Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,499 members, 7,929,627 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:12 PM

Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki (983 Views)

Northern Groups Warn Akiolu ,Oba Of Lagos From Interfering In Politics / "Buhari Fights Corruption In NASS With Insecticide, Uses Deodorant At Executive" / 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by Forumspotz: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigeria’s new Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has vowed to uphold the independence of the National Assembly.

He said in his acceptance speech after he was elected unopposed by his colleagues in the upper chamber of the national assembly on Tuesday.

“I am most honoured and privileged to be elected to serve as President of the Senate. I accept with humility and respect the honour you have conferred upon me today,” Saraki said.

“We have today demonstrated that even though we may belong to different parties, we are ultimately united by our common desire to entrench democracy and allow its principle guide our conducts.

“The change that our people voted for is a change from a life of poverty, misery to a life of prosperity, happiness, security and comfort, accountability and respect for democracy.

“This is a change that all of us in the National Assembly must strive to justify. Nigerians want to see a proactive National Assembly.”

According to Saraki, it was now his yoke to protect the autonomy of the legislature in the overall interest of democracy and noted that the quest for independence should not lead people into pursuing adverse relations with other arms of government.

Showering accolades on President Buhari, Saraki thanked the President for his decision to allow members of the Assembly pick their own leaders.

“My dear distinguished colleagues, we are entering at a time when a lot is being expected of us.

“Nigerians expect that the new senate must make laws that will reform the oil sector, the security systems, diversify our economy, create jobs and make doing business in Nigeria more competitive.

“In the coming days, we shall be converging to hammer out an agenda that will help us focus and deliver on the minimum expectations,” he said.

“I have inherited from my predecessor a great landmark. May the future generation of citizens look upon the 8th National Assembly as a true assembly of our people’s representatives who did their best in the service of our nation.

“I congratulate ourselves for this great day and the beginning of a new chapter in the history of our great Nation.”

Shortly after the speech, the senate adjourned to Wednesday.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

http://www.forumspotz.net/thanks-to-pres-buhari-for-not-interfering-in-nass-elections-saraki/
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by 9jii(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
FACT THAT NO SANE HUMAN BEING CAN DENY.
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by Monimatic(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
yes that's my Senate President
Sai Buhari
Sai Saraki
Kai Thief-nubu

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by Masculity(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
I trust my President. He stands by his word.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by shamsuRana(m): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Showering accolades on President Buhari, Saraki thanked the President for his decision to allow members of the Assembly pick their own leaders.

There is wisdom attached to PMB..
And this is what every sadistic chump herein should understand.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by kreamidiva(f): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
The kind gentleman knows what to do, when to do it and how to do it.

Good man, great man.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by missKiffy(f): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
It's ok, let's wait and see what unfolds, fingers crossed
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats or dear senate president!!! Now the real change is here!!Now is a real leader ,he is not one to be summoned by a mere commissioner grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by guyman2(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats to the head of the third realm of the estate.

Even PMB did not interfere and Opolo eyes was openly adopting Gbaja!
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by born2lead01: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good one,no wonder he kept them waiting for the shock of their lives.
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by Tecnonews24: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
What could he have done about it, the politics was just above him. thank God there is No space for under age voters this time.
Re: Thanks To Pres. Buhari For Not Interfering In NASS Elections - Saraki by manutdrichie(m): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
V

(1) (Reply)

See This Libyan Rocket! / Adopt APC Decision, Governors Tell Senators Thenationng / Diamond Bank Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.