Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,021 members, 7,903,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... (1207 Views)

True Confession: Why I Had Sex With My Son / The Oldest Marriage(84yrs)and Their Secret Is Simple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... by ConfessionsNgr: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
I want to thank you all for taking time to read my story, and would appreciate if you can help me out with the problem I am having right now. Although I know that I am the major cause of my problem, but nobody is above mistake, and so I would enjoin you to read my story with an open heart and advise me on what I can do to get out of the challenge I am facing right now. I am the fourth born in a family of eight and I am 34 years of age. My father is a retired civil servant while my mother is just a petty trader who sells provision in the market; so things are not really rosy for us as my parents are just struggling to make ends meet. However, even in the midst of these difficulties, my parents made sure that they sent all six of us to school, up to the university level. On my own part, I got admitted into the University at the age of 19, and had thought that all things been equal I would graduate by the time I am 23. However on entering into school, I got carried away with the euphoria of campus life, and got involved with bad friends who got me involved in so many things that I am even ashamed to write about here. In the long run, I got expelled from the school for cult activities after spending close to six years on campus because I could not even graduate with my mates as at the time I was suppose to graduate. It was after my expulsion, that I realized what mess I had got myself into. How can I go home to tell my parents that I have been expelled for cult activities after they have suffered so much to make sure my siblings and I get good education? I stayed back on campus and refused to tell anyone in my family what had happened, not even my siblings. I later told them that I had graduated and have been posted to Kogi state for my NYSC. During that year I was supposed to be doing youth service, I stayed with a friend who was posted there and came back home after a year. Since then I have been living with my parents under the guise that I am looking for a job but have not been able to secure one due to the rate of unemployment. Recently, my mum spoke with her younger brother on my predicament and he asked me to send him my CV. Just last week here, I received a letter of employment from one of the telecoms company where his wife is working, that I should report to their head office with copies of my credentials . Now my secret is about to be blown open because I do not have any credential to submit. There is no hiding place for me on this because I cannot make up any excuse why I should not go for the job. Please friends, I need you to help me out here and tell me what I should do.

Source: http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/104/my-secret-is-about-to-be-blown-open
Re: True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... by eleojo23: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
I sympathize with you but I must say that you have done a very foolish thing and have broken the trust of your parents who all the while thought you were real not knowing that you were fake.

You need advice?
First of all, just forget about the job because there is no way you will work without any qualification.
And it's time to tell the truth and start your life afresh. The web of lies that you've created has kept you from making any progress because you created a fake life for yourself, hiding in the shadows for fear of being caught.

But now is the time to come clean and that means facing the consequences of your actions and trying to pick up the broken pieces of your life to see what you can still do with it.
You may have to learn a trade because from your story, the only qualification you have is an SSCE certificate and getting a very good job with that is not easy (even B.SC degree holders are looking for job!)
May God help you.
Re: True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... by Austin234(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
The die is cast already. No thanks to ur bad gangs.
My advice: 'be open to ur parents if u still love them. Tell them d whole truth.
Suggest for them on ur next line of good action to see how u can panel beat ur life into a better person in life.
This time think in d line business. Above all, surrender ur life to Christ. Goodluck
Re: True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
At this point,there is really no hiding place anymore. You obviously can't get the job,hearts will be broken,tears will be shed. I can't tell you how it will end but I can tell you we have to face the consequences of our actions. You actions from this point thereof is what's gonna count.
Re: True Confession: My Secret Is About To Be Blown Open... by Heeyhun(f): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
I have a friend who is living a lie too. He was rusticated in 200l, he didn't tell anybody, he always attended lectures and all. He convocated and went on service too (yes, he even had the nysc khaki and cap)...all lies. Now that he has completed nysc, na job remain.

@OP The earlier you came out clean, the better it'd be for you. Your parents and silblings would be disappointed, YES but i believe they would still support you. It may not seem easy, but its better than having to live the rest of your life in deciet.
I pray God helps you as you take responsibilty for your actions

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember This Flying Instrument? / Man Gave His Wife A Very Special Gift As She Was Cheating On Him!! / See Photo Of Malnourished Mother Burying Her Dead Baby (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.