Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,552 members, 7,921,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:49 PM

Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. (2770 Views)

See What Happens To A 32 Acres Of Cocoa Plantations / Castor Seeds Plantations Contract Farming Re-open / Palm Oil Plantations Set To Boom As United States Finally Bows To Palm Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by GGfadar(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2015
so sorry about ur issue
some people aren't really human being

i had a similar experience with someone years back dat managed my cassava and maize farm
i was lucky to harvest d maize in multiples but when d period to harvest cassava came, i was surprised to see a clear field with no crop on it.
initially i knew FULANIS do invade farms and i confirmed they invaded a part of my cassava plantation but to my surprise after a month, there was nothing on d farm to harvest..

After thorough investigation, a nearby farmer gave me a hint about d people who stole my farm produce.......

believe me

the younger brother of my farm manager did d whole job and disappeared......

i lost about 450k on the cassava plantation....

i wasn't too worried cos i accepted it as a kind of experience in farm business. Since then, i started managing my farm myself.

Any new investor in Agrobiz should pls acquire his/her land and make sure he/she cultivate whatever he/she can have time to manage...

Anytime i proof some people wrong about their information on Agriculture section, they always attack me as a critic.

pls new investor in Agrobiz should pls start small and expand when experience is attained.
A lot of criminals are on nairaland, mostly section that involve MONEY.

B WISE

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hahahah.

I saw this coming.

Farm manager cum consultant things. Sure money.
I have vowed not to 'spoil biz ' for ppl here cos ppl will not hear when they are told.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by jethro2: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
mercylicious:
Hahahah.
I saw this coming.
Farm manager cum consultant things. Sure money.
I have vowed not to 'spoil biz ' for ppl here cos ppl will not hear when they are told.
Nairaland farmers Na something else.
You keep seeing millions quotations that never come to reality.
Farm is not as easy and lucrative as they all paint it.
1 million from an acre!!!!!
Yet rural farmers are wallowing in poverty.
Nice pictures and packaging here and there
Paper work that is not realistic
May God help us
Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by omode2(m): 1:41am On Jun 16, 2015
Ogbomoso is a good place for farming bt we have few bad eggs. Hw can u b paying 5k for security, then wt profit will u make. As Jetro said, farmin just like any biz takes time to master and will only b lucrative in d long run wt strict discipline. Lets take maize for example, hw many bags of dry maize can u get frm an acre? Nairaland is full of computer farmers misleading ppl like some on fish farm claiming millions.
Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by stonecoldcafe: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2015
What can be done to prevent the fulani people and their cows from getting to your land? This is a real concern for people buying land up and down in these rural areas. My apologies to the cattle rearers if they are not the thieves.
Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by IFEWALKER2: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2015
What I see on the agricultural section are only Land Sellers and middlemen not real Farmers as accalimed.........
Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=stonecoldcafe post=36728936]What can be done to prevent the fulani people and their cows from getting to your land? This is a real concern for people buying land up and down in these rural areas. My apologies to the cattle rearers if they are not the thieves.

The case of the op is not that of Funani herds man. It's 100% fraud. Fire burning cassava farm during raining season? Fresh cassava stems have high resistance to fire, even in dry season, if it burns, it will revive weeks later. I am talking from experience.

@kennysbst the op. Two or more threads have emanated from this thread so far. 'Farmersfarm' has accused 'Hotmass' of being silent. And Hotmass has responded that he was not.
I wish the op could come out to give us the update as regards this issue. Has there been any compensation or refund from Dr Isa or "consolation" from Hotmass? Cos I sense from Hotmass response that he 'intervened' but not willing to loud his trumpet.
Re: Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. by fm7070: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
The integrity and honesty of those who have part in this callous act is questionable and everyone should be very careful when doing any business with any of them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tractor Drawn Seed drill for planting large field for sale( Rice or Soyabean) / Fertile Farm Land For Sell In Ibadan / SOLD-Tokunbo Toyota T100 Pick-up Truck With Auxiliary And A/C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.