Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,740 members, 7,945,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Blasts Sexual Offences Bill In Open Letter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka Blasts Sexual Offences Bill In Open Letter (483 Views)

Wole Ojo And Kehinde Bankole Are In A Relationship? (Photo) / Olu Jacobs & Wife Joke Silva Hang Out With Ambode & Wole Soyinka In Lagos(pics) / Lady Blasts Olori Wuraola And Freeze Over Gender Equality In Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Blasts Sexual Offences Bill In Open Letter by kehindewealth(m): 12:04am On Jun 13, 2015
Noble Laurette professor Wole Soyinka has condemned the Sexual Offences bill which makes it legal for a man to have sex with female child who is 11 years and above..He wrote to mark MKO Abiola Day, today June 12..

Dear Friends and Comrades,
Regretfully, I am unable to be with you tomorrow morning. However, I extend a warm embrace to you in your resolve to keep within Nigeria’s short memory the events that have been central to the attainment of our democracy – warts and all – enjoyed today by you and me. June 12 remains the true Democracy Day despite the unprincipled efforts of some prime beneficiaries of that struggle to expunge it from a people’s chronicle.

READ MORE: http://www.trendsflash.com/2015/06/12/wole-soyinka-blasts-sexual-offences-bill-in-open-letter/

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Sexual Offences Bill In Open Letter by Delphi(m): 12:21am On Jun 13, 2015
God bless you Sir. Evil thrive when good men keep mute. He has said it all. The whims and caprices of a few perverts shall never determine the norms of a society. There is need for a mass protest from all and sundry against this bill. I hope our civil society organisations are awake and equal to this bidding. Also, as he said, the medical association (NMA) should rise against such aberration. Above all, may president Buhari never assent to such a bill. The bill should be amended if it must stand!.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Sexual Offences Bill In Open Letter by Cutehector(m): 3:50am On Jun 13, 2015
Am goin there to halt and begin to reverse the corrupt bills passed into law

(1) (Reply)

FUNNY SHIT! Video Of 2 Guys Arrested For Drinking Too Much Of Garri. / Pres. Buhari Says He Won't Treat People Who Didn't Vote For Him Equally With Tho / Seems 50 Cent Has Seen Nothing Yet People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.