Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:32 AM

A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help (3394 Views)

Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery / Dv Lottery Photos / Dv Lottery Visa Denial Based On Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Remmyode(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
A friend name John Oladele born in Kumasi, Ghana to Ghanian woman but later relocated to nigeria with both parent at age 7. He played Dv Lottery 2015 and won. He"s got all his papers that proves his ghanian status but he prefer to travel with the nigerian passport because he is a nigerian as well. Pls advise.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by shikshark: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
i dont think your friend read the instruction at all.
nigeria is not eligigbe for the lottery at time time and so far he was selected because he applied as a ghanian.....he should just continue to be a ghanian. any change in country of eligibility my render his enrty invalid.
i wish him all the best

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Remmyode(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
shikshark:
i dont think your friend read the instruction at all.
nigeria is not eligigbe for the lottery at time time and so far he was selected because he applied as a ghanian.....he should just continue to be a ghanian. any change in country of eligibility my render his enrty invalid.
i wish him all the best

Thanks.

But i got this info on the web

* Please Note:
IF YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE US GREEN CARD LOTTERY, YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO QUALIFY!
/read below/:

Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases, this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify.

First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.

Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents’ countries of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the US DV Lottery Program.

To enter the lottery, you must meet either the education or work experiencerequirement of the DV Program: You must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net On-Line database will be used to determine qualifying work experience. For more information about qualifying work experience, see Frequently Asked Question .

If you cannot meet either of these requirements, you should NOT submit an entry to the US DV Visa Lottery Program.

http://usgc.org/en/dv-2015-countries-eligible-for-usa-green-card-lottery-program-year-2013.html
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by tdayof(m): 5:07am On Jun 11, 2015
justwise should be able to explain well.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by gentleiphy: 5:18am On Jun 11, 2015
Remmyode:

Thanks.

* Please Note:
IF YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE US GREEN CARD LOTTERY, YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO QUALIFY!
/read below/:

Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases, this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify.

First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.

Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents’ countries of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the US DV Lottery Program.

To enter the lottery, you must meet either the education or work experiencerequirement of the DV Program: You must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net On-Line database will be used to determine qualifying work experience. For more information about qualifying work experience, see Frequently Asked Question .

If you cannot meet either of these requirements, you should NOT submit an entry to the US DV Visa Lottery Program.

http://usgc.org/en/dv-2015-countries-eligible-for-usa-green-card-lottery-program-year-2013.html

There is no hard translation of what the guildline says..the first person that responded to you gave you the best answer..please continue your application as a Ghanian..unless there are other things you didn't share here that will warrant you shying away from applying as a Ghanian unless you want to put your application on a probability scale.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by onatisi(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2015
gentleiphy:

There is no hard translation of what the guildline says..the first person that responded to you gave you the best answer..please continue your application as a Ghanian..unless there are other things you didn't share here that will warrant you shying away from applying as a Ghanian unless you want to put your application on a probability scale.
the op is a nigerian,maybe living in ghana so he applied as a ghanian ,not expecting to win but now he has won,he will need a ghana passport,birth certificates and some other documents from the ghana government which they can't give him because he has no record with them, so what the op wants to do is to change his country and use his nigeria passport and certificates .

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2015
onatisi:
the op is a nigerian,maybe living in ghana so he applied as a ghanian ,not expecting to win but now he has won,he will need a ghana passport,birth certificates and some other documents from the ghana government which they can't give him because he has no record with them, so what the op wants to do is to change his country and use his nigeria passport and certificates .
That will be dead on arrival. Cash loss too ™
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Remmyode(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
onatisi:

The mother is a Ghanian and father a Nigerian. He has his birth certificate. he played the lottery here in Nigeria and already chose nigeria as a preferred country for the interview.

The thing is the Ghanaian authorities are giving him problem and demanding huge money to give him Ghanaian passport after showing the birth certificate. Of course the parent relocated very early to nigeria and he's bin doing everything Nigeria since then but occasionally travel to see the mums people. I've bin playing dvlottery since the ban on Nigeria because I am married to ghanian and if I won am using my Nigeria passport so I feel it could be applicable to him too since he is partially a Ghanian by birth and mums county but Nigerian by father.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by onatisi(m): 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
Remmyode:

The mother is a Ghanian and father a Nigerian. He has his birth certificate. he played the lottery here in Nigeria and already chose nigeria as a preferred country for the interview.

The thing is the Ghanaian authorities are giving him problem and demanding huge money to give him Ghanaian passport after showing the birth certificate. Of course the parent relocated very early to nigeria and he's bin doing everything Nigeria since then but occasionally travel to see the mums people. I've bin playing dvlottery since the ban on Nigeria because I am married to ghanian and if I won am using my Nigeria passport so I feel it could be applicable to him too since he is partially a Ghanian by birth and mums county but Nigerian by father.
the passport system in ghana is straight forward,and many nigerians get it all the time The only time they will demand huge bribe from u is when they know u are definitely lying ,if his birth certificates are genuine and he can prove that his mother is a ghanian by getting a letter from the mother family head. They will give him the passport, the issue of money been charged is normal because he is a dual citizen .if his mother is still alive ,all she has to do is call one of her ppl in ghana or go to the passport office and they will give him. In ur own case ,ur marrying a ghanian doesn't make u a ghanian. So if u win , the usa embassy at cantonment won't give u the visa, they will only give ppl who are passport holders of that qualifying country

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by ttmacoy: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
I love the way you cut through the fat straight to the heart of the matter lol

onatisi:

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by chineloSA(f): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
onatisi:
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Notyourb1tch(f): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
onatisi:
grin grin grin grin rotflmao poor guy
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Notyourb1tch(f): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Remmyode:

What onatisi said is so on point. My mother is Ghanaian and Dad Nigerian so it would be easy to get a Ghanaian passport because my mother is from there. All she has to do is follow the necessary steps and can even apply on his behalf. Buy if he is lying then he should just forget the whole thing or pay that 'huge money'.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Notyourb1tch(f): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
onatisi:
the passport system in ghana is straight forward,and many nigerians get it all the time The only time they will demand huge bribe from u is when they know u are definitely lying ,if his birth certificates are genuine and he can prove that his mother is a ghanian by getting a letter from the mother family head. They will give him the passport, the issue of money been charged is normal because he is a dual citizen .if his mother is still alive ,all she has to do is call one of her ppl in ghana or go to the passport office and they will give him. In ur own case ,ur marrying a ghanian doesn't make u a ghanian. So if u win , the usa embassy at cantonment won't give u the visa, they will only give ppl who are passport holders of that qualifying country

He can get a visa. Also he could apply for a Ghanaian passport because he is married to one
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by onatisi(m): 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
Instead of the op to come out clean and tell ppl the real situation of his problem,make everybody know how dem go pakurumo help am ,he come dey use braingrin
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by Moana(f): 9:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Let him use his Ghanian passport na
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by noblemind(m): 3:00am On Aug 09, 2016
Remmyode:

Thanks.

* Please Note:
/read below/:
He can still be eligible to travel with nigerian passport but must prove that he is claiming eligibility of place of birth or either parents place of birth. Just make sure he submitt authentic birth certificates.

Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by guiddoti: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin he can also use Ghana must go card.
Re: A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help by worry359(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
USA visa officers will have read this by now and logged it on computer.
If he is trying any fraud he will be caught.

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Hotels In Owerri / Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? / Planning To Relocate To Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.