Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,326 members, 7,881,212 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World (742 Views)

‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days / Man God Uses. RCCG Open Heavens. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World by holla0404(f): 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
1CORINTHIANS 1:27
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
When you are faced with a big challenge, do you automatically look for the most powerful means to solve the problem? Well, my friend, that is not thinking the way God thinks. The Bible tells us that it pleases God to use what the world considers weak, foolish, base and despised to bring to nothing things which are mighty.“What is that in your hand?” God asked.“A rod,” Moses said. And with that rod, he performed miracles and confounded the might of Pharaoh.“Five loaves and two fish,” a little boy said. And with that little boy’s lunch, Jesus fed 5,000 men, and his disciples gathered 12 baskets full of leftovers.“The jawbone of an ass,” Samson said. And with that, he slew a thousand Philistines, who were the enemies of God’s people.“Five stones and a sling,” said David the shepherd boy. And with one of his stones and the sling, he brought down Goliath, the mighty Philistine champion.Many elderly folks are testifying that for the first time in their lives, they are set free completely from fears of debilitating diseases, loneliness, deep-rooted superstitions, generational curses, the ravages of old age and even death.My friend, don’t despise what seems weak and insignificant to the world.
Also read : Purpose of Christianity
God can use them to bring down the giants in your life!
Thought For The Day
It pleases God to use weak, foolish, base and despised things of the world to bring to nothing things which are mighty.

1 Like

Re: God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World by holla0404(f): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
God i sincerely and desperately need you
Re: God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World by C4Ltd: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
^^You're too desperate. kinda suspicious
Re: God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World by holla0404(f): 6:43am On Jun 12, 2015
God listens to a cry of desperation and sincerity, that was why David cried in psalm that my soul longs for you,my flesh thirsts for you,in a dry and thirsty land where no water is.
Re: God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World by frank317: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2015
No wonder religion is filled with foolishness

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? / The Office Of Prophet / 5 Types Of People U See In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.