Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki (1804 Views)

Saraki, Senators On A Condolence Visit To Ocholi's Family (Photos) / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by ispeed(m): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki was at the time we went to bed not yet satisfied with the outcome of the various horsetrading going on to pacify him over the shadow election the party undertook to edge him out of the Senate residency.

A source close to him told www.gongnews.net yesterday “he has the support of 65 senators across party lines to tilt the balance in his favour when the new Senate votes tomorrow. Just watch out.”

33 out of 59 APC senators endorsed the candidature of Lawan during Saturday’s shadow voting, leaving Saraki with 26.

However, The Like Mind Senators, a group loyal to the former Kwara governor said in a statement yesterday that the former Kwara governor has 65 senators across party lines behind him and that they intended to “unveil their faces to the Nigerian public today in Abuja.”

Out of the 65 senators Saraki claimed to be in his support, 39 are of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which has a total of 49 Senators-elect.

Depletion of Saraki’s support base among the APC senators-elect from 35 earlier claimed by his group, the “Like Minds Senators” to 26 on Saturday night, was said to be a result of last minute defections by prominent senators to the Ahmad Lawan’s group.

Notable senators who made such defections as captured on Saturday at the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja , the venue of the APC primary election where Ahmad Lawan emerged sole candidate, were Comrade Shehu Sani (Kaduna central), Usman Bayero Nafada (Gombe Central) and Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa West).

Saraki in his press statement signed by coordinators of the ‘Like Minds Senators’ Dino Melaye (Kogi West) and Rufai Ahmad Sani Yerima (Zamfara West) said the outcome of the APC primary election was not binding and that Saraki would contest for the position today.
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by Young03(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2015
ispeed:
Senator Bukola Saraki was at the time we went to bed not yet satisfied with the outcome of the various horsetrading going on to pacify him over the shadow election the party undertook to edge him out of the Senate residency.

A source close to him told www.gongnews.net yesterday “he has the support of 65 senators across party lines to tilt the balance in his favour when the new Senate votes tomorrow. Just watch out.”

33 out of 59 APC senators endorsed the candidature of Lawan during Saturday’s shadow voting, leaving Saraki with 26.

However, The Like Mind Senators, a group loyal to the former Kwara governor said in a statement yesterday that the former Kwara governor has 65 senators across party lines behind him and that they intended to “unveil their faces to the Nigerian public today in Abuja.”

Out of the 65 senators Saraki claimed to be in his support, 39 are of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which has a total of 49 Senators-elect.

Depletion of Saraki’s support base among the APC senators-elect from 35 earlier claimed by his group, the “Like Minds Senators” to 26 on Saturday night, was said to be a result of last minute defections by prominent senators to the Ahmad Lawan’s group.

Notable senators who made such defections as captured on Saturday at the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja , the venue of the APC primary election where Ahmad Lawan emerged sole candidate, were Comrade Shehu Sani (Kaduna central), Usman Bayero Nafada (Gombe Central) and Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa West).
Saraki in his press statement signed by coordinators of the ‘Like Minds Senators’ Dino Melaye (Kogi West) and Rufai Ahmad Sani Yerima (Zamfara West) said the outcome of the APC primary election was not binding and that Saraki would contest for the position today.

Udo kwa
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki o
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by TheFreeOne: 8:32am On Jun 09, 2015
True politics is a game of numbers but comes with twists and turns.

Saraki are you sure Anyway we all say no to godfatherism.
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by Masculity(m): 8:36am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki if elders draw line pls dont cross it may be dangerous. If you can't bear it pls decamp to PDP the earlier the better. The masses are still sufering while the elite are fighting for position. God who so ever is there for his selfish interest God i beg you to declare his seat vacant.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by lomprico(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2015
[size=40pt]A PDP in APC clothing![/size]
APCites beware! grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by MRLINGTON(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2015
Betrayals Game

If saraki looses the presidency he should quit being a senator if he can be a floor member
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by sammyj: 8:50am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki will end up biting himself in the foot with the way he is going over this senate thing!!! angry
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by double0seven(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Mr Poster, where exactly in the news article did Saraki says he will defeat the APC? Where is the quote?
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by Rexology: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki would be the President of the Senate in few hours from now...deal with it.
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by Rexology: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Hahahahahah...I said it, and it happened...
Re: I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki by TheFreeOne: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2015
Rexology:
Hahahahahah...I said it, and it happened...

What an interesting election. Hmnn...unopposed.

Politics is a very interesting game so let's watch as it further unfolds in the NASS grin grin

Seems APC has been played grin

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman Explains Why His Prophecy On The Election Failed / Dogara Wants To Defect To PDP - Gbajabiamila - Nigerian Bulletin / Edited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.