Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,453 members, 7,901,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:47 AM

ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… (538 Views)

Photo: Punishment Given To A Boko Haram Member By Chad Army Officer / Chad Sentences 10 Boko Haram Members To Death / Fugitive Radical Sunni Preacher Attempted To Enter Nigeria Through Cairo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Mbkite(m): 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
By CHIKA OTUCHIKERE

A Nigerian former British police officer and security and governance consultant, Mr Vince Onyekwelu has warned that unless the governments of Nigeria and Niger Republic act immediately, the dreaded Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, ISIS terrorists may be on their way into both countries.

Onyekwelu gave the warning yesterday during a live television programme, Sunrise Daily on Channels television where he said that with the capture of the Libyan international airport.

According to him, with the proximity between the borders of Niger, Chad and Libya Nigeria must intensify collaboration with both countries to ensure that the ISIS terrorists so not sneak into the country.

Asked whether Nigerians should be worried that that the ISIS has taken over the Libyan airport responded in the affirmative saying the development should give enough room for concern.

“Yes, we should be worried because if you look at the distance between Libya and Nigeria the demarcation between Chad and Niger Republic. Now the question is what the Nigerian government is doing to make sure that Niger and Chad are doing enough to protect their border between them and Libya.

“We don’t need to worry much about this but we need to get the immigration agencies of these countries to collaborate and make sure that the borders is well secured because if these criminals into Niger Republic or Chad they are going to be heading into Nigeria so we need to make sure that in this joint task force that we are talking about how do we protect the borders of Chad and Libya, how do we protect the border between Niger Republic and Libya. So we need to protect our own but the bottom line is we should be worried because it seriously worrying,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/439257/isis-will-enter-nigeria-chad-unless

Re: ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Diffdeef(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
Via which means?
Re: ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
Am taking my shooting very serious. Let no tout dare me.
Re: ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Mbkite(m): 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tydies:
Am taking my shooting very serious. Let no tout dare me.
Lol
Re: ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Jason21(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
terror-beeches

1 Like

Re: ISIS Will Enter Nigeria, Chad Unless… by Moana(f): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Inspector Change My Statement. / Emergency Workers Rescue Man With Rings On His Penis / Bayelsa Police Arrest 49 Armed Robbery,rape Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.