Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,191 members, 7,977,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:17 AM

Sad Story! Blogger Shares His Encounter With Nigerian Legend, Majek Fashek - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sad Story! Blogger Shares His Encounter With Nigerian Legend, Majek Fashek (538 Views)

Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Alibaba Recounts His Encounter With A "Stubborn" Female Roaduser In Lagos / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sad Story! Blogger Shares His Encounter With Nigerian Legend, Majek Fashek by aprokov247: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2015

Investment banker and Blogger Joseph Edgar ran into Nigerian music legend Majek Fashek this morning in Lagos on his way to work. The story he shares is quite sad. Read below…

On my way to work this morning, I spotted a loony figure. Pants sagged, dirty black underwear showing, a caftan perched precariously on his extra lean shoulders, shock of long unkempt dreadlocks cascading down his head and teeth yellowed by years of hard living and a face still surprisingly handsome despite the ravages of illicit living. This was Majek, my hero, the one who brought down the rain.

He it was who redefined Reggae and in that one album forced us to look deep into our consciousness, calling us prisoners of conscience. He it was who took that Bob Marley piece, Redemption Song into the sublime. He infused it with his pangolo rhythm and turned it into an anthem of social and spiritual awakening. Majek was a god, strong Adonis like looks, talent yet to me replicated in our clime and charisma of the gods.

This same Majek, I just saw like that in Fadeyi, begging for ogogoro becuase he did not have 100 Naira to pay for it. I stopped brought out 1,000 Naira and was immediately struck by confusion. Should I give him this money and contribute to his death or should I refuse him and watch him throw a tantrum like a disposed toddler. He saved me the dilemma as he grabbed the money from me and rushed to the ugly, black dirty merchant of death, who gleefully poured him a glass full.

read full: http://aprokovilla.com/sad-story-blogger-shares-his-encounter-with-nigerian-legend-majek-fashek/
Re: Sad Story! Blogger Shares His Encounter With Nigerian Legend, Majek Fashek by Mimicole(f): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
Chai! I'm speechless.
So it's ds bad nw, don't we have rehabs in Nigeria? The man is dying while the world watches, tomorrow u'll hear tributes upon tributes being paid to him when he eventually passes, #plshelpmajek!

(1) (Reply)

2015 Lagos Fashion Awards Presents Official Categories / ''god Used Sound Sultan To Make Me Big''; Seyi Shay Gushes / MUSIC : Patoranking Ft Boy Breed, BBJN – Slowly Remix (prod. Beats By Jayy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.