Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,140 members, 7,977,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:38 AM

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution (42652 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / Real Truth About The Saraki Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by smsdigito: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
I said it before that there is no diff between PDP and APC, now see the kind of politiking they are doing. PDP supporting Saraki one of the very former Governors that decamped and brought down PDP. No permanent friend or enemy in politics but on permanent interest. shocked

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
LAX89:

You are wrong, PMB is NOT OBJ, PMB has clearly demonstrated that he does not want to meddle in legislative leadership issues, he wants due process to be followed. Besides, if PMB attempts to muscle Saraki and his supporters, then he'll have a very difficult 4 years, he doesn't want that, he doesn't need that and he's smart enough to know that. Again, Saraki has the backing of PDP senators, so he only needs a few senators from APC and he'll maintain majority vote in any fight.

Nigerian politics, you buy everything. You pay for votes. I do not disagree with you. But come to think of it, one with presidential ambition has president of the senate, just two position away from his dream position.....Saraki is fire in Buhari's bossom. that's the truth. remove sentiment. Even if Buhari deals with saraki with a plain mind. Saraki's ambition will not allow him deal with buhari that way.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
koboko69:

...money

A sitting president and a senator. 2ho has access to money more?

PMB has more assess to money but will not use it for bribery.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by masseratti: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?
yes my friend the President wrote a letter to the clerk of the National assembly which was read before the senators by the clerk, the letter was to inaugurate the National assembly.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by basilo101: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
softnipples:
From what I learnt from our contitutional law classes in 200L, the president need not be pysically present for such proclamation to take effect. Sending a letter in this regard will suffice.
In any case, what we just witnessed was just an inauguration.

*edited*
I learnt president Buhari has even sent a letter to that effect
Enugu state govnor sent a letter and was not present during HOA inauguration. Dnt kw weda d laws differ though

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by wordcat(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.

Don't give what you don't have by claiming to know what you don't know. There is nowhere the constitution says that the President must be there physically and don't take Nigeria to be your club meeting where the president can deny anything at will.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by LAX89(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:

Nigerian politics, you buy everything. You pay for votes. I do not disagree with you. But come to think of it, one with presidential ambition has president of the senate, just two position away from his dream position.....Saraki is fire in Buhari's bossom. that's the truth. remove sentiment. Even if Buhari deals with saraki with a plain mind. Saraki's ambition will not allow him deal with buhari that way.

I agree, Saraki has a bigger, unspoken ambition. I believe he's positioning himself, and garnering support to challenge PMB in 2019, only time will tell, but I foresee a big and interesting drama unfolding from now to 2019, I just hope and pray that the common man/woman in Nigeria will not continue to suffer collateral damage because of politician's selfish ambition.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Fellonigerians: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
The APC Senators were caught napping...

The one I no understand na David Mark as Senate Leader. Is it true? Does anyone have a link to the Senate Rules?
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
LAX89:

I agree, Saraki has a bigger, unspoken ambition. I believe he's positioning himself, and garnering support to challenge PMB in 2019, only time will tell, but I foresee a big and interesting drama unfolding from now to 2019, I just hope and pray that the common man/woman in Nigeria will not continue to suffer collateral damage because of politician's selfish ambition.

Amen.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by anwo247: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
babestella:
Is it not clear now that APC is actually the "clueless party" here. I thought as much, those who shout loudest of an offense are always the ones guilty of those same offenses. APC shouts "clueless" daily meanwhile they are the most clueless.

In addition to being clueless, their leader is a Daura President + No Certificate.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
wordcat:

Don't give what you don't have by claiming to know what you don't know. There is nowhere the constitution says that the President must be there physically and don't take Nigeria to be your club meeting where the president can deny anything at will.

You say all this because its not an OBJ we have as president.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by lexy2014: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
wendixx:
Hmmm... So in other words, his election as Senate president is valid?

I see this as a cunning /subtle coup de-tat against APC by PDP Saraki in the senate.

I just dey observe.
if every provision was followed then his election is valid. APC leadership was biting more than they could chew. PDP saw an opportunity and took it. This national assembly leadership thing should have been a done deal in APCs favour if Tinubu had stayed neutral
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by TheAdvocate(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?

A proclamation for the inauguration of the national assembly is by way of a letter from the president and Buhari had done that by way of a letter requesting for the inauguration of the present 8th assembly. Its Buhari that fixed the date via his letter. This present assembly was legally inaugurated. No loophole for the APC to explore. The damage (abi good) has been done. Lastly, am a lawyer of 10yrs and dats my honest opinion.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by godofwar666(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:
stalker
ain't stalking on you
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by TheAdvocate(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:
Can the national assembly proceed to"sit" and "elect" it's officials before the proclamation by the President? Is d election of Saraki an act in vain? Was it designed to precipitate crises in the house?

Buhari properly issued a proclamation via a letter. Its the Buhari letter that fixed today for the inauguration.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by wendixx(f): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
lexy2014:
if every provision was followed then his election is valid. APC leadership was biting more than they could chew. PDP saw an opportunity and took it. This national assembly leadership thing should have been a done deal in APCs if Tinubu had stayed neutral

I agree with you. We seem to be in for interesting days ahead.
Even though the situation somehow saddens me, because instead of facing the serious task of law making, this present senate might spend their tenure bickering and fighting for supremacy... God forbid.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pamcrest:

Why are some people so confused or ignorant about d geo political zones. Kwara state is in NC and Saraki claims to be Fulani even though his ancestry is yoruba! The man says he is a northerner and his state is zoned to d north. Simple, clear and straight forward.
My humble two cents
Whether him talk set him be northerner or kwara na sw or not
For d geopolitical zone ....it is zoned to NC
And that's wat matters
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by softnipples(f): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
A lawyer can also be a politician.
But a politician cannot be a lawyer undecided
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by softnipples(f): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
adeoti01:

so tis lawyer that interpret constitution... hmmmm
Yes!!!.....or is there anything I need to know??
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by lexy2014: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
wendixx:

I agree with you. We seem to be in for interesting days ahead.
Even though the situation somehow saddens me, because instead of facing the serious task of law making, this present senate might spend their tenure bickering and fighting for supremacy... God forbid.
I feel your pain dear. Hope they can hold it 2geda
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by wordcat(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:

You say all this because its not an OBJ we have as president.

Do u wish we keep having dictator as president?
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by anonimi: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.

Abeg na which JUNGLE wey you come from

Definitely not DEMOCRATIC Nigeria.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by BLOTRS: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:

You are the one acting like a Kid. Anything can be denied. it all depends on the approach of the APC. the President has not come to publicly say he wrote any letter.
you think this is some village title politics? PMB cannot stoop so low to the extent of denying a presidential letter with his signature and with a letter-head...pls take some ogogoro to help you out
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Godson201333(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
But my only question is.....why are they scared of saraki or why are people saying that Saraki is going to impeach PMB?
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:

Mama Korede Bello...welcome to nairaland o! Emmm, but how come you are Olamide's wife and at the same time, Iyanya's gf? So, you are cheating on Olamide?! Lol
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by meforyou1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
basilo101:

Enugu state govnor sent a letter and was not present during HOA inauguration. Dnt kw weda d laws differ though
There are no different laws.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Buhari's signature was on the letter he sent and the date he signed it was clearly indicated. This issue is a complete non starter.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Hman12(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
brixton:
the APC shot itself, I never wanted Bukola as SP but we will have to live with him now.

What does this mean for Gbajabiamila? Are we going to have the VP, SP and HoR speaker from the Yoruba?

My point exactly...
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by 2tundeay(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
brixton:
the APC shot itself, I never wanted Bukola as SP but we will have to live with him now.

What does this mean for Gbajabiamila? Are we going to have the VP, SP and HoR speaker from the Yoruba?
...and who told you BUKOLA saraki is yoruba? grin grin grin
omo yoruba ni mi o....
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
dam4wummy:
If the so called APC are really practising the democracy they cry, then why was lawan and his supporters not in the house?. I think buhari has no choice other than declaring sen. saraki as the speaker. At least saraki sef na APC now.
Obviously, you have been reading the other side of the story.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by amakaffy: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
chigoizie7:

Well, impeach saraki? By who? APC? And who becomes the SP once saraki I impeached? Ekweremadu? Or will dey also impeach him Asap? I guess the PDP will not allow that, if all PDP will stand against APC impeaching ekweremadu den it is invariably giving PDP d upper hand in d house as a member being d SP, u and I know that APC will never allow that to happen, instead dey will allow saraki.

Btw u need 2/3 of the house to impeach d SP, the whole house Is 109 and PDP can boast of 54, 2/3 of 109 is 72 and 109 minus 54 is not upto 72, therefore, it will be impoicant to carry out their plans without the 100% support of PDP.

Secondly, don't forget that saraki alo have loyalist in the house as well, so,being impeached will not work.

All APC should do, Is to bring their house to order, if they should refuse to make peace now,then APC is as gone and scattered as the old PDP.

Oga Wen they impeach SP... they elect another one
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
softnipples:
Yes!!!.....or is there anything I need to know??
yes...the functional roles of a lawyer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket / Abubakar Shekau: "It's Better I Die & Go & Rest Than The Calamity Befalling Us" / Wike's Name Not On Ogoni Clean-Up Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.