Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,723 members, 7,898,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele (24242 Views)

Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders / Regionalism Better Than True Federalism / We Must Say No To Regionalism And Federalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by CSTR2: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
basilo101:

You will soon crawl back to ur regional agbero politics. North will hijack APC while SE/SS hijack PDP. U cnt play at national level
I think this is already playing out.
The PDP is going to the SE/SS while the north is getting the APC.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by ocelot2006(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

See how a y1bo man thinks?

What is the relevant of those positions to the common man on the street of Saki or Ikorodu or Okitipupa?

We celebrate infrastructures and amenities and not some political positions that will only be beneficial for the few and their cronies.

Lies again! Are you insinuating that GEJ never did anything in the southwest infrastructure - wise? From the upgraded and expanded international airport to roads like the Benin-Ore road that was long abandoned? From rail networks to power stations? Bros, LIE AGAIN!

Btw I'm not Igbo or "Igbo"

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
CSTR2:
I think this is already playing out.
The PDP is going to the SE/SS while the north is getting the APC.
Tinubu will form OPC party . . .
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by ArodeTsolaye: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2015
Setaje:
This is the same thing I have said from the beginning. Do not align wiv gambari. We cannot exclude jonathan from the blame. He messed up greatly by neglecting the yorubas. He would have started wooing the yorubas long before election. Tinubu would have given the votes to jonathan like he did 2011. They would have signed a deal. And just maybe yorubas would be back to their glory in jonathans second term. It would have passed a message to the north. That the whole south can stand together.

Just look at what is happening now. I said it on fb and I am saying it here. Osinbajo eye go see wennn for Hausa hand. But osinbajo will not take half of what jonathan took. He will resign at the long run. Just watch!

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by ArodeTsolaye: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
moron2020:
One thing I like about Yoruba,s is the very fact that they have an ideology which they guard with integrity and with passion. The Yoruba man is bold and daring always trying the impossible to safeguard his interest and goals. Ofcourse the Yoruba man will never compromise his integrity come what may. Unfortunately the Igbos are the exact opposite of the Yorubas. Clearly the Igbos have no ideology. They love money and could do anything for money sake. That explains why APGA was eventually sold to the PDP. Sadly enough today the Igbos don't have a political party structure of their own with spread in south east compared to the defunct CAN in south west. The PDP which the Igbos are jumping at is created by northerners. Which one is the Igbo party in Nigeria now? The APC belongs to South west and North! I pity the Igbos. No wonder Esau sold his birthright for a plate of pottage and he came back begging Joseph to remain some blessings for him. Money last for a while; but ideology last a lifetime. Hail obafemi awolowo, hail sardauna of sokoto. As for Nnamdi Azikiwe your descendants love money, they sold away your ideology and are now begging for deputy senate president; when at the same time a Yoruba man is both Senate President and Vice President. Is not ojoro; it is ideology. Soon another yoruba will rule nigeria not forgetting Opbasanjo because the yoruba can be trusted unlike people from the other side who love money and will sell Nigeria if mistakenly we give them the presidency.

Unfortunately yorubas will never be President again except the North decides to contest for Presidency. Anyday osunbade or whatever decides to contest for presidency. This is what you'll have North+SE+SS= Northern President. The North is ruling forever, An Emirate is coming to Osun, better brace up now.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by shizzle11(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dollyak, gone through a number of your comments, sometimes you come across as reasonable and objective, other times you switch to default setting exhibiting chronic symptoms of a tribalist associated with people from your paternal side, (as you claim Igbo/yoruba)thus exhibit your hate and bias as evident with this comment:

Probably because
1 Majority are not into biafra brainwashing propanganda of which is even more evident by the IGBO
leader's call for federalism, inorder to move Nigeria forward. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ndi-
igbo-congratulate-buhari-demand-true-federalism/
2 The average biafra(Nigeria Rednecks) is an incompetent, barely educated, mildy intelligent, overly emotional man and woman with little or no strategic plans or critical thought. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to listen to those noisy minorities.
Please don't tell me you also listen to biafra radio because my opinion of you will be lowered very quickly.

https://www.nairaland.com/2356248/yoruba-leaders-insist-true-federalism

Henceforth I will keep an eye on you, with the benefit of hindsight.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Dollyak(f): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
shizzle11:
Dollyak, gone through a number of your comments, sometimes you come across as reasonable and objective, other times you switch to default setting exhibiting chronic symptoms of a tribalist associated with people from your paternal side, thus exhibit your hate and bias as evident on this thread

Henceforth I will keep an eye on you
I am perfectly aware of this. As someone from an inter tribal marriage, I often find myself landlocked between two walls.
Lol @ keeping an eye on me. You are welcome on board.
Btw, I love both of my parental heritage, I just don't subscribe to the biafra thingy going on. I am aware of the injustice towards Igbo people with respect to marginalisation and whatnot and would rather we fight for the right cause.

Peace cool
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dollyak:

I am perfectly aware of this. As someone from an inter tribal marriage, I often find myself landlocked between two walls.
Btw, I love both of my parental heritage, I just don't subscribe to the biafra thingy going on. I am aware of the injustice towards Igbo people with respect to marginalisation and whatnot and would rather we fight for the right cause.

Peace cool

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by shizzle11(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dollyak:

Btw, I love both of my parental heritage, I just don't subscribe to the biafra thingy going on.
Keeping with my impression that most often than not, you sound reasonable. I will ask you this, please be sincere:

If your region has 5 states and every other has 6, how would you feel?

If students from your region are given cut-off mark of 250(highest nationwide) and another region has 30, how would you feel?

If there are no federal government presence in your region (deliberate neglect) where as others get undue, undeserved attention, how does it feel?

Not to talk of numerous deliberate marginalisation, political scheming lopsidedness etc..how would you feel?.

I'm holding this convo with you cos I suppose you have some moral values laden with sincere objectivity and miles apart from a typical Yoruba girl.

Just noticed you updated your post, OK. What suggestion do you have when the 'owners' of Nigeria has been paying lip service to addressing these issues for decades?, no thanks to readily available support they get from their the people of the western region who do not hesitate at any chance to spite Igbos?

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Dollyak(f): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
shizzle11:
Keeping with my impression that most often than not, you sound reasonable, I will ask you this. pls be sincere

If your region has 5states and every other has 6, how would you feel?

If students from your region are given cut-off mark of 250(highest nationwide) and another region has 30, how would you feel?

If there is no federal government presence in your region (deliberate neglect) where as others get undue, undeserved attention, how does it feel?

Not to talk of numerous deliberate marginalisation, political scheming lopsidedness etc..how would you feel?.

I'm holding this convo with you cos I suppose you have some moral values laden with sincere objectivity and miles apart from a typical Yoruba girl.

Hmm.. I understand the injustice. My only issue is that we are not going about this the right way with the constant secession threat. The whole of south East needs to unite first and make their requests with one voice. The politicians of SE are the problem IMO.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by shizzle11(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
For the records, I have never being a proponent of Biafra until few months ago. As a matter of fact I hated any discussion that had to do with it, with the believe that a GREAT Nigeria was feasible and would work.

My acceptance of one Nigeria is until and unless there is Equity, Fairness and Justice to every region, other wise agitations for Biafra will continue to be on the rise. cool

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by shizzle11(m): 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dollyak:

Hmm.. I understand the injustice. My only issue is that we are not going about this the right way with the constant secession threat. The whole of south East needs to unite first and make their requests with one voice. The politicians of SE are the problem IMO.
Granted that there are a few selfish leaders, but the SE are getting more united and purposeful each passing day, the awareness even beyond the SE is on the Increase as is evident from people of the SS who more than ever before have increased their voices of discontent against Injustice. A few selfish leaders cannot stop an idea whose time has come.

I repeat until and unless these injustices are addressed and tackled head-on, Biafra becoming a fruition will be only a matter of time.

No war, no lives will be lost. Legality and globally accepted procedures will be followed all through in pursuing the self actualisation. UN, NATO, US, name them...every global body/forces that matters will be carried along and involved.

Gotta concentrate now...nice chatting with you. Good day!

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
shizzle11:
Granted that there are a few selfish leaders, but the SE are getting more united and purposeful each passing, the awareness is on the Increase as is evident from people of the SS who more than ever before have increased their voices of discontent against Injustice. A few selfish leaders cannot stop an idea whose time has come.

[size=15pt]I repeat until and unless these injustices are Addressed and tackled head-on, Biafra becoming g a fruition will be only a matter of time.[/size]

No war, no lives will be lost. Legality will be followed all through. UN, NATO, US, name them...every global body that matters will be carried along.

True!
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Dollyak(f): 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
shizzle11:
Granted that there are a few selfish leaders, but the SE are getting more united and purposeful each passing day, the awareness even beyond the SE is on the Increase as is evident from people of the SS who more than ever before have increased their voices of discontent against Injustice. A few selfish leaders cannot stop an idea whose time has come.

I repeat until and unless these injustices are addressed and tackled head-on, Biafra becoming a fruition will be only a matter of time.

No war, no lives will be lost. Legality and globally accepted procedures will be followed all through in pursuing the self actualisation. UN, NATO, US, name them...every global body/forces that matters will be carried along and involved.

I absolutely agree with you. Sounds reasonable. Nice chatting with you too.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by disumusa: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
Flets:
Some people are truly dumb. So because they felt cheated because their lord tinubu was humiliated. .. they are now calling for regionalism

That is the height of ethnocentrism.

All the high hopes the SW had in this govt has crashed in quick succession.
Osubande have been treated like a house boy so far, tinubu's wing has been clipped,
Osun has become the mockery of all states begging for food and aids from all that care to listen.
The ones in lagos are crying over suppression by the ibos

This is a time not to be a Southwesterner
ibos are wasting their time in nigeria,the reality is that they are not realy recorgnised
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by EasternPride: 1:46am On Jun 19, 2015
disumusa:
ibos are wasting their time in nigeria,the reality is that they are not realy recorgnised

And that's why Biafra is getting restored this year, goodbye in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram / David Hundeyin Calls Out Web Developer, Accuses Her Of Running Fake News Site / Cross River Police Arrest Suspected IPOB Members, Recover IEDs, 5 AK47, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.