Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,656 members, 7,979,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:09 AM

Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill (32060 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Photos Of The Lawmakers Alleged Of Sexual Offences By The US / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by EplFanSite: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
FACTS ABOUT FRIDAY YOU DON’T KNOW

Fridays are my favorite day – and I know that I have that in common with a lot of people here. On Fridays, we tend to spend a lot of time thinking about other days (Saturday, Sunday), but let’s hold on and give Friday a thought.

Here are some facts about Fridays that I find interesting.

Read @ http://www.afaat.com/2015/06/facts-about-friday-you-dont-know/
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by quickly: 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
that stupid yerima all he is after is marrying underage girl .

Someone should tell him africa is different from middle east why must we impose babaric culture
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by bettercreature(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
qdat:

its simple just try to fight n die for what u believe is just n rightfully giving to u or entrusted in ur care by ur village pple n see if they will praise u or not..... onisorkusor...
Are you saying he got independent for us?all I read was MKO was fighting for power

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Crieff(m): 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
bid4rich:
Its Yerima like-minded people that voted him into senate and thats what he is representing them for i.e to say to marry even unborn girl child. Yeye pheople.

Baba Wole, I hail u jare. God bless your life on this piece

The people that voted him in, what do they know. What with all the hellishly hot sun that has dried out all their brain juices and leader them with dry heads.

What does an aboki know beyond rankadede...this is to the teeming dead-heads masses the North is filled with not the nanoscule that makes up the less than 1% of wholesome folks.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by mrrock: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
This letter should've been addressed to Nigerian mosques and the followers of Muhammad.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
[size=20pt]Hit my signature or contact me to learn how we make money here. 20% profit weekly ROI [/size]
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrrock:
This letter should've been addressed to Nigerian mosques and the followers of Muhammad.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Soyinka's essays are always my delight.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by wiseoneking: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/12/wole-soyinkas-open-letter-on-sexual-offences-bill/
Thats ok but i am only disturbed by his support of same sex marriage.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrrock:
Stop being silly. How about Chris Anyawu that sponsored the bill, is she a muslim?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by DanielPop(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Prof is silent on the Osun crises! Why not write a letter to Aregberascal mandating him to pay his workers their fair wages? Is that not also human right abuse?
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by 989900: 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
bettercreature:
Are you saying he got independent for us?all I read was MKO was fighting for power

Kids know nothing.

MKO upheld his mandate till death -- insisting he could and would not relinquish the will and 'hope' of the people. On his blood and others who died in defiance to the military juntas, and all of us who marched, protested, and endured all the hardships of defiance, is erected the democracy you and I live in today -- y'all can go ahead and ridicule all you want if that makes you feel accomplished.

Special mentions: Gani Fawehinmi, Frank Kokori, Pa Rewane, Kudi Abiola, Tell Magazine and crew, Pa Adesanya, Gani Adams (gone rogue), Walter Carrington (US ambassador), Alex Ibru, Yar'Adua (General), Wole Soyinka, Bola Tinubu, Pa Enahoro, Men and women of the vocal press, Student union leaders and many more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by kulumo: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Seriously people, sometimes I feel like resigning my job so I can have enormous time to take up some of these pedophiles of sanator on their stands. To think that we are paying them to be child molesters. How in God's great name will a sane person present his/her 11year old for sex? Though I'm not in support of gay rights, It is actually better, far more honorable for our parliament to pass the gay right bill than to pass that shamble of a bill that reduced our children and women to nothing but intimacy gadgets. It is the highest level of irresponsibility and pedophilia. Even dogs will not have sex with a puppy. And to think that revered Sanators Like David Mark, Bukola Saraki, chief Banabas Gemade and the hosts of others are in that same red chamber, something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by passionate4ever: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Indeed,prof. Wole Soyinka is a blessing to Nigerians. How can a dwarf thinking Man move such a proposal!Anyway,sexual pleasure is what matters to him now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by M4gunners: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
Medicine after death.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
[b]Nigerians will never occupy Nigeria as a way of protest on issue's of this nature but will rather protest and rant over issues that bothers on the selfish interest of their oppressors whom they idolize simply because they are members of their ethnic/tribal extraction, religion or political party affiliation!

It seems no one genuinely care about humanity anymore in Nigeria, it is just all about who gets what.

Im yet to read about the so called human and civil society activists protest about this amorous law against the Nigerian kids yet we have a noisy organization only when their interest is at stake called the NBA with the likes of falana and co, they have all suddenly gone blind, deaf and dumb at this moment, non of them Is ranting on the pages of the newspappers now simply because the maker's and passers of this ludicrous law that makes my heart bleed are their corrupt rich immoral client's.

I make bold to say that the docile nature and misplaced priority of the average Nigerian citizen is one of the reasons why Nigeria seems to have been confined into a perpetual pendulum, aimlessly swinging back and forth without any sense of direction.

Nigerians should all bury their heads in shame for not revolting against this crime against their little one's but will brainlessly rant over worthless issue's but becomes dumb on issue's that takes away their humanity.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by sunsewa: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
kponkpen,true talk
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by pring: 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
God will bless Wole Soyinka and his family.
Our senators remains shameless.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Sam25(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nice one Professor. You are on point. Dele Momodu should learn from you instead of just opening his bucar cavity anyhow.
Yerima is absolutely useless .
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by gbens2000(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
CR77:
So cool from you
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by gbens2000(m): 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
U too much sir,uncountable gbosa for u.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by passionate4ever: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
God that delivered Isrealites from famine will fight for the People of Osun in Jesus Name. Amen! I know by now Osun people would have learnt one or two lessons now.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by gbens2000(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
989900:

Kids know nothing.

MKO upheld his mandate till death -- insisting he could and would not relinquish the will and 'hope' of the people. On his blood and others who died in defiance to the military juntas, and all of us who marched, protested, and endured all the hardships of defiance, is erected the democracy you and I live in today -- y'all can go ahead and ridicule all you want if that makes you feel accomplished.

Special mentions: Gani Fawehinmi, Frank Kokori, Pa Rewane, Kudi Abiola, Tell Magazine and crew, Pa Adesanya, Gani Adams (gone rogue), Walter Carrington (US ambassador), Alex Ibru, Yar'Adua (General), Wole Soyinka, Bola Tinubu, Pa Enahoro, Men and women of the vocal press, Student union leaders and many more.
thank u brada pls tell him to study more
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by sweetgala(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
The deal that brought Saraki into power was partly negotiated/championed by Yerima. The immediate chance Nigeria have of stopping this bill rests in the pen wielded by President Buhari
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Dee60: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
There is Professor Yemi Oshinbajo (SAN) who though highly comfortable would make the sacrifice to enter politics, for the sake of Nigeria. Yet, many people on NL will choose to abuse him.

This kind of bills will continue to triumph as long as good men keep silent! We have left our Parliament and Politics to crooks, scoundrels and thugs, and we sit daily moaning at their behaviour.

We just saw another drama play out earlier this week. How can anything good come out of that Senate? It will be a miracle. And I believe in them.

Yesterday's thieving governors becoming today's lawmakers. Will not be surprised if they reduce the age from 11 to 8!

The problem with Nigeria is with Nigerians. And the 'old breed' of politcians know that and they capitalize on it so well.n

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
You guys are damn funny this bill is an abstract from the so call SHA.RIA LAW so every northern muslem must support it either directly or Indirectly let me stop here for now
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by PopsiAde: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
mesudesu:
and Nigerians are silent about it

Yes they shall until they start suffering from it.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by mrrock: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Stop being silly. How about Chris Anyawu that sponsored the bill, is she a muslim?

You could be a kid or just someone who don't know a thing about politics, and as such taking everything at face value. So, you wanted to see Yerima as the sponsor when he could lobby someone else to do it for him?.
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrrock:
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
[quote author=mrrock post=34703416]

Don't waste your time with that dude cos from his statement they are all birds of the same feather
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrrock:

You could be a kid or just someone who don't know a thing about politics, and as such taking everything at face value. So, you wanted to see Yerima as the sponsor when he could lobby someone else to do it for him?.
Read the comment of your again that I quoted, then tell me who the kid is betweex the two of us.
mrrock:
Re: Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill by Ilekeh(f): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
See them commenting.

Nigerians sabi make noise online. By next month, we won't hear a word of the issue again.

Nigerians le internet warriors.

I DON'T TAKE ANY OF YOU NOISEMAKERS SERIOUSLY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Is The Lion Of Africa – Dele Momodu / Saraki Addresses Protesting National Assembly Staff, As Ahmed Lawal Speaks / Pat Utomi Responds To Rumours He Funded Peter Obi's Campaign On Behalf Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.