Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,162 members, 7,950,003 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Got A Question - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Got A Question (1468 Views)

How I Got Duped With My Money,time,and Makeup!!! / Lady Finally Replies Me After I Asked Her A Question 2years Ago On Fb Chat. / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Question by Girlfriend(f): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2006
Hi everybody i got a question for all of u! im a russian girl and im dating a nigerian man here in Russia. We r in our relationships for more than one year. Im soon will be 20 and he is 27.
He wanna marry me here nad later we go live in Nigeria. He is half ijaw and half urhobo but i dont relly know what it means, he just said to me once. I relly love him so much and believe he also does. But one thing is worring me too much. Is it possible that he can have second wife after marriage with me? Is it officilly accepted in Nigeria? And what is ur opinion now? Maybe if im not Nigerian he will not marry another wife.i dont know what can happen so need ur advice. Please
Re: I Got A Question by Free(f): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2006
well
if he really loves you aah i dont think that
he would choose a 2nd wife, dispise if Ur from nigerian or not
Re: I Got A Question by Damsal(f): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2006
There isn't a high possibility of him marrying another wife unless he's a muslim then there's a possiblity he might remarry especially if you have guys have short-comings or if he's a womaniser. But if he loves you dearly and you are aware of this then girl don't fret.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Question by kimba(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2006
@Girlfriend

dont worry about coming to Nigeria, theres a Nigerian Russian Community in Lagos, full, half/cross breeds, u name it,
Re: I Got A Question by somegirl(f): 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2006
Hi Girlfriend,

a colleague of mine just asked me recently if I would consider becoming his second wife. I'm not sure if he was just pulling my legs but, at least, I took it as seriously as to tell him that "no, if you want to visit me, you cannot sleep at my house". And he's Christian not Muslim.

Anyway, when you come over to Nigeria, you should be warned that people will treat you differently than they will treat their fellow Nigerians. Kids but also some adults will call you "oyinbo" in the South-West and "onye ocha" in the South-East. It just means "light skinned person". Also, when buying anything, you will have to learn how to bargain and, even when you have learned it, you still will pay more than the black person before or after you. When people say "fun mi", they don't confuse you with somebody called Funmi(layo) but ask you for a dash. Furthermore, don't be surprised if guys will ask you to marry them and if girls will want to know whether you got a brother for them abroad.

The traffic, especially in Lagos, might be scary to you. Hence, when your fiancé asks you whether you want Okada (motorbike) or taxi, take the latter even if he should complain about the costs. Btw, Lagos is a pretty ugly place with lots of mosquitoes. If I were you, I would travel to the village asap. I'm sure you'll like it there. It should be much more quiet and less dirty and hectic than Lagos. The toilette there might not be the Western style though, more like a whole in the ground.

Try the different foods. Where I live now, Mango just doesn't taste as sweet as it does in Nigeria. Especially, try jeloff rice, moi-moi and dodo. Most foreigners love that staff. Peppe soup is also nice, but you should be careful; it can be hot as fire.

There are beautiful beaches, even close to Lagos, but, I think there are some dangerous currents at some places, and no lifeguards. If you should get married, do the wedding in Nigeria. You'll have a big party, people dashing you with money and afterwards you should have your honeymoon in the wonderful "Whispering Palms" hotel at Badagry. It's free of geckos and cockroaches! No, seriously, it's a really nice place. I think I would want to do my own honeymoon there (if the man of my dreams should ever propose to me).

In the end, there are Europeans who've spent many years - 5, 10, 20 years or more - in Nigeria, raising children and growing old. This is surely not suitable for everybody and, probably, you will have to experience the place yourself for some while before you will discover whether it could be your new home or not.

I know this is not exactly what you've asked for --- but I hope it was insightful and of help anyway. My regards to your sweetheart and all the best for a future together!
Re: I Got A Question by mochafella(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2006
@somegirl

where are u from?
Re: I Got A Question by somegirl(f): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2006
@Mochafella: Why do you want to know? Are you planning to come over to my village and ask my parents for their daughter's hand in marriage?  wink Abeg, save yourself the journey; I'll choose my man myself.  grin

1 Like

Re: I Got A Question by mochafella(m): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2006
somegirl:

@Mochafella: Why do you want to know? Are you planning to come over to my village and ask my parents for their daughter's hand in marriage? wink Abeg, save yourself the journey; I'll choose my man myself. grin

Whoa, easy there. I meant nothing by it, was just curious. Don't even answer the question anymore. Why the hell is marriage the first thing out of your mouth?
Re: I Got A Question by somegirl(f): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2006
Easy over there as well. I was just pulling your legs. smiley Peace?
Re: I Got A Question by Oracle(m): 1:41am On Sep 18, 2006
It depends on his religion.

A muslim is entitled to four(4) wives
Re: I Got A Question by Busta(f): 2:54am On Sep 18, 2006
Yes, he can have a second wife in Nigeria as it is acceptable back there but as someone said earlier, If he really loves u, he won't do that to u!

wish u luck!
Re: I Got A Question by Girlfriend(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2006
SOMEGIRL!

Thank u so much! It was so nice of u to give me so full information. I was very greatful for ur answer. My BF is christian and he is from Bayelsa State, i know that his father has only one wife so maybe im worried for nothing and its not their family tradition, well i dont relly know many things aboutNigeria but i see the place is something really special!
Re: I Got A Question by iice(f): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2006
Somegirl, well done!
Re: I Got A Question by omokafe(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hi some girl, hope russia is cool, while in nigeria it is not a practice for christains to mary more than one wife, however traditionist and muslims do. But for the law sha, i cant say for certain, but i can assure you that if he loves you and is a good christain he wont marry another after your marriage with him.
Re: I Got A Question by deema(f): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
hi girlfriend
In Nigeria marrying more than one wife is actually ur choice whether muslim or christian. so have no fear if he loves u and wants no trouble for his life he wont marry another wife. it is just a personal choice
Re: I Got A Question by Woke4all(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2011
Somegirl know 9ja finish oo. cheesy
Re: I Got A Question by samsaro: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
why are you so curious of knowing if it is possible of him having a second wife here in nigeria,is it that u are not the perfect girl for him?as long as he loves u without complain or grudges then there is no need for fear or panic.not even if he is force to get another wife.

(1) (Reply)

People In The House Plzzzzz Why Is This Always So. / Wat Wud U Do If Ur Bf Dat U Luv Kips Telln U He Has So Many Galfrnds&u Just 1 Of / Protecting Yourself From: Love and pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.