Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,732 members, 7,969,127 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? (512 Views)

12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election / June 12: Osun Declares Monday Public Holiday; Lagos, Ogun, Oyo Did Not / Today Is June 12, Remember This Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why I brought this up was to get the mix reactions of Nigerians. Yesterday I saw in the news that some students in Unilag were calling on PMB to rename Aso rock after MKO Abiola, Before that, last year June 12, some group of yoruba leaders told the president it should be a national public Holiday. I also heard that Gov.Ambode declared public Holiday on the matter.
My question now is;

#1; Is this some sort of a yoruba pressure or a national issue that needs urgent address.

#2; Is the date JUNE 12 over hyped?

Please I stand to be corrected. Suggestions needed no quarrel.
Re: Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by bishop88: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
no,it remain d best day election was held d rest election is fraud
Re: Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by docadams: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
For creating such a thread, you are not only inviting quarrel but also verbal war.
Before I loose my temper and embark on war with you I will like to know your age so I don't throw avoidable verbal missiles at an uninformed youth. Even then, history is meant for people to be abreast of their past.

1 Like

Re: Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
docadams:
For creating such a thread, you are not only inviting quarrel but also verbal war.
Before I loose my temper and embark on war with you I will like to know your age so I don't throw avoidable verbal missiles at an uninformed youth. Even then, history is meant for people to be abreast of their past.

What is your stand? I only asked for opinions
Re: Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by docadams: 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
June 12 is a monumental date in this country. The only other date that overshadows it is Oct 1st, 1960 in terms of civilian engagements. Your topic and commentary tend to suggest that it could have been an insignificant occurrence. This is the era of Internet where information is brought close to your nearest sight of vision. All you need do is to activate your brain and read it.
Re: Is JUNE 12 Over Hyped? by StOla: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Are you asking if democracy and franchise is overhyped?

I know you're smart enough to know I have answered your question.

(1) (Reply)

Deadly Plot: How Plot To Kidnap Nass Clerk, Abort Tuesday Inauguration Backfired / Aregbesola Took N480bn Loan, Omisore Claims In Fresh Outburst / ‘buhari Misleading Nigerians, GEJ Left $30bn’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.