Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,507 members, 7,971,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:04 PM

A Speech Presented By Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki On The Occasion Of His Swea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Speech Presented By Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki On The Occasion Of His Swea (357 Views)

Senator Abubakar Kyari Wears Military Outfit (Photos) / Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request / Dr Saraki On A Visit To Governor Okorocha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Speech Presented By Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki On The Occasion Of His Swea by ridwanomooba: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
PROTOCOLS.
Distinguished Colleagues, Senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I am most honoured and privileged to be elected from among such distinguished men and women of your caliber to serve you as President of the Senate.
I accept with humility and respect the honour you have conferred upon me today. I am indeed moved by such demonstration of faith and trust you have reposed on me. I am truly grateful and I accept this call to serve with humility, responsibility and sense of duty.

I give all glory to the Almighty God for the significance of this day for our dear country. I am delighted that only a few months after we witnessed an uncommon democratic transition in our country, we are witnessing yet again, a further consolidation of that lofty victory for our country and our democracy.
I want to thank all members of the National Assembly, especially the distinguished Senators for your maturity and patriotism in the exercise that we have just concluded in electing the leadership of the 8th Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
We have demonstrated that even though we may belong to different persuasions and parties, we are ultimately united by our common desire to entrench democracy and allow its core principles guide the conduct of our political affairs.
I thank all those who have supported me and journeyed with me through the difficult road that has brought us here. I believe that the courage and the commitment that you have demonstrated go beyond your support for any individual’s ambition. I believe that what you have demonstrated is an unflinching commitment to the sanctity and integrity of this hallowed chamber as the primary bastion for the government of the people, by the people, for the people.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Governor Cuts His Salary & Travel Allowance By 50% / Have A True Story About You Or Someone You Know? Do You Need Funds? / Why Legislooters Need The Wardrobe Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.