hating. Nigeria will get better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by ionsman: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2015
Hero kill una....Hero my foot....

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by stinggy(m): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2015
aieromon:
The same people that held the country to ransom now want to import fuel without collecting money?
Let Baba come back from Germany. The man has always insisted that the current subsidy program is an outright fraud. The crude oil swap arrangement was used by Buhari and Tam David West in 1984 so this is nothing new.
The swap arrangement makes sense to me too. We should focus more on that till we can get our refineries in good shape and do away with these thieves called Importers.
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by egift(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:

The swap arrangement makes sense to me too. We should focus more on that till we can get our refineries in good shape and do away with these thieves called Importers.

I too agree on that. It save cost and ensure the price is not too much for the masses. Since we have the raw materials, it should factor in the finished product (though this will certainly reduce the usual revenue a little).
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by focus7: 8:48am On Jun 08, 2015
The federal government should give us refineries and stop importations of fuel.
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by mikolo80: 8:49am On Jun 08, 2015
fashoo2010:
Hmmm.... First time hearing such a move, to import without having d mindset of claiming subsidy... Let's wait and see. Sometin is fishy somewhere
what is fishy,are we not paying the subsidy @140 per litre
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by 3ace(m): 9:01am On Jun 08, 2015
All dis one na tori, how much una go charge per litre?
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by tociano009(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2015
they sure knw that the subsidy claim is a fraud. there's no business man that will agree to do a biz worth millions of dollars at a loss?

it means if I imported 1 million litres, and the loss without subsidy is N45 as they claim, I will be loosing 45million like dt. who does that?

this clearly shows the subsidy was a fraud...

but do it anyways...

thank you
Re: IPMAN Plans To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
People are just commenting without understanding. Swap means you give refiner crude for free and he sends you refined products. The fool did not tell you it is another form of trade by barter in the 21st century. Who loses at the end, you and I. For those who remembers, trade by barter was Buhari's only "economic thrust" in 1984,he is surreptitiously bringing it back and the gullible are swallowing it "hook line, sinker, fisherman and his boots". At best your refiner will value you barrel at about $35 - $40 per barrel. It clearly is a buyer or "refiner's" market.

Our educational system has terribly fallen indeed .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce / Nigeria’s War Over Biafra, 1967-70 / PHOTOS: Notorious Terrorist, Hussaini, Killed In Encounter With Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.