Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor (1411 Views)

Doctor Of Optometry / My Dad's Doctor Attitude Shocked Me (pls Read My Story) / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor by soulmatebj(f): 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2009
Dr pls is it posible for anybody with PID to have a baby?
Re: Doctor by VENUSS(f): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
may we no Wat PID  is pls
Re: Doctor by VENUSS(f): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2009
may we no Wat PID  is pls
Re: Doctor by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 20, 2009
it depends on what damages has been sustained due to PID
PID is an infection also known as "pelvic inflammatory disease" which is a severe inflammation that results when vaginal and cervical infections spread into the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, and surrounding tissues. it can cause damage to a woman's reproductive tract, therefore causing infertility.
PID affects thousands of women every year, yet many women have never heard of it (VENUSS for example). Unfortunately, there are often no obvious symptoms and, even when there are, women may be misdiagnosed or their symptoms dismissed as 'normal' period pain
Re: Doctor by soulmatebj(f): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
thanks for ur post , when it as not cause any damage said by doctor that fallopian tubes and others are okay is there hope for the person.
Re: Doctor by VENUSS(f): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2009
@mrbrownjay tanx 4 the info
Re: Doctor by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2009
as well as the fallopian tubes, tissues in and near the uterus and ovaries can also be damaged.
PID infection may REAPPEAR even after the symptoms disappear. To prevent re-infection, your sex partner should also be examined and treated. Even if they do not have symptoms, they may be infected with organisms that can cause PID. It's important to abstain from unprotected sex until full treatment of BOTH OF YOU is completed and the doctor determines that the infection is gone.
The risk of repeated attacks of PID is high with women who already got it once. 30% of women who have had PID will have the disease at least one more time. With each episode of reinfection, the risk of infertility is increased.
If all is well then there is no reason why you shouldn't get pregnant in the future.

@Venuss, you are welcome.
Re: Doctor by soulmatebj(f): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2009
thanks scan shows no PID but the symptons still there ,what can i do or use pls?
Re: Doctor by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 21, 2009
you doctor should do a pelvic exam, then swabbing the area and having the sample tested.
if the tests are negative then you should look at other problems that might be causing the symptoms.

what are the symptoms? were the symptoms before, during and after the antibiotic treatment that your doctor recommended?
what was the combination of antibiotic used?
have you had a miscarriage, abortion or abnormal pap smear after the treatment?
Re: Doctor by soulmatebj(f): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

you doctor should do a pelvic exam, then swabbing the area and having the sample tested.
if the tests are negative then you should look at other problems that might be causing the symptoms.

what are the symptoms? were the symptoms before, during and after the antibiotic treatment that your doctor recommended?
what was the combination of antibiotic used?
have you had a miscarriage, abortion or abnormal pap smear after the treatment?

thanks for the information
the symptoms is pain at the right side of my abdomen, the symptoms are before at times during and after the antibiotic.
flaggy, doxyciline tab, medcam tab, ceftriaxone injection.
i don't have miscarriage, abortion after the treatment.
can i no what abnormal pap smear mean?
Re: Doctor by soulmatebj(f): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2009
I'm waiting pls

soulmatebj:

thanks for the information
the symptoms is pain at the right side of my abdomen, the symptoms are before at times during and after the antibiotic.
flaggy, doxyciline tab, medcam tab, ceftriaxone injection.
i don't have miscarriage, abortion after the treatment.
can i no what abnormal pap smear mean?
Re: Doctor by laykay(m): 1:18am On Mar 17, 2009
pls i need someone that can cure gonorrhea urgently, !
Re: Doctor by laykay(m): 1:24am On Mar 17, 2009
pls urgently
Re: Doctor by iDoc(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
Are you sure it's gonorrhoea? what symptoms are you having?

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Residents Beware.-road death trap / Help! I'm Dying Of Typhoid ( Medical Expert Only) / Environmental Causes Of Kidney Disease And Kidney Failure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.